Monday, October 29, 2007

What a wonderful day!

Well, of three things I am completely SURE of right NOW. 1) I LOVE hot chocolate; 2) Heavenly Father truly blesses me when I ask with sincerity; 3) I LOVE MY BIRTHDAY MOM!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOTHER!

This is kind of late in the day- I've been wanting to do it all day but was always on the wrong computer because this computer was supposed to have a picture of my mom on it. Guess what?! No picture!!! Can you believe that?!?! The thing is, I usually would but we went through this reformatting process a while ago and I haven't put our pictures back on this computer I guess. I forgot. Anyway- I just love my mom so much. She is so beautiful and talented and so loving and wonderful. I just wanted everyone to know that!

Well, I'll explain my things I am sure of as I mentioned in the beginning. First off, hot chocolate IS wonderful. Today I savored it by drinking slower than usual. USUALLY- I chug a mug of hot chocolate down as fast as a sprint runner chugs down a water bottle after a race. Seriously. It's sad. It is just sooooo good. I lasted probably 4 minutes this time. THAT is probably a record.

Second, Heavenly Father is so giving. You know how I haven't been very motivated lately? Well, last night in the shower I prayed for a long while to Heavenly Father. I really just talked a lot and asked a lot. It was a VERY sincere prayer and I literally begged Heavenly Father to help me get all the things done on my list today, at the times I needed to get them done. I also begged for Him to help me get up when my alarm went off (I have been struggling with that lately). Guess what? At 7am, the alarm woke me and I GOT UP! I read my scriptures, said my prayer, read my accounting chapter, went to class, finished my accounting chapter, did my accounting homework, did my other accounting class homework, ate, went to class again, finished my other accounting homework,, read my business law book, and got my business law assignment done. WOW. I did it all without hesitance! I was motivated, and understood ALL the material which NEVER happens (okay well there is one part that is confusing but really, I understand the core principles and am very confident). Anyway, the point is- I sincerely prayed for help today, and I just so happened to get EVERYTHING DONE on my list today! Do you know how exhilerating that is?!?! I felt great! Ohhhhhhhhhhhh goodness. I am so grateful. I said so many little prayers today thanking Heavenly Father for letting me get things done. I am really hoping I can keep this up. I just love it when the testimony of prayer is confirmed through experiences like this. It is was keeps me going. All of that may not sound like a lot, but it soooo is to me.

Now- other news. I thank you all for your compliments on our costumes! For your information, Vampires ARE supposed to be extremely gorgeous. Read twilight people! Oh how I love those books. I fear talking them up too much, but then I reassure myself that they aren't like that. They can't be talked up too much. They are THAT good.

Our VERY good friends (I want to say best friends, but you know how it is...I have no idea if they feel that way about us) Kristen and Zane, are moving into our complex (which is only 8 apartements so it's a big deal) and we are sooooooooooooo excited! They will officially live here tomorrow I think. They have already decorated their apartment and it is so cute. For those who don't know, she is 19 (just like me) and really cute and pretty and she loves crafts and stuff so we get along well. She is way funny. The only difference really is that she loves sports. ha, obviously I don't. I enjoy a little playing around, you know, I love a good game of Wii, but the real deals...no thanks.

We are currently experiencing the adventures of "The Office". We have only seen the first season. We just got the second season from our neighbors. We are excited. We've heard the second season is WAY better than the first. The first was so short! We watched it all last night!! hah. Anyway, it is very silly. So far, I LOVE Dwight. He is so helarious. Clay and I can't decide if we think Michael is funny or if we hate him.

Halloween is rolling forth. We stopped by Albertsons today, and there were TONS of college kids getting pumpkins. We decided that all of them are probably carving pumpkins for their FHE activity.

Lastly, Clay is obsessing over getting fish right now. It's crazy! We've decided it will be his Christmas present because he isn't the type to just get a goldy and put it in a bowl. He is planning on getting a 29 gallon tank (if you don't know how big that is...think about how big a gallon of milk is...times it by 29 and put it in a tank) with filters and heaters and lights and all sorts of stuff. I have no idea where it is going in our apartment. I honestly think we are going to end up rearranging the whole thing for a fish. Figures. Oh well. I'm just glad there will be a lid. I fear it jumping out and attacking me. Really...I'm kind of psycho when it comes to animals in houses.

Alright, this has been long enough. Love you all!!!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Great post Danielle! Super good story about the power of prayer...I'm so glad you got everything done you needed to.

Okay, so I love the office to, but I can't stand Michael...just wait until you watch season two...and this season. Oh my gosh he drives me so nuts.

the fish tank sounds pretty cool. Steve and I aren't animal people, I think the most we could ever do is fish...so let us know if you like it!

Susan, Blain & kids said...

Hey Guys,
Loved your story about the power of prayer. You are so funny, I sure hope the fish don't jump out and attack you. I don't care for animals in the house either, but I don't think fish will be so bad. i am glad that you will have such good friends so close by that is always a blessing. Hope all goes well with you guys.
Love you,
Aunt Susan

Chad and Jessica said...

Hot chocolate rocks.....and just like you said, it always go by sooo fast, and the 4 minute record thing was so funny.
I loved reading your experience with prayer, seriously, it was wonderful to listen to, and I'm so happy you could get through everything so smoothly.
Ooooh fish! That will be fun. I think fish are so beautiful with their gleaming scales. One time, Chad and I just watched our fish for a half hour....they were funny chasing each other and their long fins were so pretty, I know it sounds silly, but it was really relaxing...lol.

Patty said...

I really enjoyed your post about prayer. It is an amazing thing that we can speak to our Heavenly Father and he will answer our prayers. The story about the hot chocolate made me laugh. You can have hot chocolate at our house anytime you come over. We have a great mix that we get from the cannery. Have a great day. Love you.
Bye now.
Patty

Lizzie said...

Oh the office. We own all the seasons, and LOVE it. I couldn't stand Michael in the first season, but he kind of grows on you. I LOVE Dwight and Jim and their relationship.

Wow...a fish tank. A big fish tank. That's gotta be pricey. Your kids will love it though. Tanner stares at the fish tank the whole time he's at the library. There's a fish that looks like Nemo and he really thinks it's Nemo. He loves it.

mandijwaters said...

I can almost promise you that the fish will not jump out and attack you :) Clayton LOVES animals so I am glad that he is going to have one... even though he can't pet it and interact with it like he could a dog. I love hot cocoa too. Next time you come to Pocatello I am going to take you to get the best cup of hot chocolate you've ever had!

Amanda

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

thank you for your very nice comments!! I check the blogs normally every day several times, I can't believe I missed this one!!!It was a crazy day and I think I forgot. Then the next day I read all day and forgot again, then I must have done the same thing all week,hmmmmm...... what was that all about? maybe VAMPIRES AND WEREWOLVES!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Oh and I am sooo glad your friends moved in. love you!!!