Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Blah

So, I am just going to start with the complaints. Sorry, but I have to. I have THREE tests to take in the next THREE days. Microeconomics, Intermediate Fianancial Accounting, and Business Law. I am not too worried about the first, but the last two are kicking my bum. I have decided I am DONE WITH SCHOOL! Don't worry, I don't mean I'm dropping out, I just mean I am so sick of it and I know it's just because it's getting really really hard and I just wish I could stay home and sew and paint and bake and CLEAN- yes, I even wish I could stay home and CLEAN! I have been soooo stinking busy this week I haven't had a chance to put away our laundry that we had done sunday. ugh. I feel like there is no time. I wanted to work out this week but there was no time. I wanted to go get some decorations from the dollar store with my fun money this month but have no time. You're probably thinking- why are you blogging then? Because I just got done homework, don't feel like studying, and the one thing I DO need to do, is read my business law book but Clay is taking that class too and he is reading right now. The price we pay for saving money I guess. I really am feeling discouraged because in my first two accounting classes I was like, top of my class above average, SO CONFIDENT in myself. Now....not so much. I am in a group of boys that are all geniuses. Seriously, all of them got 95 or higher on our first exam. I'm not joking. There are 5 of them. I got an 87. Thank GOODNESS I got an extra 5 points because our group average was the highest, so that bumped my score to a 90. Anyway, I am always confused, and they always get it, and it has gotten to the point where once I know something and try to talk, they don't even care about what I have to say because they KNOW I am not as smart as them. Ugh. Then I am in the process of applying for internships and calling people and interviewing. I'm sorry for complaining, I just have to let things out sometimes. Also, I don't know if I can take all of you saying how smart I am anymore because I'll just be thinking, you don't know what I got on my last test, you don't know how smart everyone else is, you don't really know if I'm smart. I know an 87% isn't so bad, but that was the class average. The professor said that the average will most likely be 10% lower every other test. If I am doing average, that means I'll be getting C's. Not cool.

Anyway, on a lighter note- our really good friends are moving into our complex. Zane and Kristen. She is 19 so she is like me, young and married. She also loves crafts so we enjoy eachother. Also, I have a ton of cute things I am going to decorate my place with, I guess not as much as Amy and Mike, but more than I did last year, and I am wayyyy excited. I will post pics once it's all decorated. Lastly, I am so stinking excited for thanksgiving. I know it's like 2 months away still, but Rebecca invited us to spend it with them, POSSIBLY in the cabin, so I am sooo excited. We were able to have dinner with them Sunday, they are all so cute. Aliese wrote the cutest story about parents getting their way in making their kids eat fruits and vegetables. Anna was all over Clay as usual. He was very patient with her, I was impressed! And Gracie was of course perfect. She is getting bigger ALL the time. I am so mad because I forgot my camera and I specifically wanted to bring it so I could get pics for everyone to see.

Well, I really hope you still love me after this. I really do have a good life and am so grateful, I have just been stressed lately. I really want a break because my unfinished quilt is sitting right next to me and I am dying to finish it. I love it and I know it will be wonderful once it's finished. Someday.

Also, I just wanted to say to any of my sisters that may be confused about the nosehairs freezing- it's not like snot running down your face frozen. Don't imagine the scene from dumb and dumber. It is like, you go outside and suddenly you feel like there is something in your nose. You pick at it and nothing comes out and you can't feel anything but it literally feels like a booger is sticking out of your nose. You walk inside and your nose is runny and it doesn't feel that way anymore. That is the sensation of frozen nose hairs. In winter, it is almost instant as you walk outside and instantly thawed as you walk indoors. It's weird.

Alright, I love you all!!!

6 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Oh Danyelli. First of all: I'm sorry you aren't getting the grades you want to get, and that you feel stupid around those guys. I hate that feeling. I'm sorry you're dissapointed with school. But think about this: you don't feel smart because the guys got 95 or higher and you got 87. Well maybe they did get a higher score- but it doesn't mean you aren't smart or good at Accounting. 87 is a really good score. Especially for BYU. BYU is REALLY hard- alot of guys at UVSC- were going there because they didn't get into the accounting program at BYU. so that means you are way smarter than so many guys that have tried to get into the byu program. You are used to being one of the best in the class- but for the first time there are a FEW boys that are a little better in this class. It doesn't mean you aren't good at it, and that you aren't smart. Take them out of the picture and look at you. You got 87, that is really good. You are smart and you are very good at accounting and school. I love you. I completely understand the not wanting to go to school and stay home and sew and even CLEAN! The nose hairs- hahah- I knew you would think of the dumb and dumber...hahha. I'm glad your friends are moving in. I love you and miss you so much. That's cool that you are spending time with Rebecca's family for Thanksgiving- that's so funny about anna being all over clay. That really sucks you didnt' get to go to the dollar store adn get decorations- whata dissapointment. I feel for you. Soon this will be over and you will be celebrating christmas. I love you.

Chad and Jessica said...

I'm sorry everything is so stressful now, I understand how that feels, but the next time you're extra busy, you'll be able to deal with it even better. You're learning to be ultra-productive. All I can say is take it a day at a time, even an hour or a class at a time, that way you feel little accomplishments throughout the week and the day. Then Thanksgiving will be around the corner. You're doing awesome! As for those stinkin' boys, don't worry about them. I used to think that so many people in my classes were smarter than me, they would get such good grades on their papers, and then I would found out that they had barely gotten any sleep cuz they were working on their assignments for weeks! If I had worked that long, and gone to see my professor tons of times like them, I would have gotten the same grades. Some people are just insane studiers....but I fall asleep at 12:00, not 5:00 am. So, who knows, but I bet they aren't as funny as you.
The nosehairs, that sounds crazy, I have never experienced that. I hate cold. I would have to wear those nasty, butt-ugly puffy coveralls all day in Idaho to stay warm.

Emily said...

Don't worry Danielle...I totally understand the freezing nose hairs sensation. I hated that!

I can't believe the amount of hard classes you are taking, I am really impressed. I hate it when all of the teachers pile on the tests in the same week. I used to go crazy and be so stressed too. I know you'll do great on them, you seem to be a great student...and after they are done, you can get back to decorating your cute apartment and working on your quilt!

You can do it!

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

ok danielle, thank you for tha blog because i am feeling the EXACT SAME WAYYYY... classes are getting harder as I get farther into my major which leaves me thinking thoughts like... and I every going to actually suceed in my major? Shouldn't I be excelling in these classes that i call my major classes. Will i ever be good enough for a career in this? SERIOUS- these thoughts get me EVERY DAY. It's so busy and crazy and sometimes you just physically CANNOT study anymore. trust me girl. I understand. I never thought I'd be grateful to get an 83 on a test like I was today. SHEESH. We should take study breaks together... too bad snoasis is gone :(

LOVE YOU!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

oh danielley!! It will all be okay. You will get the hang of it. And the boys are like all men EGO!!! And don't ever feel bad about complaining. It's great therapy!!! A lot cheaper than a therapist, or having to go to weight watchers!!trust me I know!!

That is cool about your friend moving near.

I love you!!!

Megan and Greg said...

I'm sorry things are so stressful! I know how that goes (not that particular stress of school). Things will get better and you will survive. That is what always happens. We just watched that video again. It is SO FUNNY!!! We watched it last night too. We love it. Loved the nose hair details. Made it sound even more frightening! Never knew that could happen. I love you. Don't ever worry about venting. I love when people vent. It makes me feel normal.