Well, it's that time. Time to round up 2012 and welcome the new year.
It's still a BIT mind boggling that it's going to be 2013. That sounds so futuristic for some reason...haha.
Well this year didn't really seem like much. I can only really think of one thing and that's that Clay and I just kept getting better. Which sounds like not much- but it really is a lot!
I'm trying to think of any big things that happened but nothing much really. We traveled to visit some people a bit, had some visitors, but nothing extraordinary. Oops! HELLO?! We had some huge ones I'm totally forgetting! YIKES. What am I thinking. Seriously. Let's bullet point this out.
- Clay and I got better.
- Clay quit his job and started his own business.
- I became a Certified Public Accountant
- I started food storage
- I've kept trying really really hard.
That's all I can really round up for 2012 but I'd say that's a fantastic list!
2013 will be a good one. Even though 2012 wasn't as good as I hoped (I am still in treatment), I still have high hopes for the future. Here is basically what I've come up with for what I want to accomplish and work on in 2013:
- Pay off MY student loan (it's very small but BLAH- it's there. time to get rid of it)
- 6 months food storage, organized (I started out with the goal of a year...but decided that's a bit much for me right now. I will shoot for 6 and if I get there easily we'll go from there)
- 72 hour kits
- successfully budget once a week
- exercise once a day 6 days a week
- be more spiritual
- read jane austen
- FINISH TREATMENT!
- get better at sight reading on the piano
So I am really determined about these. There's lots but I feel strongly about all of them. Here is how I've determined I'm going to accomplish these things:
- Exercise minimum 10 minutes. That's all I'm requiring of myself each day.
- Spiritual 20 minutes. This is probably going to be the HARDEST of them all. Our young women did a "beauty project" where they talked about inner beauty and stuff. One of the challenges was to spend as much time getting ready on the inside as you do getting ready on the outside. That REALLY hit home with me and I thought- wow how much time do I spend on so many pointless things? And I barely get in any spirituality in my day. Time to try and change that.
- Read recreationally 10 minutes in the evening. I figure I'll get some Jane Austen in that way.
- Do my treatments twice a day- and all of the treatment (we've been slacking on our supplements)
- Sight read 10 minutes after dinner while Clay does dishes with the primary children's song book or the hymn book. (Have I told you how crappy I am at sight reading? This will help immensely)
- Have family home evening every Monday night
- Budget every monday night after FHE
- Fast with a purpose each month
- Assess budget once a month for any extra we could put towards my student loan.
- Wash face each night
- Drink lots and lots of water
The last two aren't like OFFICIAL but they are new resolutions as well. So if you look at all those bullet points it looks like I have a lot of goals. But that's really misleading. I have about 9 resolutions and lots of ways to help myself incorporate them. I know...I know. I should probably just pick one. But I can't really help it. I even made myself a daily resolutions chart where I will check off if I've done something each day...dorky, I know. But I know it will help.
I guess I just am at a point where my life feels really dead and pointless in a way...so I feel like making some changes would help. We shall see. I certainly wont be perfect! But I will keep trying.
This last weekend we had Lizzie's family over for a few days. It was so fun! I loved having them around. I didn't take any pictures though! Woops! We basically hung around a lot- we went sledding one day for probably a half hour or so- and it was SO fun. Tanner loved it, the girls not so much. They got cold fast. We baked and made homemade yogurt, which was great. We went out to eat and played Wii...it was lots of fun!
Well...I am hoping to take a nap today in order to be able to stay up late and not be miserable tonight. We will be playing games and eating good food. I think I will make a batch of chocolate chip cookies and french bread and artichoke dip. One last hoorah before the new year....since I will be renewing the whole, no sugar/gluten unless it's a holiday thing.
Wow. Long post. Happy New year.