Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Excitement in the Phillipp Apartement!

Note the hole in my husbands left sock. He has TONS of socks, all without holes in the toe; yet he still INSISTS on wearing THIS pair of socks....he claims they just fit right. hmmmm

Alright. I don't know how many of you truly know of the phenomenon called "HALO". Well, if you don't I am surprised. Halo is a video game. I am pretty sure it is where you kill aliens and stuff. ANYway- my husband has never owned Halo 1 or Halo 2 but has played them at what are called: "Halo Parties". Yes, there are parties where men of all ages go and play into early hours of the MORNING! Well, Clay has thought it is WAY fun but he's never been one of those psycho addicts that play ALL THE TIME. He is very in control. So anyway, Halo 3 came out a couple weeks ago. Clay was actually invited to a party but never got the phone call because his phone got shut off THAT day (his store is switching companies) so he hasn't been able to play it and has been DYING to see how it is. Everyone and their dog has said how amazing it is, so that didn't help. He had decided he would donate plasma for it, but never really got around to it. But today he was able to sell 2 of his personal old cell phones and gained enough money to buy it! We swiftly went to Wal-mart and they had it in! He came home, opened it with a smile on his face and moved our comfy papasan chair infront of the tv to have an ultimate Halo experience. I just had to share the image. Life doesn't get much better for a boy huh? I guess I could go get him some Doritos...but he probably wouldn't want to get his controller dirty.

While on the topic of video games, I want to give my opinion of them. So many people think they are evil and the root of all violence, but I have to disagree. YES- I think that video games CAN be a bad thing, as all things can be a bad thing. The internet can become an addiction and a bad thing, tv, food, anything. My husband, thank goodness, has never been addicted to video games and has ALWAYS been in control of it and always stopped playing if I asked him to spend time with me. When played for as hobby and leisure I believe it is perfectly okay. Men naturally love to be heros and when they play video games, they are able to accomplish that feeling. I know that may sound funny, but I think it is true. When they play video games, they are able to become heros! If anything, I think that video games are more cathartic rather than encouraging aggressivenes. It lets their aggression OUT and may in fact prevent an act of violence. Obviously there are exceptions, but I really don't think video games are the root of all evil. I think they are a good way for men to bond and work their brains and feel good about themselves. I am sure many of you disagree, and that is okay. I just wanted to express my feelings because there is SO much stereotypical thoughts towards "gamers". I think my husband is completely healthy and NOT violent or damaged in anyway by playing videogames.

Anyway. Now that I have finished my persuasive argument on video games, I will tell you about the upcoming weekend. We are going to clay's cousin amanda's house to scrapbook all night, and clay will play video games all night. We will spend the night and do some more in the morning. It will be fun, but I don't know if I really have many pictures to scrap book. I am thinking of printing off the ones that mom put on her blog of when we were in oregon. OH yeah, and the camping ones. I guess there are a few I could do. I think i'll make cards too. Anyway, I'm excited. Another fun thing is I got these Betty Crocker cookie mixes from albertsons for a dollar each. I think the sale ended today. But I figured it usually costs more than a dollar after you've made a whole batch of cookies, and Patty had this mix and made them this last weekend and they were DELISH! I'm way excited. I also got lots of soup- Progresso, for a dollar each.

I bet this is all boring for you. SOrry. This is my journal though. The lack of enthusiasm for school has not left me. It has only increased. Clay and I are taking a Business Law class together. Let me tell you- it is B-O-R-I-N-G! I can't stand it. I want to scream everytime we are in class because I am so stinking bored. I just keep telling myself: I will never have to take this class again. After this semester, it is done......

Alright, love you all. By the way I think my new nephew Miles is so cute. I wish I could see him in person! If you haven't seen pics, look on Amy or Megan's blog.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Danielle you're so funny! Don't worry, I don't think you need to justify his video game playing. It's a hobby, and everyone has hobbies. You love crafts, he loves video games. Steve (my husband, not your dad...do I still need to write that every time) loves anything sports...fantasy baseball, ESPN, baseball tonight, etc...and I love blogging, crafts...the usual.

So I guess it's all the same, like you said...everything is good in moderation. I have friend's whose husbands go to halo parties, and then we girls have bunco parties. It all works out. Sorry, this was really long, but I really liked your post! Cute picture too!

Chad and Jessica said...

Clay's sock thing is hilarious! I didn't realize certain pairs of socks were SO much better then others...I suppose I need to broaden my sock horizons. I used to always wear mix matched holiday socks (year round) because I would get so many during the holidays. Amy probably remembers this, since we always had to take off our shoes in drama class to preserve the special flooring.

You made some great points about video games, I think you're on the money!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I'm glad you posted that about video games. I hadn't thought about it that way. I love your blogs they are never boring to me!!! I'm exctied for you for your party.

We're coming for Thanksgiving!!!! yea!

Lizzie said...

Danielle, I LOVE the pic of Clay! I love you argument for video games (you sound really smart by the way) and I love the good deals you got. When you talk about finding money (like selling old cell phones) to buy a video game or buying cookie mixes on sale, I feel like I go back in time! Did I ever tell you about grocerygame.com? Well, Shad and I used to do that. Clip coupons every Sunday and shop the sales using our double coupons. Shad's favorite time of the year is late August, when all of the pharmacy stores have school supplies for sale with rebates. He buys TONS of it, sends in the rebates and most of it is free. Anyhow, I could go on and on, but I loved those days. Seriously I did. I think when we bought things, it meant a lot more to us because it took so much work to get it.

Megan and Greg said...

So funny. I totally agree about the video games. He looks so cute in the picture. I never would have noticed the toe if you didn't point it out. It's funny.

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

i am so glad that clay has a great hold on his video game playing! I am all for a good hobby, but boy oh boy have I seen it get out of hand. Clay sounds like he handles it just great. you should play with him sometime danielle, it's HARD! So props to him for being good at it!

remember how i thought clays name was Clayon? mwahahahahah!

Have fun this weekend!!! how about we set a date... SOON!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Danielle, HF would take care of you if a disaster happened. You can only do what you can do. So Heavenly Father will take care of us if we have done all we can do!!!!!!!(food storage)