Monday, October 22, 2007

Ugh

So I decided to stay in the library ALL day today to see what happened. You know...if I'd get more work done. I highly doubt it. First of all, I try going and reading a chapter out of my Financial accounting book and just about fell asleep. In fact, I finally gave in and rested my head on my arms on the desk I was working at and closed my eyes for probably....20-25 minutes. Well, finally I decided to just try my homework without reading the chapter. I sit at a computer and a boy sitting about 3 feet from me is wearing ear phones that are BLASTING rap/hip hop music. I also think I heard Rianna. I think that's her name. Anyway- it was stinking loud. So loud that at one point I realized I was half dancing in my chair. You know swaying and bobbing my head. I'm not lying. It was all happening without me thinking about it. Well anyway, I have no idea how he was concentrating on his homework, but he looked very busy and very effecient. Well, unlike him, I CANNOT concentrate with music blasting. Even when it's in someone elses ears. So I tried doing my homework anyway, fighting the whole way towards concentration. I finally got my homework done after what was probably longer than necessary, and the boy gets up and leaves. Now that I have peace and quiet- ability to concentrate- my homework is done! Don't get me wrong, I could do much more studying, but after that entire hour and a half, I was sick of homework and decided to browse blogs. I just get bored after a while- doing so much concentrating. I really wish I was one of those people that could just sit and read a textbook for hours and do homework for hours, but I start to go insane. Literally. My head starts feeling like it's hyperventelating or something. I don't ACTUALLY hyperventalate, but it's like my head is doing that. Does that make sense? Well anyway, I am currently waiting for Clay to get done with a test. I am wondering what I should make for dinner tonight. I could be lazy and make Macaronie and Cheese. BUT- I have been on a roll these past two days. I made Spaghetti with meat sauce (usually I make sauce with black beans or something...Clay isn't the biggest fan of that...so he was very excited for the meat sauce) then last night I made chicken fetticcini alfredo- it was of course, delicious. I want to make something delicious tonight too. Hmmmm...do I have the motivation? We'll see.

I think for the past week, I have been counting the weeks until the last day of class, like five times a day. There are lots of time frames in that sentence, I hope you understood it! Basically- I am going a little overboard with excitement for Christmas break. School is just not fun right now. I've come to the point of not feeling that smart. In accounting, usually it's like- when I have to do the actual calculations- I am right on. When they ask me things like...just conceptual wordy questions- I am so confused. Is it just a trick of wording? I don't know! blah. Do any of you (or DID any of you) ever double check yourself all the time if you chose the right major? (DON'T WORRY dad- I am sticking with Accounting) I am constantly double guessing myself- am I really smart enough for this? Should I have done elementary education like most of the other women I know? (I know soooooo many people with that major) Should I have stuck with communications? Health science seems interesting too...Anyway, I am always getting these thoughts- surprisingly enough, they always come when I am struggling. Suffice it to say, I have had these thoughts a lot lately! Again, I am staying with Accounting, I like it, it has just been way harder this semester than ever before.

Sorry for all this whining. I wish I was more uplifting. We have been called to be Ward Mission Leaders in our ward. We basically are in charge of making new members feel welcome (for those of you who don't realize, we have new members every single week) and getting everyone to get to know eachother and encouraging everyone to be active in the ward. I am excited. A little intimidated, but excited. Our bishop told us that he wants us to know every person's face and name in the ward, and he wants us to know where they live too. I am sure Heavenly Father will help us, but our wards get pretty big out here. Hmmmm. Anyway, there is a ward halloween party this friday, and so I told Clay we have to go. It is a costume party!!!! I'm so excited. I haven't talked to Clay yet, but I really REALLY want us to be vampires. Makeup, teeth, everything. Give me any ideas if you have them.

Last night we started Episode 2 of starwars. The managers live next door to us...it was kind of sad what happened. The first night we watched a movie, the dialogue was really quiet. Everything sounded really awesome on the sound system, but the dialogue. ANYway, Clay was really fretting about it. We were watching Episode two and Clay FINALLY got it to sound exACTLY how he wanted it. It sounded perfect! We thought the volume was descent and not too loud. Well...in the middle of the movie we hear a VERY loud knock on the door. We pause it, give a quick glance to each other, and I hurry to the door. "Could you guys turn that down? My husband has a big migrane and you guys had it really loud last night too" the manager says every so nicely. "Oh...yeah, sorry about that, sure." I say embarrassed. Anyway, she wasn't rude, but she definitely had a little bit of an attitude. I felt really bad, and embarrassed, but also really sad for Clay because he finally had the sounds to where he wanted it...and had to change it all over again. We turned off the sub and turned it down a bit. We think that helped...well it HAD to of helped because we barely could hear it...we were kind of worried after that so I'm sure we turned it lower than it had to be. Anyway, we'll have to figure that one out. Amanda warned us of that, but we were probably just a little too excited to take the warning literally. Hmmmmmm...

Alright, that will be all for now. I love you all! Clay will hopefully be done soon.

9 comments:

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I love your blogs, whining included! I'm sorry it's so hard. You'll probably start getting used to the whole concept thing. Plus you have been going straight through. I remember Lizzie wanting to quit several times at about your point in the game. I think it is harder when you go year round.

That is so sad about your sound system. You'll have to pay attention to when your mangers aren't home or just come right out and ask them when they are going out, and watch your movies then. It would be sad if you couldn't ever watch it like it's supposed to sound. I am serious.

Well, love you very much!! Oh I had an idea for my b-day, some HO, HO HO blocks? What do you think?

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

i seriouslyyyyy think that it is essential that you and I get together and vent. I just had a converastion with my mom yesterday saying the EXACT same things. "It's so hard, I don't know what I"m going to do, the future is stressing me out, I don't want to change my major- but did I choose the right one" on and on and onnnn. Danielle when I was reading this I felt like you were spilling my guts along with yours!!! seriously- I can 100% relate. Even to the retards playng music in the library, I HATE THAT!!!!

Fitness classes are a wonddddderful release from it all :) I have a test review tomorrow at 8. So we'll have to work around that or else another night. EW- let's stop being so busy!

LOVE YOU!

Patty said...

Congrats on your new calling. I know you will be awesome at it. Do not get too discouraged with school, you are super smart and will get through it all. It is hard, but great things come from great trials. Leif was asking me last night how the sound system was working for Clayton and I told him to check out your blog for an update. Have a great day. Love you guys. Bye now.

Emily said...

I agree with Jenni...stop being so busy!!!

I'm probably not the right person to give advice here because I was a tad bit of a slacker in college, but it seems to me danielle that you are awesome at accounting. I think you're right, this is just a hard semester. And everyone second guesses their major at some point, so don't worry. I'm sorry you feel overwhelmed though. You should have yelled at the music guy, that is SO annoying!

Chad and Jessica said...

Ugh the library! Either I can study really well there, or I fall asleep, or I get distracted by people whose pens are scratching on their papers, someone who has a bad cold...coughing, sniffling up their snot, or I watch the people walking by outside cuz my book is sooo boring. I'm impressed you were able to get your homework done with that guy's music....I don't know how people study like that either, but I love that you caught yourself dancing....that's SO funny!
As for your major...everyone questions what they chose...cuz they think they love it, and then they get in classes that they hate, and start questioning. but the truth is, every subject has a bad side, or a bad class, or some part that doesn't interest you as much. There are very FEW people who love every part of their major, for the rest of us, we love a lot of it, but there are parts that we just have to get through that make us wonder if we really chose the right thing. I knew a girl who stopped her music major, then 2 years later started it again because she realized she didn't hate music, she hated this one teacher that she had every term. Anywho, I hope that helps a little. I questioned my major, but now I love it more than ever, and I kinda want to take more classes now.

Megan and Greg said...

Get the teeth now becuase when I was a vampire I waited too long and could only find one pair and they were HUGE and UGLY!!!! They also wouldn't stay in. It was bad. So get them NOW!!!! Also, I canNOT listen to something and read or write or talk and listen to music. Two things at once is almost impossible for me. I understand.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Danyelli! I wrote you a long comment last night- but I wrote it on the second post- check it! I love you!

Megan and Greg said...

Hey Danielle, I totally know how you feel about school. It can be mind numbing at times. I also get very stressed. However, I have discovered that you just have to focus on what you are doing NOW. Focus on one homework at a time. I think that it is the only way to not get overwhelmed. Otherwise you just have a meltdown. There have been so many times where it just didn't seem possible to get everything done that I have had to do, but then I have just reminded myself that I just need to get through this paper or that test or whatever. Don't get me wrong, it is still difficult. But... you can do it!! Just don't get discouraged!! It was at about where you are in school that I started feeling that way too. It is just because the upper division classes are a lot more difficult and demanding. Don't fret though, the more you try to study for long periods of time the easier it will become.Anyway, that is my pep talk (for what its worth). Goodluck!

--Greg

P.S. I also HATE it when people have their headphones on loud--ESPECIALLY in the library!!!

P.S.S. (or is it P.P.S... I can't remember) Say hi to Sir. Clayton for me!

P.S.S.S. Are you guys coming to Oregon during Christmas break?

Lizzie said...

So much to say...first off school sucks. It consists of a bunch of hoops to jump through so you can get where you're going. Of course it's necessary, so it's good you're doing it, but nevertheless, it still sucks. And I remember on about half my tests at BYU, I would think every multiple choice question looked right. I HATED it. I would study, know the material and then it'd be some question with what looked like 6 right answers. And the worst were the ones that said, "ALL but c and e" or "a,b and f". Along with a, b, c, d, e, and f for options, it's like you had 10 options to choose from.

When did you get released from your other calling. I must have missed that post.

Lastly, you are a stinking genius and you will be an amazing CPA.