Saturday, October 6, 2007

Snow and Deorations

This is our witch in the window that I got from marthastweart.com. She is really a lot cooler than she looks. The real benefit is for the people who see her from outside. At night time the light shines through our window so people outside think there is a witch flying through the sky. She is THAT realistic. hehehe. Anyway, the tape isn't really as obvious as it is in the picture, I think the flash made them a lot more obvious.



This is my little display on our entertainment center. I am planning on putting up more cobwebs but I didn't have time. I also plan on getting one more candle from the dollar tree to go on the other side of the boo! blocks. Again, it looks better in person, but it is really fun you have to admit. I made the blocks and the head:-) The head I also got the idea from marthastewart.com. I just love martha, I don't care if she did go to jail.



This is the decoration I was so excited to get from the dollar tree. The horn thing was $1, and the flowers are 2 different bushels that I mixed, so the whole decoration ended up being $3!!! Isn't that amazing? I know I always say this, but it is so true, that it looks WAY better in person. Anyway, I love it.
Now for our snow experience.

WELL- thank goodness we made it to Idaho Falls okay!!! It normally takes 30 minutes to get here...today it took us an entire hour, possibly more! We were going sooo slow and almost got in a wreck twice. First, a car who wasn't far infront of us started spinning around in circles and thank goodness, my amazing idaho husband was so calm and slowly swerved around the car safely and got RIGHT back on the road. 3 minutes later, our car decided to spin and we were driving sideways, literally, and there were cars right behind us so it was very scary, but Clay again, became a calm superman and knew just what to do. Right away he turned the wheel towards where we were spinning and gained control and quickly got us back on track. I was so impressed. BUT, I still got way scared and got tears in my eyes. It just isn't very comforting to see my husband turning the wheel completely upside down and see that we are still going straight. Thankfully, it has calmed down and it looks like we'll be fine on the road tomorrow...unless it decides to blizzard again. The snow flakes were SOOOOO HUGE! Clay said they were probably bigger than he'd ever seen and that is saying something considering he's lived in Idaho his whole life.

7 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Holy crud those were the biggest snowflakes EVER!!! It was like CHUNKS of snow falling. Don't get in a wreck and die!!!!! Clay should give you snow driving lessons. I almost wrecked when I drove in the snow. Actually, I think you were with me. Anyway. The videos were so fun! It was so good to hear your voice! You should make more videos!

Megan and Greg said...

Oh yeah, love the decorations! The flowers do look real! Very Thanksgiving-y. I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!! I need to get out my decorations!

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

ok so all i could think about was... your poor mom, imagining you getting in a car wreck.. my mom would be FREAKIN!!! haha, but i know girl- it was freaking snowy today, but I couldn't be mad because it was so beautiful

i am dying to see your apartment, it looks SO cute.

I must come soon

love you :)

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Well, like Jenni said, I'm glad I read this after the fact!! I'm glad Clay is from Idaho!!!

Now back to the videos, did you say the snowflakes were huge!? :-) hee hee

I love your decor!! Fun Fun, I love the witch I wish I could see her.

I'm glad you get to be at Patty and Pauls!!

love you!

Emily said...

The witch is so totally cute! I love fall and halloween decorations...they are the best!

Oh my gosh I'm so scared of driving in the snow. I always made Steve do it, and I remember freaking out more than once. Sounds like Clay knows what he's doing, so that's nice!

Chad and Jessica said...

Martha Stewart totally rocks the home decor, garden, cooking caboodle for me, let's face it, she's a home EXPERT/GENIUS, but unfortunately the whole jail thing, anyway....the funny thing is.....I used her website for halloween ideas too, and I made the witch, but I put a different spin on it, I'll put it on my next post. Holy snow....goodness gracious that was wild, glad you made it okay!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Those are the biggest flakes I have ever seen! You are scaring me with those stories! You guys better continue to drive slowly. I'm so glad Clay is from Idaho so he knows how to drive in this stuff. I'd probably be dead by now. I don't have patience, driving in the snow is awful! But that snow is incredible, I have never seen snow like that. OK- the decorations: i have been wanting to make the witch, but I don't understand how to blow up the stencil etc. It looks so awesome Danielle!!!! I love your boo, and the head! I need to do my head! I forgot about it! Your entertainment center looks so good! I wish we lived by eachother so we could do all this together. Your harvest centerpiece and table runner look great. I've been wanting to do something with my table also, but I haven't had the time. I totally know what you mean when you say things look better in person. I took a picture of all my great deals from Walmart- and I didn't post them because they didn't look cool at all. Don't worry- your pictures still looked good, and I know that they look even better in real life. You never have to worry about that one with me. It's like the halloween town- I was hoping you guys wouldn't think it looked weird in the pictures- so I just took videos. Everything looks so great though! SO how much is your allowance? My birthday is coming up and I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will this yearning for money and new things ever go away? Danyelli, I got your phone call- and I never called you back. I've been so busy getting everything for Mike's birthday- I haven't talked to anyone. I'm so sorry I have been so busy. It's not that i don't want to talk to you. This is the first time I've checked the blog since I last wrote. I love you so much and wish we could talk more. I love you.