Thursday, October 18, 2007

Quick Update

I always say I'm going to do a "quick" update, but it always turns out to be long. I am REALLY going to try this time though.
So I figured I better do an update because I've been telling other people on their blogs that it's time for them to post and I haven't for like a week! I think that's a record. Well- the only reason I'm posting now is because it's morning and I still have like 40 minutes before I have to go to class and figured, why not post now?
I have been SO busy this week. Homework and studying up the wazoo. But...the question is...was it really the homework that made me busy? Unfortunately, I think not. I have to admit I have been TERRIBLY irresponsible the past few days. I was actually doing better, but I gave in yesterday and read the entire last half of my book. I am officially done with the twilight series (at least the books that have been published!!!) and boy was it a ride. I tell you- ALL must read it. They are soooo good. In fact, I kind of want to read them again. But I wont. The thing is, I couldn't concentrate on anything else. It was like Harry Potter. If I wasn't reading the book, I was thinking about it. So- I finished it- I justified it by saying that if I finished it last night, I could concentrate today- WHICH I NEED TO. I have a mongo tax accounting test today and I am pretty nervous about it. Especially because if my group has a good test average, all our test scores go up 5 points. I feel like I need to do fabulous because of that. What if they all did great and I did so bad that the average was pulled under? I would hate that. I also have a business law test to take on monday...ugh. I will say again, I hate that class. This semester has been going by quickly, but I in no way want it to slow down. I want it OVER. I can't explain how excited I am for thanksgiving break- for those of you who don't know- we get a week off this semester! Yay!
Well, I'm sorry for those who haven't read the twilight series, but I'm going to ask you to stop reading now. Major spoilers coming up.

TWILIGHT SPOILERS----ONLY READ IF YOU'VE READ THE BOOKS-----ALL OF THEM-------------------------------
------------------------------
---------------------
----------------
------------
--------
------
---
--
-
Okay- Wow. I mean, I just loved it. I can't WAIT for the next one. So for a while I really couldn't stand Jacob because he was so immature, but by the end my heart was soooooo aching for him. I just wish he could be happy. Now- my question. Do you really think that he is going to stay wolf and run away and be done with the series? I think not. I feel like he is going to but his way in again and then Edward and Bella wont get married until forever. UGH- I wish it would just get done with because I love them so much together and she needs to become a vampire so that they can have no limitations and so that she wont be in danger and jdkfaljsdlkf. Blah. You know what I mean. It was such a surprise how it led to Bella really being in love with Jake. Honestly, I didn't see that one coming. I knew she had feelings for him, but I didn't realize it would be like it was. Though, not surprising in other ways. I feel for both of them. Do you think that Jacob will show at the wedding?!?!! I just remembered that part. I feel like it will be a last minute decision for him and he will show and try to fight STILL. Why is Edward so noble? I almost hate reading about Edward and how perfect he is. I love it but have to remind myself that there are no such things as vampires and no such man. (Don't worry, Clayton is WONDERFUL and I love him more than ANYTHING-it has nothing to do with that- again, you know what I mean) Really, I am wondering if Bella is ever going to become a vampire! Things always get in the way. BUT- now she is graduated...they are getting married...but what will get in the way of that?! What more can happen?!! I really don't want Edward and Jacob to fight. I don't see that coming because Edward doesn't want to hurt Bella, but I could see Jacob fighting Edward and Edward HAVING to defend himself. Who knows. WHO KNOWS?!!! Anyway, feel free to comment. Hmmm...maybe not too freely for those commenters who haven't read. I'm sure there's a way you could get around that. Lizzie and Rebecca, I am planning on calling you tomorrow probably to talk about it.

11 comments:

Emily said...

Oh Danielle, I have so much to say about your Twilight comments...but I don't want to ruin it for other readers. I'll just say that while I know that Edward and Bella are meant to be, I am a HUGE Jacob fan!! I want him to be happy as much as I want the other two to be happy. Isn't it just gut-wrenching? All the emotions...oh I love it so much!!!

And, it had to be a book about vampires and werewolves, because, honestly...what HUMAN male would ever say half of the things that are said in that book that make us go weak in the knees? NONE!

I'm glad you liked it! Good luck on your tests!

Chad and Jessica said...

Okay, as bad as this sounds, I think it's probably a good thing that you just finished the books (instead of waiting for school to be out), that way when you're studying, you're not wondering what is going to happen next, and thinking about all the stuff you're missing out on. Ya know? I think you'll study better having read them already. Well, good luck with the studying, you're doing great...and hey, Thanksgiving isn't that far away....yay!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

That's awesome you got to read the twilights. It makes me feel good that you get distracted- because thenI don't feel as bad! Sorry though- I know you don't want to be distracted. You will do well on your tests. crap- I have to go- bye!

Lizzie said...

Don't read if you haven't finished twilight---------------------------
===================================
-----------------------------------
I love Edward and can't stand Jacob. I don't get why people like him. When he forced Bella to kiss him, I was soooo mad. I just love how Edward truly loves Bella and will put himself before her. I want her to become a vampire, but I don't think she will. But I don't think she can be with Jacob because of the whole imprinting thing. What do you think. Please call and we can chat about it.

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

ok don't worry I didn't read the spoilers part... but you mentioned that book in the same sentence as HARRY POTTER! coming from you... hot i know i MUST READ THEM!! danielle I totally agree with you about this semester... crazyyyyyy and I can't wait to call it OVER! Girlfriend- i just love your bloggy. you're the bomb!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Well, I zipped past the spoiler part to comment. I just bought the last one of the series at Costco today, I haven't read the others, but plan on it when I go home. I go home tomorrow!

I also got Anne Colters new book "If Democrats Had Any Brains they'd be republicans", I bought it also at costco, I put it in w/o Jake seeing it. I know he doesn't read the blogs so I'm not worried about him seeing this.

I'll be glad for you when your business law class is over. I'm glad you like your accounting classes.

Well, I'm excited for Thanksgiving, I love you!

Steve/Dad/Grandpa said...

Danielle,
I clearly remember taking business law at BYU. I can remember it because my professor was Verlan Anderson. He was Lynette Lewis' dad (Lynette is Corwin Lewis' wife, our neighbors in Thurston for many years, and Corwin and I had our CPA offices together for many years). Anyway, your post reminded me of Verlan Anderson, a truly great man. He later became a general authority and passed away about 10 years ago. It was one of my favorite classes and also one of the very hardest. Good luck in it. I love you.

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

YO DANNY TANNER... my roomie... well old roomie now married Tiffany Hilton has to take an accounting class and she's wondering if you know any good teachers?!

Emily said...

Okay, so most people don't like Jacob that much...but if you get on her website (I visit it often...nerd alert) she explains why she did what she did with Jacob and all of that.

Oh, it's so good!

Patty said...

I am so glad that you suggested the books for me to read. I absolutely loved them and could not put them down until I had finished them. I wish also that Edward would just marry her and get it over with. It could still be a great story even if they were married and she was a vampire. I am now looking for a new book to read. I joined a book club this week and am looking forward to my first meeting. If I hear of any good books I will let you know. Bye now. love you.

*Stephanie Lance* said...

OK so i guess i really better start reading these books!!! EVERYONE at school and well everywhere i guess is reading thema nd cannot stop tlking about them and they are alllll addicted to them. So i thought hmmm-maybe i should go ahead and read them but then i thought ehhhh i don't know maybe. So now that i hear you are all reading them, they MUSt be good!!! i'll have to check it out!!!!!