Friday, October 5, 2007

The weekend...FINALLY!

Well, my stresses have decreased, thank goodness! I have taken 2 of the three tests, and the thrid test I don't have to take until monday, so I am feeling good. I am done with classes for the week and conference is coming up and I CAN'T WAIT! I really hope I turn into a better person after this weekend because I have really just been feeling like I'm not doing good enough lately. I know you are probably thinking I'm crazy, but that is just because you don't know all of my personal thoughts and daily activities. Basically I just want to be better, so hopefully I will get a lot out of it. I am sure I will with that attitude, right?

Well, I will say that i was COMPLETELY satisfied with my Accounting and Economics scores. I don't know what my real score is for accounting because there is a write on portion, but the score I did find out is 82% of the total score. Don't confuse this with the score I got, I am not saying I got 82%, I am saying that...ah, it is too hard to explain...I'm sure you can figure it out. Anyhow, I got A's on both. I'm way pumped. Business Law on the other hand...comes on Monday, I don't know if I will be as blessed with that one. I'm really grateful becuase I prayed really really hard that I would do well on both exams, and I studied really well an even reminded Heavenly Father that I studied (like He didn't know) and I turned out doing great. I am hoping if I study really really well for Business Law this weekend, which I plan on doing (between conferences-the dang teacher making a test after conference weekend...ugh) then Heavenly Father will be merciful and let me get a good grade. The class is kind of hard, she also said that the stuff we've covered so far is easier and more introductory, so expect harder. UGH- I HATE IT WHEN TEACHERS SAY THAT! They seem to always say those things when I am feeling that I am not smart enough because the material is so hard. Oh well, whatever.

FINALLY I get to go get the decor that I have been wanting to get. I am really hoping the thing at the dollar store is still there, Kristen, my good friend, warned me that they would sell fast, but I thought- hey it's the dollar store, I doubt it. We'll see I guess. I am also getting cobwebs and spiders to put on our entertainment center with our scary manican head. You will all get to see it. I am SOOO excited! I love decorations.

While on the topic of Halloween, my religion teacher said he hates halloween and thinks it's pointless because there is no substantial value in it. One guy raised his hand and said that last year they did treat-or-tricking, where they went to people's houses and gave THEM candy. I thought that was a nice idea. But if everyone does that, then there will be no one at the houses to collect the candy. Maybe not because it really is the same thing- not EVERY member of the family would leave to go treat-or-tricking. Do you love reading these arguments I have with myself? Geez.

So- some FABULOUS NEWS. Don't worry, I'm not pregnant. Our TV is like over 10 years old, we got it form Clay's parents. It's still a good tv, it's just that one of the speakers is broken and the other one isn't that great. So...it is kind of irritating watching movies because half the time we pause and are like- what did they say? So after Clay tried to convince me and I declined the offer to buy a 47" tv that was "SUCH a good deal", he tried convincing me of getting a nice receiver, and some cheap speakers. This would cost a great deal less, and would actually be investing our money for our future sound system. Clay claims these things last a long time, just like tv's and so it would be a good investment becuase we could gradually add good speakers to it. SO- Clay was talking to his wonderful cousins fiance (i think...amanda? i am never quite sure:-) about sound systems becuase he is knowlegable about these things, and after a while of talking to him, Leif (the guy he was talking to) said, 'well Clay, I don't know if you want to do this or not but I was thinking of just giving you ours'. Clay: 'what?!' Leif:' well I have been wanting to upgrade, so I mean, unless you don't want to, you can just have ours'. There surround sound is only 3 years old and very nice. So...obviously, we accepted. We offered to pay SOMEthing (obviously not full price...probably whatever we could afford) , they wouldn't take anything. Basically we are getting a free sound system, not a crappy one, a good one. These are the same people who gave us our couch, papasan chair, and they gave clay an awesome game for his birthday that was like 60 bucks. They are SOOO generous to us. We are very very grateful.

Well, that is about it for my life. We are going to Clay's family's house for saturday and spending the night for sunday. It will be nice. Patty always has delicious treats around that I can never stop munching on and they always treat us amazingly nice. I'm grateful we have such good people around us.

Lastly, Patty bought the twilight series, the ones that EVERYone is talking about- she is lending them to me when she is done. I CAN'T WAIT! I decided I will read them when I work out- ONLY when I work out. It will motivate me to work out. See? I hope it works. ha..

OKAY- this was long. I love you all! Expect a post with pictures today or tomorrow.

5 comments:

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

That was fabulous, everthing from the grades to the little argument with yourself. I 'am so jealous of yours and Amy's writing, it is so entertaining. I am good in front of a crowd, I can keep them laughing and if I want crying. But to write that way, no way! Were your Halloween decorations there? I'm glad you have patty and paul there also. I love you!! sorry I missed your call, we were in Eugene, I think you got a hold of me later. I am tired. I am excited for tomorrow also!!! I love you!! Oh I also loved how clay was trying to rationalize that stereo equipment is an investment in your future!!! DAd used to say that about his corvette. I am very happy for you about your new sound system!!

Chad and Jessica said...

I am so impressed by the effort you put into your classes....so many people just care about passing, but you care about doing great! That's awesome about the speakers....yahoo. I remember when Chad wanted to get some....he's so sneaky, he would just say he just wanted to LOOK at speakers...then after a few times looking he tried to convince me we needed them...then he found really good deals and wouldn't stop mentioning it...so I gave in and let him buy some, but it works great, should last a long time, and he just LOVES it...so whatever

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

happy weekend to you. and i just hear more and more about the twilight books every day. emily says I HAVE To go buy them and so does my friend Lauren, but all i read is text books, oh yeah and I"m poort. so let me know!! haha

Lizzie said...

Ohhh, I read the Twilight series and I loved and hated it at the same time. Of course I was addicted to them, so I finished them, and I will read the next one too. I can't wait to talk to you about it when you are done reading them. I CANNOT believe your snow videos. That looks insane!!! it's only the beginning of October. Where was your fall? I mean don't have fall here either, but don't you usually get a short one? I'm glad Clay is from there and can drive safely in the snow. I love you Halloween decor. I've always wanted to do those martha cutouts for the windows but never have. I wish you could've come to nyc with bec and I last year to see martha. You would've loved it.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Danielle, that is so awesome!!!!! Man! I can't believe that! I"m so happy for you guys with the whole sound system thing. Man, those people are really generous and nice. OK your grades- man danielle! You are doing so good in school! question: do you have a scholarship because of your grades? what does it pay for? all of tuition? or part? You are so responsible. That is so great! You're really lucky with the inlaw situation. Especially the treats. I just realized you probably went there for conference,- I bet that was nice. I know what you mean about not feeling like a good person- not because you're doing something bad- but just your thoughts- or desires at times. You never do it or say it- but sometimes your heart isn't in the right place. It's really hard. And conference is so nice for that. Our stake conference was incredible for me- it boosted me up so much. Unfortunately I slept through most of conference- so I'll just watch it all on the internet, I've done this before. I know this probably sounds really dumb- but I am really excited to watch it- I know that sounds dumb cause then it's like "if you are so excited then why didn't you stay awake?" but I was so tired!!!!! But now that I"m older- I enjoy the talks so much. I feel like they are so much better now- but it's probably always been amazing- and just is now because I'm listening now. I love you-