Thursday, October 11, 2007

Twilight


Well, Patty lent me this book. I started it yesterday and finished today! Yikes, you know how I told you I would only read it on the treadmill or something- I didn't exercise either days. Also, I procrastinated homework and acted very irresponsibly reading for many hours- last night until 1:00am!!! I really just couldn't put it down. I loved it. I am really really hoping that Patty has the next one already. Even if she hasn't read it yet, she reads so stinking fast I know I'll have it soon. BUT- that is if she has it. What if she doesn't?! I will find out tomorrow. It will be okay. I have to PROMISE myself to pace myself when reading the next couple books.

About the book. Those who haven't read it are okay to read this part- I don't give anything away.

I really just loved the emotions the book brought out of me. So many times I was reminded of emotions flown in high school, or even my first semester at college. Just plain old single days. The emotions of boys and girls interacting and falling inlove. It is very well written. I think the book is way creative and not a hard read AT ALL, but still so good.

Those that HAVE read it, read on. Those that HAVEN'T, -go read the book and THEN read this.

Warning again!!! Spoilers....

Okay, I have only read twilight so don't give anything away if you've read the others. All I really want to say is why doesn't Edward just get it over with and make her a vampire?! It would make them both so much happier wouldn't it? But then again, I wonder if all the wonderfulness could fade if they were on equal grounds...I don't know. THEN- I can't stop thinking, he is like 100 years old and she is like...18. I know it works, but it is still kind of weird if you really think about it. Lets see....ummmmm I think Edward is so sweet and Bella is sooooooo typical and realistic. I love her paranoid moments and her clumsiness. Basically, I love romance stories, and this is a good one! So many good moments. They better make movies out of this.

11 comments:

Emily said...

Oh Danielle...I am SO glad you started the twilight series. I could talk about these books for hours! I agree with everything you said...mostly...but I can't WAIT for you to read New Moon. And, I doubt you'll be able to pace yourself. I bet you put off homework, housework, husband...everything until you finish them. That's what I did! Poor Easton was neglected for a couple of days!

I'm so glad you loved it, and hurry and finish reading so we can talk about it more!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Danielle, that is so cool that you have read it! I can't wait for Christmas vacation to read them. My novel class has really gotten me into reading, the only thing is I don't enough time to read extra, so I can't wait for Christmas vacation. Speaking of- are we going to see you guys for the holidays? at all? I love you!

Patty said...

Danielle I just finished New moon. It was a good as Twilight. I got it today in the mail and I could not put it down. I cannot wait to start Eclipse. Thans for the eads up on this new series of books. I love to read and am always looking for a good book. I will get it to you tomorrow. Looking forward to scrapbooking and hanging out with the family.

Megan and Greg said...

If she doesn't have it, look in the library. I went to check it out and there were 25 holds on it. A few weeks have gone by and now I'm the 15th person on the list, instead of 26. So hopefully I'll get it soon. It's seriously sweeping the nation. Everyone's talking about it. Even non-mormons. But the library will have it. Look there! I'm excited for you! And jealous!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Well, I guess I better go to the library and get those books!! Everyone has read them now but me it sounds like!!! I'm not going to Jakes until Saturday now, so I will be home tomorrow if you want to call. Also maybe I'll go to the library and take the books with me if they have them. love you!!!!

Danielle said...

megan and mom- this is why Patty bought them....ALL the libraries had like 12 copies and they were all out and the wait was like 36 people. Patty said that no one in town even had new moon in stock for sale! She had to order it online. Anyway, as you saw...she's done! I'm so excited!!!

Emily said...

JUST BUY THEM...it's SO worth it!

Oh, and Danielle, they ARE making a movie out of it! It talks about it on her website; stepheniemeyer.com

Yes, I'm a nerd..I visit her website.

Chad and Jessica said...

Wow, I'm really glad you posted about this cuz I have never heard of them, and obviously they're all the rage. Oooh, I love when wonderful books come out! Hey, I think it's awesome you're hooked to a book, much better than tons of TV shows.

Josh and Lauren said...

Danielle...this is Jenni's friend Lauren, I don't know if you remember me or not. BUT I am obsessed with the Twilight books..I keep trying to get Jenni to read them and she has yet to do so...they are sooo amazing and you've GOT to read the next too! Anyway, I hope life is good for you!

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

ok so i've been DYING to read these books! I started hearing about them early this summer from my great friend Lauren... you remeber lauren? anyway- she is obsessed... she says she's in love with someone named Edward?!

and then emily- and now you... 3 people I trust with book selection!

I will most def read them asap...like as soon as i don't have to re read my exercise phys book a million times because It's so complicated!!! but I'm excited and I'm glad you love them!

Lizzie said...

Well, I'm happy for you that you are reading something fun instead of just accounting books. = ) I didn't love the second book, but I loved the third. Just warning you. I can't tell you how many times I thought "hurry up and make her a vampire" too! Anyhow, love you! Lizzie