Sunday, July 1, 2007

Blogging, how hard could it be?

So I decided to go blogging today. I have never done it before and it wasn't anything like what I was expecting. I realized during my adventure that you really learn a lot about those who go blogging. I thought it would be different and I was nervous after reading the blogs of others. The passion in Elizabeth's story of permanent teeth marks, the thrill in Greg's camping trip, the love I saw in Steve's eyes with his goat, and lastly Amy's breath taking story of her 2:00am struggles. All are so exciting and fun to read, I said to myself "why would anyone find you fun to read?" But I am going to be a blogger anyways. I guess I will take after my wife Danielle she is an expert blogger. She goes like every day! In her blogs she usually gives a detailed description of some event that has recently happened. Well the most recent event I can think of is the lunch i just had. We came home from church today, and today is fast Sunday by the way, and normally Danielle makes us something exquisite, but today she was on the phone with her sister Amy. So I was left to figure out lunch by myself... this however is not easy you see, I am no cook. My options were slim, it was either a sandwich or bean and cheese burritos. Naturally I went with the burritos but when I went to cook the beans they looked funny and kinda had a smell. So I decided to give them a little run through the microwave and see if they still had a smell. After a time, they seemed okay, so I prepared my meal. I then proceeded to eat the burritos, they were not very good but I was hungry from fasting so I couldn't stop eating. I just sat there by myself eating and thinking "why am I eating these, they are gross." I guess I don't really have a good blogging story... but you get the point and hey I'm new, so its okay, I think? Well I am now a blogger and I just wanted to tell everyone that I enjoy your blogging stories a lot. They really have helped me feel like I know more about each of you and it has been nice! I will go again so you might get to know more about me. Clay

6 comments:

Lizzie said...

Clay, you're funny. I know the feeling of eating something gross, but continuing because you are hungry and thinking the next bite will be better. Bummer.

Emily said...

I can't believe you had bean and cheese burritos when you have an arnold in the house to cook for you!So, you don't know me, but I am Jenni's sister, and she just told me how she asked you if your name was Clayon because that is our cousin's name, and I thought it was really funny that even though that's not your name, she said she was going to call you that. Oh man she's funny. Anyway, blogging is awesome, so you and Danielle keep it up!

Megan and Greg said...

No I loved your blog! I get nervous too! I just decided I'm going to write more like everyone else does. We're excited to see you guys this summer! Keep blogging.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Hahah-that is so funny- because Jenny told me like a week ago about the Clayon cousin conversation-I thought it was so funny. I can totally imagine her asking you that. I had a huge smile on my face the whole time- I think you're funny. I agree with the whole blogging- it's so nice because I feel alot closer to everyone. Sorry about the dinner situation- or lunch?--that really sucks. Keep blogging! I loved the story!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I needed a good laugh tonight! I loved your post!! You are a good storyteller. We need to get you talking more, or is it that we need to be quiet more!!! :-) Thanks for writing, I love it that the guys are starting to write. I taught Steve how to post today, we'll see if during those lonely nights when he is awake by himself if he doesn't go out and tell one of his great stories.

And em, I love that you have become one of the fam!!!

mandijwaters said...

Did you tell someone your name was NOT Clayton? If you did you should not tell lies....

I love your blog... I already posted that in one other spot, but this is your post/story so I thought I'd tell you too. I definitely think you should post more often.. you are funny.. always have been though. Are you getting excited to come to Pocatello on Friday with your parents? I am very excited to see you guys and to go to the play. I am taking a trip to Denver for a week. I leave on the 23rd so it has been way crazy and I almost forgot about the play...oops. I heard you got a new place. That's great. I miss living in Rexburg. They are building a Home Depot there so maybe we will end up there!?! Who knows. Pocatello is Idaho's armpit... Rexburg is MUCH nicer.

Hope all is well for you and I can't wait to see you guys this weekend! Have a great day CLAYTON!!

Love,
Amanda