Saturday, September 29, 2012

Start of a fantastic weekend!

So I am really excited cause this weekend has been great so far! Yesterday Clay and I made a MAJORLY fun purchase which I will share with you probably in a few days.

But doing so caused us to run a lot of errands together yesterday. I was thinking about it...and I was like...obviously it will be way different cause hopefully we'll have a baby, but when I eventually come home from work and stay home, this is what life will be like! My stay at home mom life will be much different than most that I know, cause my husband will be home with me! I'm actually pretty excited about it. I think it will work great for Clay and me. Anyway...that was just a side note.

Yesterday Patty and I made some "veggie bags". Basically light weight baggies to put our veggies in at the store instead of the plasticky ones. Just trying to save the world one plastic bag at a time. Just joking. I'm pretty sure we just thought it'd be fun and cute. And it was! And is! The only thing is...we originally were planning on printing images onto freezer paper and transferring them to the fabric. It didn't work out that great. So we need a new idea. Either way, they look awesome plain. Very pottery-barn ish.

Then I started on another Halloween Decoration. A few of them actually. And today I will decorate! YAY! I have high hopes that my new focus and excitement for halloween decor and thanksgiving decor delays my excitement for Christmas decor. I always have a problem with decorating early. Not this year! We are celebrating ALL holidays this year!

Then of course tonight is the Relief Society Broadcast! I love these things. It just boosts you up which is always needed. Did you know that the Relief Society is the largest women's organization in the world? In case you are wondering, it's an organization under the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints, and our motto is "Charity never faileth". The whole point is basically to organize relief for others. Service, charity, love, are all things we strive to do better. I LOVE relief society, and am proud to be a member!

Well, better get crackin on those decorations! Till next time.

7 comments:

Chad and Jessica said...

Love the blog danielle....and I'm so excited to hear what you guys bought.....hmmmm. Thanks for reminding me about the broadcast! Yikes. And, thanks for inspiring me to decorate!

Kayleen said...

what a tease you are... another dog? bigger fishtank? a boat? a baby? what did you buy? lol. Does Clay work from home, or does he just get off early? I would LOVE to have my hubs work from home. That really will be fantastic when you can stay home too.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW GREAT IT WILL BE TO HAVE HIM HOME!!!!! Cause you guys can switch off. It is going to make a world of difference! I'm so glad he works at home for so many different reasons. I'm so glad you guys took this huge leap of faith to quit his job and go on his own, talk about the best decision! "save the world one bag at a time", you started to scare me danielle! hahah. (cause it would be super scary if you cared about the world haha jk)i'm so excited to see your crafts, I always love what you make. I'm worried I wont' be able to decorate for halloween this yr with the moving and all. I am SO excited to decorate for the holidays in this house though!!! I can get wreathes for my front doors!!!!!!!! love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

oh and i'm so excited for the RS bradcast tonight- I forgot to tell Mike about it- heheh surprise alone with the babes tonight! hehe. but I just always feel so uplifted afterwards. love you.

Megan and Greg said...

What fabric did you use? I always wondered about that. Is it see thru? Do you keep them in the bags in your fridge? I'm very interested in doing it. I have the norm shopping bags and I love them. i would love to have those too, but I don't think anyone sells them. You sound happy, I'm glad. It's good to get things done. BTW the last few days Scarlet hasn't had any symptoms! No pain in her body! YAY! She did complain today, but for 3 days in a row she kept telling me everything felt good. That makes me happy :) LOVE YOU!!!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

oh Danielley you are so funny, you make me laugh! That is a good thing!
I am excited to decorate also. I'm curious about your veggie bags, what did you make them out of? And then do they have to dump everything out of your veggie bag? I was going to decorate this last week, but did 't get to it. :-( It is different having the hubby around all the time, but they do appreciate you more when they see all you do! I LOVE the RS broadcast. love and miss you!!

Kristi M. said...

What fabric did you use for the veggie bags. I made some out of a larger holed tulle (if that makes sense-more net like than fairy princess). I love them! They have practically no weight to them. The checker just scans them through with the produce.