Friday, September 21, 2012

Early start of the weekend

Something that I absolutely LOVE about my job is that I get most Friday's off when it's not tax season! I work every 3rd Friday if we want to get real technical, but in my mind, that means I have most Friday's off! It's glorious.

So this morning I went to 6 thrift stores. YEP- SIX! And can you believe I didn't find one thing to buy until I hit up the sixth store?! I spent $1.54 on five fake pumpkins. Then I hit up the dollar store and got three more pumpkins for $3.00.Then off to Fred Meyers to get some spray paint...and then I vowed I wouldn't spend any more money until December! At least on myself and decorations. It'll be rough...but I think I can do it :)

So I was feeling kinda bad cause lets be honest here...I bought 4 cans of spray paint. Clay currently thinks I only bought two...and I didn't lie to him, I just didn't outright tell him it was really four. So, surprise love:) But here's the deal...I barely used up maybe a third of the cans! So I will have them for many projects to come. But again, I am on a spending freeze until December.

So like I was saying, I was feeling bad...so I called PetSmart to see if they had any angel fish in. They are ALWAYS always out when we go and that is the one fish Clay has REALLY wanted since he first got the tank. Well they had like 10 in!!! I thought of surprising him by bringing one home...but thought I'd better let him come pick it out himself. So I called him and said, "Are you ready for the day?!" he said yes, so I came home and we went back out to PetSmart and got ourselves an angel fish! No name yet...

Then we came home...debated who had to make our grilled cheese sandwiches. I told him I make his lunch all the time so he should make it. He offered to rub my back tonight for 3 minutes if I made the sandwiches. I said, 5 minutes. He said, nope 3 minutes, take it or leave it. So I was so mad and said, "FINE- you don't get any lunch!" I finished what I was doing on the computer and then said, "4 minutes, take it or leave it." He countered with 3:30. I countered with 3:30 of rubbing and 30 sec of scratching. He countered with 3:30 of rubbing, 15 sec scratching. I made the final counter of 3:30 rub, 15 sec scratch, and 15 sec of complimenting me telling me how beautiful I am. DEAL! Making lunch is not such a simple thing around here.

Then I spray painted my goods and oh! I can't wait to show you guys.

Then we continued to gather stuff around our house and garage and took pictures, posted on craigslist....we are seriously doing awesome here. We are raising money for our Christmas present for ourselves and it's pretty exciting. Hopefully we'll get it here in the next month or so. Anywho...that's been our day. Now I have just put in the oven cauliflour pizza crust. We'll see how it turns out! It sure smelt good. Once it's done we'll eat it and watch "Up all Night", a funny tv show. Any of you watch it? We like it.

And THAT is a good early start to the weekend! I'm happy happy happy. Tomorrow I'm helping out for baptisms in the temple and I'm so excited! It's always so wonderful to be in there and I think I could really use a spiritual boost in my life. So pretty much, this weekend rocks.

Peace out.

7 comments:

Kayleen said...

okay... your lunch debate? hahahaha! Awesome.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

You guys are so very silly, grilled cheese sandwiches are EASY PEASY. Too funny and I am still laughing just like a couple of kids although you are really grown ups. Good luck on not spending money until Christmas. That is a worthy goal and one I wouldn't be able to keep. Love you both. Hugs and Kisses

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Great blog loved it all! I'm so Glad you get most Fridays off it sounded like a wonderful day. I love how you buy things to decorate with and get them all at the thrift stores. That's cool what you doing for your Christmas present. Pretty crazy about lunch. I'm glad they finally have been the fish in! love you miss you

Ainsley said...

Oh real life! Just makes me smile and reminds me appreciate the simple things- like homemade pizza and good tv show. Can I join in on your no shipping till Christmas thing? I need some retail discipline.

Megan and Greg said...

You are so lucky you can go so many places and do so many things on a whim! When you said 6 places I was like SIX?!?!?!?! It is such a task just going ONE place to grocery shop! Forget about doing anything else! I remember those days! I can't wait to see your pumpkins! I should do something crafty with Scarlet. Ok you guys are funny about making food and negotiating. I thought that was pretty funny! Love you.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

hahah on the lunch debate. my comp. is about to die so this has to be short! I can't wait to see the puimpkins!!!! sounds fun thrifting. what are you getting for christmas? i can't remember??? love you!!!!

Amy said...

I am so glad to see that Chad and I aren't the only ones who debate how long of a back rub I can get for doing something for him :)