Thursday, September 6, 2012

New Rug


We got a new rug! We sold our old one...and got this new shag rug. We LOVE it. It is just so cozy and perfect. Dante loves it too. 

My newest obsession is getting curtains on those windows. I HATE HATE HATE blinds. And that is the current thing on them. So hopefully soon I can work on that :) 

Have you noticed I've been in the whole, "changing my house" mood? Dining wall, rug, curtains...I have a new theory. If I hate something, change it. Of course it can cost money to have this attitude. But that's why I shop at thrift stores and that's why I sold my old rug before I bought a new one. And that's why I am selling all my crap around my house before I start on curtains. But you know what? It's great. Cause now instead of having all this negative energy in my life where I look at a wall and think, "Ugh. I sure hate that wall" or "UGH- I sure hate that rug. Why did we settle?!" now I look at my wall and say, "Oh! I love it!" and I look at my rug and say, "Oh! Doesn't it look so much nicer in here?" and soon I will look at my curtains and say, "Oh! So much better. So cozy." Seriously...it's my new motto. If you hate something, change it. I know it's probably more complex than that. But so far it's working.

Today is a little chilly. I wore some boots and a skirt and I like wearing boots but I don't like feeling a little chilly! Oh well. It's life. I am really looking forward to the holidays. Like actually a LOT. Mostly excited to decorate! That's another motto I'm starting. If I hate a season, find something to be passionate about in it. I hate being cold and I hate winter! So I will be passionate about my holiday decorating! 

Life lessons. They are always coming to me :)

6 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

I love you Dan. You're totally right. I would keep doing it. It applies to the physical world as well as our inner being. That sounds so hippy. I don't mean it to be!

Jenni said...

I'm totally with you! I spent all morning looking at my walls decided on what changes I can make. I'm bored with the decor, so why the heck not change it?! Your rug is beautiful and looks so good in your already super cute room! I just struggle because we will only be in this place for 8 more months, so I feel so guilty spending money on making it cute. But I mean, I'm hear all day... every day... so I guess it's important that I'm happy here :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Cami said...

Gotta love those life lessons! I am also in the process of redecorating, but with our mismatched furniture, it has to be done carefully! I have been looking on ksl for a stinkin' 6 drawer dresser that I will convert into an entertainment center... the said dressers only stay available for 30 minutes or less, then they are sold. So here I sit, perched on ksl, waiting... just waiting...

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Really like the rug, and the dog looks so happy sleeping there. I agree with you if you don't like it change it. Good motto. I'm with you I love to decorate, and I haven't a lot of space to do that anymore. Love you

Shannon said...

I am just catching up on your recent posts. Dante looks so sweet snuggled up on that rug. I think that it is ok to be picky.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Great attitude!! and love the rug. I hate blinds also. I am going to replace all my blinds in our other house to curtains. I am going to start now even though we aren't living there...at least the hardware. I probably will use cheap curtains that work, not necessarily something I love. And I agree, i have spent most of my 55 years just being dissatisfied out of fear that I might not do it right. Here at this house with the help of Amy I finally dove in.