Friday, September 14, 2012

My Petticoat!


 So I saw this on pinterest and definitely wanted to make one! And I love it! The instructions are super easy and anyone with beginning sewing skills could totally whip one up. Go HERE for the tutorial.


I am seriously always struggling when it comes to skirts. They are often just a titch on the short side and I just hate that. I'm always adjusting and trying to pull it down. I have pretty long legs and so "modest" skirts typically aren't completely modest on me! Come to the rescue- petticoat skirt. YES!


Please note my pose in this picture. I kinda spilt some salsa on my shirt earlier, so I'm just coverin it up:)

I'm basically so excited about this because I have skirts that are a bit too short and I have SEEN skirts and dresses that are a bit too short...this solves all my problems :) Yay!



 And a little extra cuteness for your day.

10 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE IT! If and when I have hte time, I will make one!!!! Oh my gosh- i love it so much!!!! It looks like something you'd get at antrhopology. And I love it as an extender! you are so cute in the pics too. and anna and aliese are sitting here and love it too! love your house in the backround too. love you!

Megan and Greg said...

Wow, what an idea. I never thought about just having a skirt UNDERNEATH. So much simpler. I want to try this out. I can never buy skirts, especially NOW. They're all getting so short. And they're all so cute. I love your side braid. I LOVE your blue dress. And the skirt. You're such a cutie. Love you!!! Can you take anymore time off? next month?? Greg's leaving again!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

You are so dang cute!!!! I love the petticoat and of course your making it makes it even more beautiful. I love you and I love the EXTRA CUTENESS picture too. Hugs and kisses

*Stephanie Lance* said...

I LOVE this! I have been wanting to make one for a long time but I didn't know how and NOW I CAN!! Thanks for sharing! Also, I love those pics of you! You are so cute and stylish and pretty!! Love you!

Lizzie said...

so cute. i have that tutorial pinned and never made it. i want to now! so cute.

Kristi M. said...

I love this! I have the same problem. Longer legs, shorter torso. Dresses and skirts are always just a tad short. When I get a chance, I will have tow whip one of these up.

Jenni said...

GENIUS!! I have the very same problem. Most every skirt I find is pretty borderline on me. Maybe I'll be brave and give it a try. You look so dang cute in those boots!

Anna said...

That is so cute. It really looks cute under the dress and skirt. You look so beautiful! I actually think the pose in the second picture is really cute! :) I want to talk to you sometime about BYUI. When are you free to talk! I'll text you sometime. Love you!

Shannon said...

I think that I will try this out. I LOVE Dante. What a sweet face he has.

Our vet prescribed Bella another antibiotic and she seems to be getting better again. Crossing fingers that it's not cancer.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Very cool and very cute!! Andy yes Dante is very cute!!