Friday, December 7, 2007

Nothing New...

Well, I really haven't posted in a while and it's because there hasn't really been anything exciting. Pretty much just homework and studying. Today has been hard because I have SEVERE fridayitus. You know like senioritus, but fridayitus. I know I have the weekend, so I don't want to do ANYTHING. I already wasted some time reading a book Patty gave me probably a couple months ago. It is written by an LDS author called "Almost Sisters". It is way good. I am not done yet, so don't know my recommendation status on it, but so far I am really enjoying it. It is just one of those feel good books. So far anyway. I DID work on my tax return due tuesday though. I felt pretty stupid because while I was working on it, I e-mailed my teacher 2 times with questions. And then e-mailed him a 3rd time before any response saying, sorry...I figured it out. Only one week left of school and I am DYING for it to be over. I know I should just be grateful I am getting an education...it is just so hard to have that attitude. Hah, I really just want it to be over! Thank GOODNESS I will do my internship next semester with NO CLASSES! Ah, bliss! Don't get me wrong, it will still be hard and tiring...40 hours a week and an hours worth of commute everyday. But, I am excited. I am trying to not be so nervous, but I still am. At least I am sleeping well again. The first few days after I got the offer I was seriously not sleeping well. I kept tossing and turning because I was so nervous. I always feel so inadequate. For almost everything. I feel this is a big weakness of mine. I am constantly thinking I'm not good enough, smart enough, experienced enough, whatever.

Well, here it is. The most exciting news of the week: We get random stuff in the mail all the time. Well finally something of VALUE came. JCPenny gave us a flyer with a coupon on it that says "$10 off a single in-store purchase of $10 or more some restrictions apply. See savings certificate below for details.
So anyway...I got SO EXCITED. I admit, I didn't see that small print at first, but I looked and of course, almost everything is restricted. BUT- not EVERYthing. I tell you- I am going to find SOMEthing that is $10 in that store and get it for free! I am way excited.

The fish seem to be good. It's pretty chill since the tiger barb died. We have officially named the other one (the one that tired our other fish to DEATH) "Assassin". Like it? It's unfortunate we had to name him that, but it most definitely fit.

Oh, I take back my earlier statement. THIS is the most exciting news: I get to see Lizzie and her family during Christmas break! Now- do you realize how long it's been since we've seen each other? I'll tell you. 1 and 1/2 years! Basically since we got married. I have NEVER seen Kate in real life. I am sooooooooooo excited. They are going to be in Utah for Christmas and Clay and I are going to go spend a night down there so we can spend some time with them. It will also be good for Clay because he wants to do what Shad does for a living so this will be his chance to ask any questions he needs to. Also, Lizzie and Shad really don't know Clay at all. They really have only met. So this will be a good opportunity for them to get to know each other. HOW EXCITING!

Right now I am going through the dilemma: to read my accounting chapters....or not to read my accounting chapters...that is the question. To read my business law chapters....or not to read my business law chapters. I really am leaning towards the not. blah. School is making me crazy. It is supposed to make you smart, but it really makes you crazy by the end.

Alright, I love you all! Supposedly a huge storm is coming our way. I hope it's not so bad that I can't go to my hair appointment tomorrow. I am getting my hair done by none other than Stephanie Mitchell! I hear she's good:) It's pretty awesome because I just so happen to want my hair done on the very day that they are letting people bring in coats and cans of soup for free hair cuts. Score.

7 comments:

Susan, Blain & kids said...

Hey Guys,
Glad your fish are doing better! Hope you can stop at our house when you go to Utah, if for nothing else just a quick potty break and a hello. I would love to have you stop by so let me know if you want. Hope that your haircut goes well. It has been raining and storming all day long here and when I say all day I mean all day with no break it rained all night last night and so far has rained all day, but it is 10:30 at night so it could have stopped by now, and I don't plan on checking. Anyway I hope that you have a fun weekend. If you go to Patty's eat some of those cookies and candy she is going to make for me.
Love you guys,
Aunt Susan

Megan and Greg said...

No way, a can for a haircut? SWEET!!!! Do they demand a certain amount? That could be a 40 cent haircut. I'm so glad you found stephanie. I totally trust her. I am so glad for you. So glad. I didn't know your fish died.I LOVE ASSASIN!!!! GREAT name. I'm so jealous you get to see lizzie. But I've already seen her twice, you're definitely due. You will fall INLOVE with Kate. Oh! You will. I've never done my taxes. I've ALWAYS given it to Dad. Don't be nervous about work. You will do great! Just remember, you're not the first intern they've had, so it will be fine.

Megan and Greg said...

Oh, and I like the new green.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Ah Sweetie you are so great!!! Just quit worrying about whether you are good enough. I know that somewhere inside of you there is FAITH and it can move mountains. My grandma used to say to me "Nellie behind every black cloud there is a silver lining". You'll get a break during Christmas and then things will look much brighter when you get back. Megan is right you will fall in LOVE with Kate, she is by far the sweetest little thing. I love the fish's name and he deserves it right. Keep your chin up and time will fly next week and it will be over for awhile. I love you Grandma

Lizzie said...

Assassin?? That is hilarious. I love how your fish are like your children right now. You know all about them, watch them, worry about them and everything. It's nice though that they let you sleep through the night and you don't have to change diapers. Although on a down side, no cuddling. = ) I am sooooo excited to see you!!! It's in like 2-3 weeks you get to see the most beautiful 11 month girl you've ever seen! = ) I'm just full of it this morning aren't I? I want to see pics of your hair cut. And you will be amazing at that internship. I'm not just saying that because you're my sister. Mom used to always tell me how impressed Dad was with you when you were working for him. I know that wasn't doing tax returns, but you'll learn it and be superb. For reals. I know it.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

i've been so busy decorating that I haven't read the blogs. I do love the name for the fish, it is perfect!

I didn't know you suffered that insecruity thing, I guess we all do to a point. You are just so amazing at everything you do. You will be great at your internship. Dad says you learn really fast, and he has had LOTS of employees, so that says something. I agree, it will be a nice change of pace to go to work instead of school. I hope you find something fun at Penny's, I loved the literal small print on your blog!

love you!!!!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

OK- so this is interesting. I didn't recieve either of your posts until this morning. I have been checking everyday, and even yesterday your hair wasn't up- weird. ANYWAY- so finally I have read them. WELL- OK- on the adequate thing- WHen I compare myself to you- i feel so small. I think you are so amazing. I think you are so spiritual, so beautiful, so crafty, you can cook, you are so smart- you get such good grades, taking so many credits at once, and somehow you find time to do all of this and be a good wife?!!! Sister and friend?!!! What the heck! You're doing an internship- you are so frugle- AND- you are such a christlike person! It's one thing to do all those things and another to do it and be a great person at the same time- you are so amazing- and I have no no no no no no no no doubt in your whatsoever. I think you are so amazing- I tell people that all the time. I really do. As for your hair- it looks amazing! I love it so much! That is so awesome you only had to pay a can or whatever! That is really funny about that fish beign named assassin- ahahhahah- That is funny about clay doing MORE research- I love that he loves animals- and knwos so much about them- that's funny about clays parents getting you more fish. They are so nice. The pics are so cute! I love you!- and you're gonna do great on the intern!