Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Oh Britney



Well, I as I am typing I have my earphones in my ears listening to "Hit Me Baby One More Time" on my new Zune. Can I just say...Britney had some GOOD TUNES in her early years. I don't care HOW she is today, I LOVE THIS ALBUM! And I LOVED going to her concerts. Yep, did you know that? I have been to TWO Britney Spears concerts. The first one was like the first year she was a singer and my sweet sister Lizzie waited in line in the wee hours of the morning so that she could take me to a Britney Spears concert! It was at a state or county fair. I can't quite remember. I know that it was on the grass and we were way close. Joey McIntyre opened. So did a bunch of awesome dancers. I remember a couple of guys chanted in the middle of Britney's performance: "Take it off! Take it off!" ha..haa.. I remember thinking..."I hope she doesn't.". Lizzie and her friend from college took me and I remember they took turns holding me on their shoulders so I could see better. I was still in elementary school! Anyway, GREAT experience! Then later in middle school I got tickets for my birthday I think...and so did Steph and Jenni, and I got two so that Amy could go with me. It was me, amy, emily, steph and jenni. This time Britney was MUCH bigger. It was at the rose garden and steph, me and Amy were in the very back row of the entire building. haha. We had binoculors. This time Aaron Carter opened! Wow that was a good experience too. I wasn't even expecting to write about this...I just it just comes with the music! All I know is I can't really listen to "Baby one more time" without dancing! I LOVE IT! I also love all the memories that go with those times! It is really so sad that she has so much drama in her life now.

This is main street outside our window.

Well bad news....I can't go see Lizzie tomorrow:'( We have been having major snow storms and one is heading in tonight. Basically, it is way too dangerous for us to be on the road going over PASSES. Major disappointment. Oh well...we'll see them in like...7 months.

I watched High School Musical 2 today. I also watched special features which showed dress rehearsals of the dances. I basically decided it is my dream to be on the cast of High School Musical. Can you imagine? Their job is to learn dances and songs and dance all day long and sing all day long. HELLO! I love doing that! I was also thinking- those kids MUST be in shape. All those rehearsals and performances of all those dramatic dances have got to keep their body nice.
I got home and sat at the computer and it smelt like onions. I looked in the garbage and it was empty. There was no food around. I was so confused. I thought maybe it was me. The next day, different clothes, still smelt like onions! Today I completely cleaned the computer desk and it no longer smells like onions! Wierd huh? Something about onions in my life...

Well that's all for now! Love you all!!!!

6 comments:

Patty said...

Loved having you and Clayton stay with us over the Christmas Holiday. Wierd about the onion smell. I am really sorry about you not being able to go and visit your sister. I know how badly you wanted to visit her. Britney did have some great songs. but she is a real mess right now, which is so sad for her and her kids and family. Have a great day and we will see you later. Love you
Patty

Susan, Blain & kids said...

Hey,
I used to like her also I have to admit, I still do like her old music. Hope you have a great week. Sorry to hear you could not see your sister.
Love Susan

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

That was great, mom (grandma) and I just finished reading your blog, we laughed and laughed. I agree, it would be fun to sing and dance all the time! I also feel bad for people like Brittney, they get into it so young with crazy parents and it ruins their life, I hope before she ruins her life totally, that some time she figures it out!

Thats funny about the onions!

I'm excited to get my zune up and running, maybe when everyone leaves and things calm down. I watched the first high school musical,I thought it was fun. I haven't seen the second one.
Well, I love you!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

danielle, I am so sorry you didn't get to see Lizzie and her family, that is awful. What a huge dissapointment. THe onions- hahahha that is funny. Highschool musical- I still haven't seen the 2nd one, both you and megan loved it, so I really need to see it! You would be such a good dance teacher, you are so good at dancing. I"m so glad we got to go to the britney spears concert- that's funny you bring it up- because the other day I was trying to remember how we got those tickets- I knew there had to be a reason behind it- but I couldn't remember what! That was so nice of mom to do that for us! I love Britney even though she's messed up. I feel really really bad for her with all the mess in her life and having it publicly broadcasted. And her first cd is classic. I still love those songs- hehe. Oh danielle, I love you so much and miss you! I hope we get to see eachother before the reunion- that is just too far away! I love you- and I"m glad you had a great christmas!

Megan and Greg said...

It is seriously my dream to be 17 and sing and dance in High School Musical too. I would LOVE that job. Guitar Hero is fun. DDR is SO FUN!!!!! Yes, I love Brittney too. I always will. I can't believe you went to 2 concerts!!!!

Rebecca said...

You are so funny. I laughed and laughed. What great memories of your concerts. We still have a picture of you and Amy with crimped hair and Brittney shirts on. So cute. Amy gave the picture in a funny frame to Darin for his birthday way back then.

Okay, high school musical. I love the second one, and can't decide which one I like better, the first or the second. THere are better dance numbers in the second. So fun. I have also watched all the special features with my daughters. They watched it several times this week at the cabin. I personally think that you would be a great addition to the cast and make a third high school musical a smashing hit. Darin still regrets not auditioning for the Wiggles when their lead singer got sick.