Saturday, October 27, 2012

Tea, winter, and resolutions

These days I am pounding down this tea.


It's full of yummy ingredients like Cinnamon, roasted chicory, roasted carob, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg! Incase you're wondering, the perfect combination is a cup of water in the microwave for 1:30 minutes, seep the tea for 6 minutes, and add a glob of raw local honey. It's pretty much perfection. Especially at this time of year. Oh, and it's from Walmart. 


Even though our ENORMOUS amount of leaves are still on the ground under that snow, it's really really pretty outside this morning. Secret? I really want it to snow today. I dunno. I know it goes against everything I ever felt towards winter but don't you think it'd just look nice and make today cozier? I do. Since I don't have to go anywhere, it would be nice.

Yesterday I read Elder Uchtdorf's talk "Of Regrets and Resolutions". Find the talk HERE. I highly recommend every person read that talk! Even if you aren't a mormon, it applies to everyone and I PROMISE you, it will uplift you. In the talk he mentions three resolutions we should strive for:

1. Resolve to spend more time with those we love.
2. Resolve to strive more earnestly to become the person God wants us to be.
3. Resolve to find happiness, regardless of our circumstances.

That's what I'm trying to work on.

Well, I hope you have a good weekend.


5 comments:

Jenni said...

Thanks for the tea recommendation! I think I'll try it. Looks and sounds delicious! The snow is beautiful... but it's just so annoying, so I'm trying to hold it off :) Happy weekend!!

Lizzie said...

I just love your blog. It has a warm and cozy feeling. Love it. I've read all the recent posts...just haven't commented. I check it everyday. = ) Love you

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I love tea, but never think of drinking it. Maybe since I have to take my hula hoop back I will buy some tea. I think when you don't have to go anywhere, there is nothing more wonderful than being snowed or stormed in. It is a snug cozy feeling. It makes me want to watch a good movie and drink hot chocolate and eat yummy food. Don't do that very often quite an understatement. Today we are having a stormy day! love you, oh and your pics are cool!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

The snow looks cozy and it makes me think of drinking tea, love it and sitting down with a nice fire and a great book and a crisp apple. Loved pres. U talk and it is so great for this time of year and I am praying for a big change in our country. Love you so much

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I love his talk. Don't you wonder if he knows how much people love his talks? Or if he's completely oblivious? i love your blogs. the snow sounds fun. it's hot here - haha. so wierd. BUT- at night it gets REALLY cold! like 60 degrees. is that cold to you? it is to me. we're finally putting maddie in those footie sleepers and it is SO CUTE! well- miss you- love you