Thanks for all the nice thoughts on my last post. I've kinda decided here on the blog I kinda just write whatever I'm feeling that day, and it usually passes! Whether that be good or bad. Today I'm excited for a number of reasons.
1. It's definitely fall here. It's crispy cold and it's raining leaves. It's nice. And I am trying to soak it all in before the snow hits, which is bound to happen here in a few weeks.
2. As a lot of you know, I grew up playing the piano. Basically I'm not gonna lie, I was purty good back in the good old days. Then I stopped taking lessons and stopped practicing and anyway, I'm pretty rusty! One thing that is just the truth is I am TERRIFIED of playing in public, ESPECIALLY accompanying people when they sing. I have now accompanied the young women in public TWICE! Twice people! And guess what? I was less terrified the second time. So I have decided this: the more I do it the better I'll get and the less scared I'll be! So I'm pretty much going to jump at any chance to do this because I'm deciding life is about diving in, growing your talents, and of course serving, and a whole bunch of other stuff...but the point is, I am trying to grow this talent of mine back to where it once was, and even further than it was. I really do love to play the piano, and I LOVE my piano, cause it's beautiful and I made it that way. I mean, obviously the original creators made it beautiful, but then some idiot painted it poop brown, and then I made it beautiful again! All this being said, basically all I'm saying is I've been playing more lately and trying to overcome fears more and it's been great.
3. I made pumpkin bread again this week and the truth is...Clay and I essentially ate two loaves in 3 days. We are okay with that. Cause A)It's delicious and B)It's got a boatload of almonds in it, which gives me permission to say its healthy for us!
4. It's decided. I'm getting bangs. Shaggy long bangs. Cause the last time I got bangs the person cut "little girl bangs" (Clay's words). It was a horrid experience, so I'm gonna make sure they are extra long. I can always trim them you know? Besides, I dig that look. Hopefully they don't drive me too crazy!
5. Good music. At this very moment I'm listening to The Civil Wars. I was reading the little red house blog and she mentioned them and so far I've liked all her recommendations for music, and what do you know? They are awesome. And okay. I have a confession. The other day when I was making pumpkin bread...GAH! I caved. I listened to some Christmas music! Can you believe it?! My big plan to get more into halloween in order to ward off the Christmas cravings FAILED. But don't worry, I only listened to maybe 3 songs. And I'll try my best to hold off till Thanksgiving to listen to any more. They were so good though!
Well, that's pretty much it. This weekend I am getting 40 pounds of chicken. Remember when I got 20 a while ago? Well we went through that faster than I expected, so I decided to get the full 40 this time. So I will be cooking, bagging, labeling, and maybe canning? Wish me luck.