Thursday, October 18, 2012

5 happy things

Thanks for all the nice thoughts on my last post. I've kinda decided here on the blog I kinda just write whatever I'm feeling that day, and it usually passes! Whether that be good or bad. Today I'm excited for a number of reasons.

1. It's definitely fall here. It's crispy cold and it's raining leaves. It's nice. And I am trying to soak it all in before the snow hits, which is bound to happen here in a few weeks. 


2. As a lot of you know, I grew up playing the piano. Basically I'm not gonna lie, I was purty good back in the good old days. Then I stopped taking lessons and stopped practicing and anyway, I'm pretty rusty! One thing that is just the truth is I am TERRIFIED of playing in public, ESPECIALLY accompanying people when they sing. I have now accompanied the young women in public TWICE! Twice people! And guess what? I was less terrified the second time. So I have decided this: the more I do it the better I'll get and the less scared I'll be! So I'm pretty much going to jump at any chance to do this because I'm deciding life is about diving in, growing your talents, and of course serving, and a whole bunch of other stuff...but the point is, I am trying to grow this talent of mine back to where it once was, and even further than it was. I really do love to play the piano, and I LOVE my piano, cause it's beautiful and I made it that way. I mean, obviously the original creators made it beautiful, but then some idiot painted it poop brown, and then I made it beautiful again! All this being said, basically all I'm saying is I've been playing more lately and trying to overcome fears more and it's been great. 



3. I made pumpkin bread again this week and the truth is...Clay and I essentially ate two loaves in 3 days. We are okay with that. Cause A)It's delicious and B)It's got a boatload of almonds in it, which gives me permission to say its healthy for us! 

4. It's decided. I'm getting bangs. Shaggy long bangs. Cause the last time I got bangs the person cut "little girl bangs" (Clay's words). It was a horrid experience, so I'm gonna make sure they are extra long. I can always trim them you know? Besides, I dig that look. Hopefully they don't drive me too crazy! 



5. Good music. At this very moment I'm listening to The Civil Wars. I was reading the little red house blog and she mentioned them and so far I've liked all her recommendations for music, and what do you know? They are awesome. And okay. I have a confession. The other day when I was making pumpkin bread...GAH! I caved. I listened to some Christmas music! Can you believe it?! My big plan to get more into halloween in order to ward off the Christmas cravings FAILED. But don't worry, I only listened to maybe 3 songs. And I'll try my best to hold off till Thanksgiving to listen to any more. They were so good though! 


Well, that's pretty much it. This weekend I am getting 40 pounds of chicken. Remember when I got 20 a while ago? Well we went through that faster than I expected, so I decided to get the full 40 this time. So I will be cooking, bagging, labeling, and maybe canning? Wish me luck. 


8 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

40 pounds!!!! oh my gosh!!! danielle you are so gorgeous!!!! liek seriously gorgeous! great goals! christmas music! oh dear. civil wars- who are they? i'll have ot look them up. pretty pics. love you

Jenni said...

That is a crap load of chicken hahaha. You go girl! I cannot WAIT to see the bangs! GOOD CHOICE! I think you'll work it very well :) I'm so glad you are playing the piano again! I'm jealous of that talent so use it sister!

Love you!

Megan and Greg said...

Canned chicken??? Hmm . . . just joking. I don't know if i'll buy chicken ever again! I have just 2 or 3 little chicken strips hangin out in the freezer and i wonder if i will just toss them in a month or so. i probably haven't cooked meat in a month! I will have to check out civil wars. Please, always tell me when you discover new music. greg and i are always looking. your hair seriously looks amazing in that pic. so volumous. i've never seen it look better! the bangs. i was thinking about some myself, but they've finally grown out. as for the piano.i was so in your shoes and you have it right, just do it and before you know it, it becomes no big deal. good for you! The thing i worked on a lot was just sight reading and playing random music. i'm really good now and i used to suck. it's a good way to grow because i never master pieces or do scales, so it's something to work on.

Megan and Greg said...

Canned chicken??? Hmm . . . just joking. I don't know if i'll buy chicken ever again! I have just 2 or 3 little chicken strips hangin out in the freezer and i wonder if i will just toss them in a month or so. i probably haven't cooked meat in a month! I will have to check out civil wars. Please, always tell me when you discover new music. greg and i are always looking. your hair seriously looks amazing in that pic. so volumous. i've never seen it look better! the bangs. i was thinking about some myself, but they've finally grown out. as for the piano.i was so in your shoes and you have it right, just do it and before you know it, it becomes no big deal. good for you! The thing i worked on a lot was just sight reading and playing random music. i'm really good now and i used to suck. it's a good way to grow because i never master pieces or do scales, so it's something to work on.

Aliese the Writer said...

Fun post. That is so amazing that you have made the goal to jump at every piano playing opportunity. Mom has tried to get me to play in seminary, telling me that doing it everyday will work really well, but I am so terrified of it! I'm going to start with Family Night. Two loaves in three days! You think that's a lot?! We probably would have finished them in one day. Haha! :) Christmas music before Halloween?! In seminary we're studying the New Testament and because of the four gospels we study Christmas more than once (not all the gospels have Christmas) and every time our teacher says it's Christmas for the day and we sing a Christmas song. It drives me crazy. He says that the rule in his family is that you have to wait until October and then you can listen to Christmas music. Which also drives me crazy. :) But oh well. Love you!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

You hair is really beautiful and so are YOU! I am so happy you are playing the piano again, it is such a great talent to have and to make a joyful noise unto the Heavens. That is a lot of chicken, and good luck with it and I am so happy you are canning etc. Love you

Kristi M. said...

I love getting 40 lbs of chicken at a time at an awesome price. That means I don't have to buy it for a while. When I divide mine up in 2 breast packages, I like to make some plain, some with BBQ sauce in it and some with Italian dressing in there. It amazes me how much it marinates when it thaws out. You've got a project ahead of you!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Wow! 40lbs of chicken!!! Now I see why you canned some. Again, save those leaves put them somewhere and cover them with black plastic and you will be amazed at what they can do! You should call and talk to me about that. I really believe leaves were a huge reason I had such good soil in Springfield. My garden was way more productive than any of the people we knew. I am so happy you are going to accompany more! I think you will grow to love it. And yes your piano is beautiful!! :-) I love the kind of bangs you are going to get, but they drive me nuts. I had long bangs this last cut and it looks like I don't have bangs now because I either clip them back or spray them back. love you!!!!