Saturday, May 1, 2010

Yo yo yo!

Well, it's about time I write a lil somethin on the bloggy.

We have been up to all sorts of things lately! Let's start with....selling all our crap and getting new crap! We have somehow accumulated many loads of random things. Such as: washer, dryer, stove, dishwasher, microwave, entertainment center, and dog kennel. We decided to try and sell all of it for some extra moola. Weeeeeeeeell, we sold all of it except the dishwasher (which has a leak) and guess what?! No one even haggled us. It was great. So we did that, and decided it was time for a new computer monitor cause we have like OLDY ones. Clay had a brilliant idea to get a 32" tv for a computer monitor. I was skeptical at first, but eventually came around (somehow that always happens with his ideas. Very skeptical at first and somehow he convinces me...quite the salesman that one)..........so that's ordered and on it's way. We then decided, ya know what? It's time for a new computer desk too. So ME, being the awesome multi-talented young lady that I am, designed an entire computer desk/hutch for our computer. And you just wait till you see it. It'll be great. It should be done about Tuesday. Which just so happens to be the day our TV/Computer Monitor comes. So ever since like...Wednesday, Clay has been spending EVERY spare minute of his time working on that dang computer desk. It's annoying. But I'm grateful. He says I shouldn't complain if he wants to work hard 24-7. He's right. Cause it's not always like this. And I'd rather have a real hard working fella, then a lazy boy.

Now lets talk about me. My work is basically awesome and from the end of tax season till thanksgiving, I only have to work every third Friday. This basically makes me so happy. So yesterday Lori and I went and got a chair, went fabric shopping, went to a garage sale, and worked on her duvet cover (while I worked on my bedskirt). How great is that? When I normally would be working- I was doing fun stuff like that. Then today we began cutting the pieces out for the chair, sewing piping, sewing piping to pieces, stapling...painting...oh man. The process is ALWAYS longer than I expect. But it's been fun. And a learning experience. Once we're done with this we're going to try and sell it! We're pretty excited cause our hobby is kind of expensive...this just might justify it:)

I'm pretty exhausted. But we're going to go work on the chair some more tonight and then we're going to watch Sherlock Holmes. Pretty pumped about that.

We're in good health, have a great life, and basically have nothing to complain about. So...I'm happy. That's all for now!

7 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

It is totally the same with Greg. He tells me his idea and I immediately don't want to and then it ends up being the best idea ever. I didn't know you designed the desk. I can't wait to see it! I'm glad you have a friend to do things with. I need one. It used to be Amy, but now she's not here. I need a new friend. Thanks for listening to me whine today. I love you. I'm glad you're happy.

Amy said...

I am happy that things are going so well for you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

That is so funny about the monitor- I can TOTALLY see that whole conversation- I hope Mike doesn't read this post, or he will want to do it. I'm so excited to see the desk! You also have to post the chair, even though you're going to sell it, and let us know how much you get for it. That's great you were able to sell all that stuff. SO great you don't have to work as much. glad you're happy! love you!

Suzy1131 said...

That's so fun selling your old stuff! Things that seem worthless to you are always someone else's treasure. I sold a whole bunch of stuff on craigslist last month and made lots of moola too! Cute blog post, i love it.

katy said...

How cool you sold your things but not as cool as your new work schedule. Congrats.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

great blog! I can't believe how much you like doing chairs! that is so cool you have someone to sew with! that sounds like a nightmare to me!! I'm so glad you get most Fridays off! Clay is quite the salesman!! love and miss you!!

Rebecca said...

Awesome. You're going to sell your art. I love it. And you designed a desk. I love that more. Good for you Clay for being able to build it!!! I love a handy man. My new guy is handy...