Sunday, May 23, 2010

Randomness.......................


I made these little clutches for Patty's birthday a few weeks ago. I LOVE THEM! I have leftover fabric so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be making some for myself too. They are super easy and super fun to make! I got the tutorial from here.

They are awesome because they have pockets on the inside, a divider pocket, a zipper, and are basically way cute.

I decided on this one that I wanted to put a flower on it. Spice it up a bit. I made the flower with my surger and put it on a pin so she can put it anywhere she wants! .

Right now I am in the SLOW process of taking apart this chair.
Whoever put it together in the first place was a fool and used a staple gun that shot out two at a time, and stapled an inch apart. It's taking FOREVER to to take it apart and I'm so irritated. But I know it will be AWESOME once I'm done with it...so I am excited and still pluggin away at it.

I finished my bedskirt. You can't see it GREAT in the picture, but basically it just has a pleat on each side. I love it. It totally completes the bed. Now I just need to redo my jewelery board, and get some art up, oh- and paint my dressers. Along with the fifty million other projects I have going right now:)

So have any of you heard of bountiful baskets food co-op? We decided to do it this week and HOLY COW- worth it! You pay 15 bucks, and get a ginormo load of produce! We got strawberries, blackberries, lettuce, tomatoes, peaches, apples, oranges, avocados (like 5 of them), coconut, I think squash, and zucchini...not sure exactly...and I think that's it. But we got a TON of each, and they are all way quality and good. I am so PUMPED! http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/ see if it's in your area!

So it snowed yesterday and that was a big fat BUMMER. But it's sun shining again and all is well.

Tonight is the series finale of LOST and I can hardly stand it! In like...9 hours, hopefully I will know all the secrets of the island and be completely satisfied. Clay and I think they're gonna leave us hangin on some level though you know? Like leave it to the person to decide how they best like it. I dunno. I just hope Kate stays on the island with Jack because Jack deserves a love. And even though Kate is annoying most of the time, he loves her- so she should be with him. Even if SHE doesn't deserve HIM. ha, notice the first thing I comment on about this is romance. I'm such a girl.

I have been thinking- and I have TOTALLY seen the difference in my body lately with the no sweets thing. If I ever have anything that has more sugar in it- like whipped cream, or gum that has sugar in it- I get a stomach ache! Right away! When I DO eat really healthy, I totally feel like my body is ontop of the world. And it's cuz there's no sugar in my body to rob all those nutrients! It makes me happy. I am excited to eat a peanut butter swirl brownie though. There's already a plan. I will make peanut butter swirl brownies on June 30, and Lori and I will eat them on July 1st! These brownies taste better as they age. Not joking. Anyway- our six months will be up and we can finally eat some goodies. It'll be nice. I'm nervous I'm gonna get really sick though. I'll just have to limit myself. Which is really the entire point!

I made shredded BBQ Pork pizza the other night for us and our friends and BOY WAS IT DELICIOUS! I first had it at Lizzie's when we visited like 2 or 3 years ago. And I loved it! I finally go the recipe, and did it. It's way easy peasy too. I'll get a recipe up sometime. But ohhhhhhhh deary me...it was wondrous. I have a billion leftovers too so I think I'm gonna make pizza dough and put the shredded BBQ pork on with cheese and freeze them for lunches. YES!

Well....Clay wants to take a nap and claims he sleeps SO MUCH better when I'm there...we only got like 6 hours of sleep last night...which is a VERY small amount for us. We seriously are used to 8+ hours each night. We are still babies, I know. Anyway........I best be off.

16 comments:

Mindy said...

I totally wanted to do the bountiful basket thing but they don't do it in Boise. I sent them an e-mail saying to do it here but I haven't heard back. Oh-well. I saw those clutches on a tutorial a while back. The fabric you chose is SUPER cute!

Jenni said...

my goodness those clutches are absolutely adorable! way to go! I haven't ever seen lost. But after today, when it's all over, Michael and I are going to rent the DVD's and start from the beginning so that we don't have to wait week to week to see episodes!

I hope it is all you dreamed and that all your questions were answered :)

Brittany Flint said...

SO ever since you showed me that MADE website i have made like everything on it. I can think of like at least 5 projects i have done from there. I love it! and i loved those clutches ruffles and ruffle like stuff is very attracting to me right now. you are such a good little sewer! we need to see you guys sometime maybe a camping trip or at least a hot diggity dog roast!!

katy said...

you seriously make the cutest things and your page is so cute.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I love the little clutches. So cute! and you are so talented to make them. The pizza sounds great, wish I had some. I miss seeing you and love you. I am glad you are doing so well and are happy. Oh and Danielle they are are like that, they sleep better when you are there, and grandpa is almost 78. Love you

Kayleen said...

you are so crafty! I just dream of doing the kind of projects you take on and it doesn't even take you that long to do them! You inspire me!

Lori Killian said...

A friend of mine does the basket things and has been telling me to do it for months and I always forget and every sunday she brags about all the good stuff she got. Maybe I will remember this week....

The Congers said...

Brit and I were just looking at your blog and agreeing that you do the cutest things! I was telling Brit to describe your house to me because I bet everything you decorate looks as good as your bed room. And I love the purse idea I think I am going to make some now while I still have a semi-stationary child and stockpile them for gifts. And by the way thanks for comment on my blog all the time it is nice to know that someone is checking it, haha. And good for you about the sweets thing. I still eat sugar but we do try to eat healthy, lots of fresh fruits and veggies and I love pasta so my new goal is to even make fresh pasta from now on. And we love bountiful baskets too! I have only got it twice now but it is such a great deal.

Megan and Greg said...

It's SOOOO good to hear that someone else needs 8 hours of sleep too. I prefer 8-9. If I get less than 8 I am a GROUCHY PERSON!!!! Lately it seems nobody else needs sleep. I'm going to watch LOST online today, hopefully I'm satisfied, though I have a strong feel I won't be. But what can ya do? I've been so frustrated this season! You never cease to amaze me with your crafty/stylin' sewin' skills! I love it! The produce thing. That is cool. I have known people that have done that but they told me they'll get a box full of beets. Or mostly beets. Ya know? That they don't always get a variety. But maybe you got a good box 'cause it's summer and a lot of good stuff is in season. Or maybe yours is just better over there. I would LOVE that. And sound way cheaper too. Here they had to sign up for a year- but heck- if I could just do it for the summer, that would be awesome. I'll have to look into it. I'm SO GLAD you can finally feel a difference with your body! I knew you just couldn't tell before and I was so annoyed! I wanted you to tell! I forgot you were ever going to eat treats again! For some reason I thought it was forever. I'm curious to see how it goes . . . adding sweets back into your life. Love you!

Kristi M. said...

Your clutches are so cute! You have a good eye for what fabrics go together well. I was just reading another person talk about their bountiful basket and have heard of it before. Sounds like a bunch of yummy stuff that you got.

Penny Cluff said...

Danielle, your clutches are so awesome. I haven't been on your blog or anyone elses for a long time. Your blog is great. Easy to read and you are so cute.
Love.

The Congers said...

Hey one other thing we are going to have a winnie roast this Saturday with the Flints at a park behind the Nature Park here in Rexburg if you guys want to or can come let me know and I'll give you more info.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

great blog!!! I love all your stuff, the clutches were so cute! Your bedroom is beautiful!I can't wait to talk to you about lost!!!! Call me when you get the chance. Your basket thing sounds amazing! I am so happy for you. I love and miss you!!!

Rebecca said...

Des has been after me for months to do the bountiful baskets thing. I really need to sign up when I get back. I'm so proud of you with the whole treats thing. A huge accomplishment that only a fellow Arnold can appreciate. I (because of your inspiration and urgent need)gave up treats last Friday. Today is my 6th day. So far, so good. It's so much easier than applying moderation. Megan made cookies, and banana bread when I was at her house. I didn't have any, and I know if I had, two cookies wouldn't have been enough. It would've been more like, let's eat until I'm sick! So embarrassing. I'm really excited though. Especially after this blog, because I know, several months ago, you were having a hard time feeling the difference. I'm so glad you feel the difference now. That's what I need, to feel a big difference, more energy, better clarity of thought, less weight to carry around!!!

Your bags, bedskirt, all totally beautiful. Your motivated way of life motivates me! I would really love to sew a project while I'm here with Mom. Love you so much.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Danielle, you are so incredible! And when do you do all this i'd like to know? I love your bedroom! My bedroom- used to be cute, and now- it's half and half- I need to do a bed skirt though-becaues our bed is high too, on stilts, so- I need to make one that is extra long. I love your bedroom- so cool. LOST- we need to talk about lost!- love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

oh yeah and the clutches! oh my gosh- i love them!! so cute! and they look handy- no pun intended! ha