Friday, January 4, 2008

YES! NEW SHOES!

Okay, I am obsessed with shoes. There are just too many amazing pairs! I HAVE been needing new black shoes for work. I guess maybe not needed, I have some black shoes but I really really WANTED new ones. I am sick of the other ones. SO. I went to Payless and saw these shoes for 14.99. The picture doesn't do them justice. They really are just so cute. The weird thing is, I always wear 8-8 1/2. Guess what size these shoes are that fit me? SIZE 7! Is that crazy? I don't get it. They definitely scrunch my toes a bit, but ever size above that make my foot fall out everytime I walk. Doesn't that mean it's too big? Besides, most heels scrunch up your toes...right? Anyway, here are my PAYLESS shoes:

I love 'em! Clay loves them too. Okay, so I go to walmart to see if there are any better black shoes- WELL, to what do my wandering eyes do appear but a perfect black shoe at 14.94.



WOW. Okay, I put these shoes on and I feel so stylish. I also feel like I should be swing dancing! All in all I LOVE THESE SHOES! I ask Clay- which one should I get? He loves them both, I LOVE them both, WHAT DO WE DO?!?!!?! I say that I'll get them both and take one back in the morning. Well, I can't do it. I must have them both. Is that crazy? It basically means I just can't buy anything fun next month...teehehehe. I barely ever do this kind of thing, but I really just couldn't give up this opportunity. There wasn't ONE other pair of these shoes at walmart- we looked! And the payless shoes were running low. Basically, it was now or never.

So exciting.

Okay, so I started this book called "Tending Roses" by Lisa Wingate. Well anyway, I am barely into it, but the first paragraph was just lovely in my opinion, I HAD to share.

"Indian wisdom says our lives are rivers. We are born somewhere small and quiet and we move toward a place we cannot see, but only imagine. Along our journey, people and events flow into us, and we are created of everywhere and everyone we have passed. Each event, each person, changes us in some way. Even in times of drought we are still moving and growing, but it is during seasons of rain that we expand the most- when water flows from all directions, sweeping at terrifying speed, chasing against rocks, spilling over boundaries. These are painful times, but they enable us to carry burdens we could never have though possible."

I just thought that was nice. I always need to be reminded of that. It's the STRUGGLES that create us and make us grow into strong people. If we didn't have trials and struggles, we would be weak. Right? Yes.

Well, that's it. Talk to you later.

4 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Your pictures are SO CUTE! I can't BELIEVE how pretty, skinny, young, and hip you look. I mean,it's believable, you've always been this way. But WOW!!! KNOCKOUT!!!! I LOVE YOUR CLOTHES!!!! That green thing with the turtleneck? Love! And the bowling outfit. You just look so cool. I'm a bit envious. I'm glad you had fun. My first christmas away from home was honestly hell. I'm so glad yours wasn't. Oh yeah and that dress. You look GOOD!!!! So fresh and hip. And the shoes are good too. Great for cute business shoes. That would be good for Lizzie if you lived in CA. Sounds like it'd be good for you two too. I've been buying clothes up the wazoo these days, which is usually very unlike me. But it is true- sometimes it is NOW or Never. So better to be now instead of NEVER. I love your quilt. All these quilts. These are so much better than what I normally think of for quilts. I really want to make one but we're going to Europe in 9 months and it'd just be one more thing to stash away. I LOVE YOU!!! Thanks for blogging! You guys are so cute. You've been married for a long time now. I like it.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I love both pairs of shoes! and I love the Indian thing. If you love the book I will have to read it! I think it is so cool you are reading!
love you!

Patty said...

I loved the book Tending Roses. there are so many wonderful sayings in the book. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did. I had borrowed the book and then had to have my own copy after reading it because I wanted to be able to go back again and again,which you now have. enjoy.

Rebecca said...

I love it when people quote out of books (you need to read my blog, hehe). But seriously, I always love a good quote from a book. The shoes are adorable. Love you.