Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Cold

Have you ever woken up and gone to look out the window to see if it snowed but instead, find a thick sheet of ice on the INSIDE of your window????!!! Well friends, that is what happens when it is NEGATIVE 25 DEGREES IN REXBURG! Yikes. And to think I considered wearing a dress today. I don't think so. I wore long jons, pants, two tank tops, a long sleeve shirt, and a vest. Many layers did the trick. (of course with my coat and gloves). It was so cold that every school but Shelly was closed in the area! All except the colleges that is. Work of course, was still open and running:)

Work is getting better each day I think. I still hate working, as do we all. I dread waking up every morning just because I'd rather be sleeping. It doesn't help that Clay looks so peaceful in his sleep as I leave to work every morning. I think it will be better once it gets lighter outside in the morning. I really feel like I am learning a lot and will keep learning a lot. It is already getting better as far as me understanding things. I definitely still ask TONS of questions though. I feel comfortable though and it's all good. The other intern started yesterday and she is in her late 30's I'd guess, 4 kids, and is way cool. She is really nice, has about the same knowledge as me as far as taxes go and we all get along very well.

Clay decided to apply at this place down the street (walking distance, even for him!) called Progrexion (sounds like progression). Anyway, we've heard great things about it, he was sick of his old job and he got the job! Guess what? he put in his two weeks notice today, and then found out a few hours later that the store he was working at is going to close on thursday. HA. We knew that it'd be closing soon, but I think Heavenly Father just might be looking out for us. Clay starts his new job on MONDAY. Meaning...Clay will be out of work for...one day? Yep. He had been thinking about applying there for a while and just decided to last week. Look what happens. Well anyway, the manager who interviewed him was way impressed with his resume and told him he got the job right away and then talked to him for 10 minutes about his other business of summer sales that he basically begged Clay to join. Clay tried telling him his joints are bad and that summer sales (door to door stuff) probably wouldn't be the best for him, but this guy just wouldn't have it. Anyway, we are pretty excited for this new change and think it will be great! The hours are way flexible too.

We saw "August Rush" tonight. It was pretty good. A little odd but way good too. I don't know. I keep going back and forth with it. I think, yeah I liked it a lot. Then I'm like, well....I don't know. I didn't LOVE it though. It was very enjoyable and entertaining, I'll say that much.

Tomorrow is wednesday. Halfway through the week. I am excited for friday. Even more saturday morning when I'll be able to sleep peacefully!

Oh yes. Sunday evening we went to the Leslie's. It was so nice. Every time we get together I think to myself, 'Why don't we do this more often?'. We had roast, mashed potatoes, rolls, and some DELICIOUS cookies that I, myself made called, "Chocolate Peanut Butter Surprise". If you want to try them, look online at marthastewart.com. Oh they are wonderful. Anyway, we chatted and just had a great time. We also looked at some old pictures rebecca had in an album. They were all so cute and funny.

K. I should get ready for bed. By the way, the time on my posts is wrong. It is saying I post an hour earlier than I do. I don't really care, but I just though I'd tell you all because Amy has commented a few times on how early I get up each morning. Just know that it is really an hour later than it says!

Oh yeah, one more thing. One of my best friends from high school, Cara, got married! I am so happy for her. She has started a blog and I am just so happy that she is happy and married to a man that she loves.

I love you all, have a wonderful day!

11 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Wow Cara is married! That's cool. You're so lucky you have Rebecca and Darin, especially her cooking. MMmm. Those cookies sound good, I'll have to try them. I'm sorry you have to do this intern, I feel like you'll know more than other students though when you go back to school from all the experience. That will be nice! That is so cool about Clay and his job, man, Heavenly Father totally was looking out for you, talk about inspiration and following the spirit. Clay sounds like a great interviewer. That's so nice. I can't beieve there was ice inside your apartment on your window- that is crazy! So is it cold in your apartment? I love you, I was thinking about you today, I wish I had mroe time to just chat on the phone. Some day... I love you.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

loved the blog! I love that we get to know what everyone is doing!! Wow that is so cool about Clay's job. Heavenly Father is looking out for you two, plus Clay has worked hard so it's not hard for Heavenly Father to bless him.
I don't envy your cold weather, we had ice in our puddles today and that is as cold as I want to deal with!! I am so glad work is getting better and that you get a long with your new intern co-workers. That makes it so much easier. Glad Rebecca is there! I love you and miss you!

Emily said...

Danielle, I am so sorry that there was ice on the INSIDE of your windows...that is just unacceptable.

So cool about Clay's job...great timing! And I'm glad you are liking your job better too, that is so great!

Susan, Blain & kids said...

Hey guys,
I am glad to hear that everything is going better at work for you, and I came across a quote the other day and I thought of you
"I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence but it comes from within;it is there all the time."
So when your down and think you can't do it remember that it is in you and you are a smart and great daughter of god. Tell Clayton congrats on is new job.
Love you guys,
Aunt Susan

Danielle said...

This is Clay, I just thought I would add that I guess it was -34 in the early hours of the morning and that is the coldest it's been here this decade (8yrs)

Grandma, Nonnie said...

It is cold here and I don't think I want it any colder. I hope your window is okay and that you are staying warm. Love the post and I love you and am glad that Rebecca is there. Sounds like you are joining th great cook society. Yum!!! Grandma

Patty said...

It has been so called I can hardly stand to step outside. I am so glad that your cars have been starting for you. I am also very glad that Clayton was able to find a job before the other store closed down. Have a great day and I will see you tomorrow at lunch. I asked Clayton if you guys wanted to come to dinner tomorrow and I could go up to Rexburg and pick him up and bring him back in the afternoon. let me know if that will be okay with you. I want to make grilled burgers and homemade fries.

Cara_Cude said...

Hey Danielle yeah i understand i have been so busy also. Yeah it sucks about the house. The guy really wants us to do this since my moms fiance works for him and all so he is really trying to work things out. We can definitely afford it 350 a month and it be ours you know. We need a house with a yard because Franco has a lab puppy and i have a very tiny inside dog. In Arkansas it is not the same as in Oregon they mostly allow you to have pets as long as they can check up on you of course. But yeah i think Franco and i just need to pray and think hard since it is so huge. Well girl i love you and i hope all is well.

Megan and Greg said...

Way to go Clay! Be careful! Say NO! to that guy about making you go door to door. Just NEVER say yes, or he'll ask you again and again. Just make it a DEFINITE NO. Otherwise, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! It's nice to have changes. Ice inside your house? What!?! Neg. 25 degrees?!? How do Idahoans SURVIVE!!!! Wouldn't you DIE in that kind of weather. I didn't know it even existed! Right now it's 16 degrees and everyone is complaining like crazy. I've surprisingly been bearing it well. I even walked to work today. But negative 25? I think my brain would freeze and I'd drop dead instantly! Be safe!

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

when i stepped out of the house at 7:30 to WALK to class on ICE in -25 degree weather... let's just say i've never wanted to SCREAM curse words so bad!!!! i was fearing that my appendages were falling off the whole way and that i definately had frost bite. girlfriend- i totally know how you feel... today is like paradise! 21 degrees... whoooo hoooo!!!!!anyway,k i'm really glad that you're feeling good about your job. You're so great at what you do, and dang smart too!

love you!

Rebecca said...

Oh Danielle, I love you and had such a great time with you too. I'm always worried that it wasn't worth the drive for you. I would love to do it more often. I am happy for Clay and his new job. What is it exactly? I've never heard of that business. Love you.