Friday, January 11, 2008

La de da!

Well today is the last friday I'll have off until after...April 15th! Right now I am feeling VERY okay with that. After reading book after book and not having a job, school, baby, or really much of anything to keep me busy...I am SO ready to be busy! I start my internship on monday, and I have decided I am WAY excited. I think Heavenly Father has blessed me with comfort. You know how I was freaking out major? Well I decided to fast for comfort and faith, and I've been reading some ensign articles that have definitely strengthened me and I definitely KNOW that as long as I'm praying and reading my scriptures, the internship will go great! I am so excited. I can't quite decide what to wear the first day. I think I will go plain. White button up and black pants. I just want to see what everyone else is wearing. That is a safe outfit. I don't want to overdress or underdress, you know? I think that since I will be commuting 30 minutes there and back everyday I will start checking out books on tape/cd. I am really excited about that too!

Well, today when I took Clay his lunch he said, "Don't cook dinner tonight". I smile and say, "Why?" He said, "I'm taking you out tonight." Can I tell you that I am SO EXCITED! He wont tell me where we are going or what we are doing but he said don't get too excited (of course) so that I'm not let down. I'd be happy just going to taco bell. This is just fun because it totally reminded me of dating days. Clay used to ALWAYS call and be like, "I'll be there in 10 minutes, be ready to go". I'd have no idea what we're doing but he always took charge and was just a lovely gentleman! That was however, when we were dating and all of his money was disposable. Now that we don't exactly have TONS of money, he can't just surprise me with random dates all the time. We barely ever go out. We spend TONS of time together watching movies and stuff at home, but we barely ever go out. So when we do, I love it.

Okay. I think there is something seriously wrong with me. Or my nose. Or both. You have heard me complain about smelling onions. Well guess what, there are no onions in my apartment whatsoever and there haven't been for a while and I still smell onions randomly! UGH. I am so sick of it. I know there are worse things in life than smelling onions all the time when they aren't really there, but I just don't get it. Clay never smells them! What's wrong with me?!?!!!

I am currently listening to Michael Jackson. I was thinking as I was dancing around my apartment and enjoying myself very much how sad it is that all these talented performers turned out to be nut jobs. I really wish that people could be so successful without ruining their lives.

I have decided I really enjoy my George Forman Grill. Someone gave us one for our wedding, it is just a little one. I've been using it the past few weeks for random stuff. It's great! It is so easy and works great. Do you any of you use one? I haven't really heard any of my family using one.

We just finished watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I LOVE THOSE MOVIES! If you guys haven't seen the extended versions, you should. I think they are better, so does Clay. Seriously, those movies were well made. Not to mention the books of course were amazingly written. I haven't read them. I tried to read them once in my life and got a quarter of the way through the fellowship of the ring and stopped. It's not the easiest thing to read in my opinion.

So I recently purchased a "10 minutes solution" dvd. It's a workout dvd that has 10 minute workouts. Well, it's not just workout, it is a FAT BLASTING dance mix! I've done it twice so far. Today I did it, and I loved it! You may be thinking "10 minutes? Like that does anything" well let me tell you by the end of those 10 minutes, I am DYING. She works you good. I figure after I'm in better shape I will probably work up to 2 at a time, making it 20 minutes. I loved the second one I did so much that I've already been doing it by myself to music that I'm listening to...but then I start breathing really hard and figure I better stop before I get all sweaty. I highly recommend it! She goes pretty fast though...it took me a bit to figure out the moves and someone who isn't very into dancing would probably have a hard time with it.

Lastly, I am getting a Dance Dance Revolution for my birthday! YAY! I am getting it for the Wii so it will probably be a little different than Megan's. I am way excited though. Clay found an amazing deal online and we decided to snatch it up and it'd be my birthday present! I am way excited. I will dance my way towards a fit hott bod with this workout dvd and dance game! (we'll see...)

I think that's it. I wrote a lot. Sorry. By the way, Happy Birthday Lizzie! I already called her, but I just figured it'd be weird for me to not say Happy Birthday on my post if it is her birthday. You know? Love you all!

11 comments:

Emily said...

I don't think you can go wrong with your white and black outfit. Which leads me to my next comment...Michael Jackson. Such a sad tale, because his music is the bomb, especially his old stuff. Your work out video and dance dance revolution sound so rad and fun!

Have a great first day at the office next week!

Susan, Blain & kids said...

I think that your outfit will be great to. We use the george forman all the time and we love love it. Anyway gotta go Blain is leaving to go trucking.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

love, love, loved the blog! That is so cool that you found a workout tape you like. And according to things I have read, 10 min is really good. So if you did one 10 min in the morning and one after work you would be really doing good. You don't even have to do them back to back. cool huh? I am excited you get the dance dance revolution, Meg loves hers.
I think the black and white is a good idea. Unless they really play down the dress there, I would where whatever is fun, even if it is dressy.
Speaking of Lord of the rings, I was thinking about watching those for my morning elliptical workouts.
Have you considered that maybe someone in your building uses onions a lot. Your building is old and I doubt that it is air tight. We had neighbors in an old house that lived upstairs, and we could always smell there cooking, they were Asian and cooked all kinds of spicy, exotic smells. My family can smell anything a mile away, maybe you take after me!
I can't wait to hear where Clay is taking you, how cool he is surprising you!!!
I am so glad you fasted about your job. You are so amazing!!! I love you!!! About the skirt, look on the pattern and see what the real measurements are, they have them printed usually on the front piece at the hip and waist. Then look on the back of the pattern envelope and see what the measurements are supposed to be, that will tell you how much ease (bagginess) they allowed and to give it the look in the pic. You may or may not need to add to it. Also, check one of your skirts that fits like you like a skirt to fit and measure it. I would rely on those measurements. If you add on, add at the sides. I am so excited to see it done. Rebecca said I should sew more, I think I will take her suggestion!!! I love you!

Patty said...

I think your idea for the 1st day outfit will work out great. Each office is really different in their dress code. How fun for you to have a surprise date with your husband. I am excited for you to get your dance game to go with the Wii, since you are the dancing queen it should be lots of fun. I am interested in the workout video that you are trying. makayla really likes to dance also and it might be a fun thing that we could do together. Let me know. We use our George forman grill to cook meats because the fat drains off and it is an easy and healthy way to grill for me. I also love the Lord of the rings trilogy movies especially the extended version. They are really amazing to watch. Have a great day and we will see you later. bye now.

Patty said...

p.s. I just wanted to say how happy I am that Clayton has a wife who turns to the Lord for help and is so good about reading her scriptures and doing the things that the church has taught us to do to stay on the right path. I know that it will help you through the tough times to have such a testimony of the the gospel. Love you. bye now.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Your mother in law is so sweet, you are so blessed to have her. I think it's funny that she always says "bye now" does she say that in real life too? OK- I know we talked on the phone, but there were a few things mentioned that we didn't talk about- dance dance revolution- you silly girl why didn't you say this on teh phone! And this dance workout video! I think I have seen previews of this dance video on tv for sale, it is like incredibly upbeat- fast, and she's blonde and freaking toned. That is so funny, I have been curious about those videos. Tell me if you keep it up for a long time. Well, I'm really glad you fasted and prayed about your intern. We don't have a george forman but my roomates always had one, and I used it then, they were really nice and useful because they do both sides at the same time! I would always burn my fingers though because I would grab the handle underneath where the metal is- uhhhhh. I LOVE the Lord of the Rings, and I also think the extended is better. Mike has read all the books AND the Hobbit (which by the way is the first book, and they are going to make a movie of it!!!! By the same people who did Lord of the Rings!!!! I'm so excited!) anyway- he has read all of them like a million times, and I don't understand how he does it because I think they are so hard to read, I read one page and tossed the book- ha. Mike tried reading teh Hobbit to me before we went to bed- but I would end up day dreaming or falling asleep. Well, you need to tell us all where you went for din din, I was thinking about you last night wondering.... I love you!

Lizzie said...

You and Clay are so humble and righteous. I am NOT saying that because you brag in your blog or anything like that, I am saying that because I can just tell how humble you are and you go to the Lord for everything. Shad and I used to be like that. I wish we still were. You are both such good examples.

Dance Dance Revolution....I suck at that game. I really do. I am very off on the beats. I only did it once though. That workout dvd sounds awesome.

Onions?? I totally laughed when I read that Clay can't ever smell them. = )

Shad and I used the George Foreman ALL the time when we were first married. I loved it. It's so fast and easy to cook chicken on.

Where did you go to dinner? Sounds fun. I love you and good luck on Monday!

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

the thought of you dancing around to Michael Jackson just makes me SO happy and brings back some good memories!!! danielle, you are going to be WONDERFULLLL at your job. and clay is such a good husband, taking you on cute dates, howd it go? i LOVED seeing you the other day, can we do that more often!!!? And i know you're going to look DANG good at your job and i can't wait to hear about it!
love you!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Hey, Good luck on Monday and I think black and white are really great. You always look nice and you are truly beautiful on the outside and the inside. What a wonderful blessing to be able to have your prayers answered and to feel the confidence at last. It is sometimes a struggle to feel good about being and doing the right thing and you two just seem to be the best couple when faced with a struggle you just get down and pray and the Lord gives you the support you need. I am so happy for you that you found Clay and you both are so happy. It is wonderful to have such a good rapport so early in a marriage. May the Lord continue to bless you with all of your hopes, dreams, and responsiblities. I hope you find some really good books to listen to. Try to get some on Rebecca's list. I read the Hobbit I think when I was younger. Ed Jr read the Fellowship of the Ring. I think boys just are able to read those books better than us, I wonder why that is? I really have no thoughts on it. I love you Grandma PS I think those dance videos are really something, and believe me at tops we have about 3 to 5 minutes of that with an 80 year old and I have a hard time keeping up and I am not ALONE!!!! It is not a cake walk, and I think it would be great if you can do it and your mom's right you can do morning and evening. Doesn't have to be back to back. The more you do the better you'll get. Love again grandma

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Hey danyelli, I just wanted to say that I hope your first day on the intern went awesome! And I want to hear all about it. And- I'm sure you were great today. I love you so much and I'm so proud of you for seeking out an intern and having the courage to do all that you do. You are so brave. You are my little Rory. I love you!

Lizzie said...

Mom told me about your first day of work. I promise it will get better. It's always like that at new jobs...so confusing at first. I'm sorry it's hard. Aren't you glad Clay is the bread-winner and not you. I love you and I know they will love you at your job. EVERYONE loves you Danielle. I love you. Hope it gets better.