Sunday, November 11, 2007

Just a quick update!

Alright- there are just a few items of news! I don't have time to upload pictures so I am going to just update, and do pictures later.
1. Our manager came over today and told us that he got it approved for us to paint! (as long as they are neutral colors like browns/tans...that is what i'd do anyway!) We are going to pick up paint tomorrow for an FHE activity:) We are WAY excited! Our apartment will look like gold.
2. Our owner of the building FINALLY came and fixed our tub! We have cheap new handles now, and yes...like I said, they are cheap, but now we don't have to store our tools in our shower to turn on the cold water. We feel so spoiled to be able to use handles for our shower. (ha..ha..) Oh yeah, and he fixed our sink in our bathroom that was constantly dripping. That's nice, except it is harder to turn the knob now...oh well.
3. Our hallway is really gross. We finally complained to the managers over and over again. Showed them the HUGE cracked floor in the center that we covered with a rug, and all the paint splotches and basic grossness of it, and they finally brought by flooring! The silly thing is, they aren't installing it for us. Basically I think they would if we wanted to wait until summer, but we don't want to and so Clay's AMAZING parents are coming to put the flooring in for us in our hallway! It is called "Pergo". It is that fake hardwood floor. It looks awesome! We are SO EXCITED.
4. One of our fish died. Our little sucker fish. The one that always hid in the rocks. It was sad. Then, the other day we took back King Triton. He was trying to eat all our fish so....we decided he didn't belong with us. In place of him, we got two "Tiger Barbs". They are WAY cool. One of them is kind of a bully though. We have come to realize that it is just natural for there to be bullying with fish. We just have to deal with it. But they are WAY cool- I will post a video tomorrow.
5. I just looked over at the TV THIS SECOND- and Clay was on his x-box and he was downloading a 'demo' on his xbox last night. ANYway- demos are just little like excerpts from games that you can try out for free to see if you want to get it. SO- he downloaded Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix demo for us to play! hhaha, he is so sweet. I know he probably did it just for me.
That's it! I love you all and will update you all with pictures within the next few days!!!!
PS- I took my tax test on friday and did GREAT! I know it's because I have been reading my scriptures. Seriously, I KNOW that. And I studied SO HARD before I took it. I am sooooo happy.

8 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I know i already knew all this- but awesome! AND- I downloaded pictures- so shall I email them or just post them so you won't have to download them? I love you!

Emily said...

Way to go on your test! And, that is so sweet that you get to fix up your apartment and paint all nice! The best part is that your rent won't go up, but for the next people who want to live there I'm sure it will...with a new floor and a snazzy new paint job!

Susan, Blain & kids said...

It is always nice to be able to fix up where you live. Hope the floor goes in well, with Paul and Patty doing it, I am sure it will. Sorry about the fish dying. Anyway hope you have a good week and it was nice to see you for 2 minutes this weekend, maybe we will see you a little longer over Thanksgiving.
Love you guys,
Aunt Susan

*Stephanie Lance* said...

DANI!!#1 How exciting that you get to make your appt. all cute and stuff! thats the BEST! i can't wait to get married and have a place to decorate all cute like! ok and #2 I was SOOOOOOO HAPPY to see you at the shoe store the other day!!!!! I was seriously So excited! i can't believe that we have lived in the same town for almost 3 months and just ran into eachother the other day! we NEEEED to hang out soon for sure!!!! I know that our schedules are all sorts of CRAZY but we should make time because i miss you SO much!!! i love love love you!!!!

p.s. GREAT job on your test! i know how it feels to have accomplished something that seemed like a mountain to get over!!! I'm so proud of you!!!

Lizzie said...

I KNOW you did good on your test because of your scripture study too. I have such a testimony of that. I have vivid memories of the same thing happening to me in college. If only I would remember that NOW, and study my scriptures more, I'm sure I'd be a better Mom.

I'm excited for your floors and walls. Your apt will be so cute.

Clay is so nice to download a clip from HP.

Too bad about King Triton. I didn't realize you could return fish until your recent posts.

Chad and Jessica said...

OOoooh, painting is always fun, but choosing the colors is always tough. I am sorry to say, but your apartment managers sound terrible, and lazy. I say that cuz that's is what I'm doing right now, and keeping up with maintenance is a top priority for me....I'm glad you eventually got those things taken care of though, and they are lucky to have you as residents. : ) I"m sorry your fish died...did you flush him? I hate flushing fish.
A harry potter demo? How cool of Clay to do that : ) I just finished all the books.....holy moses, AMAZING! I'm glad you have a break from school coming up...hurrah

Megan and Greg said...

I can't believe you had a fish die already! So sad! I'm sad there are bullies too! I wonder if it's just always the biggest fish? Neat about the appt makeover stuff. Alway nice! People are always telling us to paint our walls. I don't even know if we can. but I'm lazy, that sounds like a pain.I'm glad you did well on your test. Love you!

Josh and Lauren said...

Girl I think it's so fantastic that you're gettin your apartment all done and stuff! it makes me jealous! Sorry about your fishy! :)and good job on your test!!!!