Thursday, November 15, 2007

Fish, Floor, Bathtub, LOTS of stuff

WELL- I should be studying, but the fact of the matter is...I really don't want to. Sometimes, I just know that I wont be able to concentrate, so I decide not to study. Don't worry, I will once I'm done.
So I'm sorry if you are all sick of hearing about our fish. It is really just the most exciting thing of our lives right now. I promise, this is probably our last video. Here are our 2 new fish- this was RIGHT when we got them. You heard the story...right? These are the ones we traded in for King Triton. We've had them for a week probably by now. Well anyway. I watched the video and realized I sounded like a total dork. Oh well...



So when Patty and Paul came to do our floor, they brought a couple presents for us! This is our tank currently. Patty brought Clay 3 more plants and an awesome cave/rock thing in the right corner that the fish LOVE. It makes our tank look sooooo much cooler.


Just a sidenote...I can hear a marching band playing "In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight" I can also hear screaming. I can also see the campus football stadium lights on! How cool. I wonder what's going on. I wish that BYU-Idaho played competitive college football. I would love it! I'm not a huge football fan or anything, I would just love to be one of those people that LOVES to represent their team. I don't know. Anyway, I've heard the inermeural (I don't know how to spell that) football games are very exciting. Never been to one though.

Okay- here is our floor!

Before:

Here was our huge gap in the middle. This actually looks better. You know how it looks like it's been peiced together? Well, we only did that right before the new floor was put down. Before that day, the entire thing was just cracked and gone.


Here's just an up-close look at some paint sploches ALL over the floor. Lovely eh?


WELL- after the WONDERFUL Paul and Patty Phillipp put this floor in, WHALA! Look what we have! Clay and I love to just walk up and down it. We love it so much. It has DEFINITELY Improved our place.

We have decided thus far, that we aren't going to paint. The idea sounds wonderful and all, BUT- opportunity cost...eh...well the thing is, we aren't sure we want to spend the money, put in the time, put in the EFFORT, to have an apartment that looks nice. We are already pleased with our place, so...........so far we've decided to just be happy. We HAVE however, decided to rearrange our living room. It will look great.

Well.............lets see. Not much more going on in Danielle and Clayton world. School...tests...cold weather (no snow still...it's weird to me)....macaroni and cheese (I think I hit my max of that meal tonight)...we are pretty much just WAY excited for tomorrow to be done so we can have a WHOLE week of no school. We already planned a movie to watch on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Friday- Oceans Thirteen; Saturday- Star Wars Episode 3; Sunday- The Dance (it is an LDS made film that Patty lent us); Monday- The Outlaw (another LDS film Patty lent us) OH YES- I decided I can't wait any longer. Saturday, we are going to Idaho Falls...Temple/Laundry at Clay's parents house- AND I am planning on bringing back our Christmas Decorations that we store at their house and decorating my apt! I'm sooo excited. I do kind of want to do it so that mom can see all my decor in person, and I am just soooo excited for christmas time. Well, that's it. I love you all!

8 comments:

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Danielle, I love the fish, and the new things look awesome. I so enjoy reading about what's happening with you guys. I have been busy getting ready for thanksgiving as Alan and family are coming, and Ed and all will be here for Thurs. evening. hey are staying at the hotel in Creswell. I love your new floor,I think it is what Grandpa put in my kitchen and down the hallway, it is wonderful and it cleans so easily. I think it is a good idea not to paint now with all of the schoolwork and Christmas coming. We love you so much and keep telling us about the fish,I love them. Wishing you happy Thanksgiving and good Christmas decorating. HUGS and KISSES gramma

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

loved the video, you didn't sound like a dork! Your floor is so beautiful,that was so nice of Paul and Patty. I like your new aquarium stuff. I'm happy you get to watch videos!!! I am excited to see your Christmas decor. I love you!!!! I'm excited to see you and Clay!

Susan, Blain & kids said...

Hey Guys,
Loved the fish video. I am glad that you guys are enjoying your fish. Love the floor too, I want to put it in my living room, to cut down on the vacumming 20 times a day. Anyway we will see you guys on Thanksgiving or sometime that weekend I'm sure. Have fun decorating. Christmas is my favorite time of year and I love the whole feeling of it. Just wish it lasted a little longer sometimes.
Love you guys,
Aunt Susan

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

i love the fish updates, and i seriously can't get enough of their names haha! i hope the new fish get killer names too. HOLY MOLY- your floor is BEAUTIFUL! Clay's parents are the BOMB for doing that!! So.. you say your mom is going to see your decorations in person? is she coming to visit?!?!?! that's VERY excited!!!

I totally know how you feel... focuesin= NOT POSSIBLE when we are SO close to thanksgiving break!!! Ive already giving up, i claim that I"m already on break. I hope you have a fabulous one!!!!

and i'm definately going to want to come over and see those christmas decorations, and the fish tank!!!!

I LOVE YOU DANIELLE!

Chad and Jessica said...

I loved the fish video....your new fish are so fascinating. They swim SO fast and it's awesome how they always swim together. And the new plants and stuff, what a fun little haven for your underwater family!

Wow, the floor....the whole looks great now.

A week off....enjoy enjoy, hope it doesn't go too fast. : )

Chad and Jessica said...

Whoops, I meant to say.....the whole HALL looks great now. Not that the hole looks great now, cuz there is no hole. Anyway...that's it.

Patty said...

The floor really does look great if I say so myself. Just kidding. It is great to show the comparison for the tank and the floor because it really shows how much better they both are. Looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow. Love you. bye now.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

The floor looks awesome, that is so nice of Paul and Patty. You have really good inlaws. The Tank looks so beautiful. I am like Jenny, I love the names, it cracks me up everytime you say their names. hahah. I love the way you talk about them like they are your children. I love it. Oh- and ever since we had the fish conversation about how serious you have to be about taking care of them- I swear I've been seeing so mnay instances where people aren't being good fish owners. OK- first- the movie ONE FINE DAY. when they are running through the city with the fish, first of all- the bowl was only a gallon, and there were 2 fish. AND- they were shaking it around I'm sure that isn't good. OK- then at the end of the movie when she gets new fish- she just pours them into a vase of whatever water that hasn't been 48 hours- OK next- at enrichment- a lady wanted to do a centerpiece at table so she bought a fish from walmart- and she just filled it up with random water and poured the fish in- not waiting 48 hours. AND NOW- I'm just thinking about all the fish that probably have bad care. kind of like rats. but i dont feel bad for rats. I love you!