Saturday, November 24, 2007

Just a little update

WELL- I would've posted some pictures but I left my camera at Rebecca's accidentally. BY THE WAY- you all need to check out Rebecca's blog because she has now started updating!!! There are WAY cute pics on there of the girls.

So anyway- Clay and I enjoyed our last day of thanksgiving break relaxation today together. It was SO nice. We just hung around, watched 2 movies: Oceans 13 and World Trade Center. I enjoyed both...kind of. I mean, how do you describe World Trade Center? I was thinking in the middle of it, ' I can see why some people get upset with hollywood made movies about real events that were tragedies...it's like- this shouldn't be a form of entertainment' you know what I mean? I guess it is good though because it was a total respect to all of those policemen and firemen and all of those brave people that sacrificed themselves for others. I was definitely crying by the end. It's weird because I remember that time, I was so scared and sad but wasn't thinking of those brave hero's- I was thinking of all the poor people in the planes and in the buildings- which of COURSE, were so sad- but the movie really really put in perspective the amazing people in the world that put others before themselves even with the prospect of dying in the process of saving them. I can't imagine being in the situation some of those people were in. I am so grateful for them.

Anyway, we had a wonderful thanksgiving. I was able to see my parents which is ALWAYS wonderful. I got to spend time with my sister and nieces. Anna was of course, obsessive over Clay the ENTIRE time. Poor guy, he was a VERY good sport about it. Only once, on the last day we were there, did he come to me and say- "I need you" while anna was clinging to his side. He played piano with her, he played games, he colored, he let her climb all over him. We were all very impressed! She is a cutie though, he did say that she called him Greg a few times, and told him that he sounded like Mike. Clay thought that she thinks of them all kind of the same or something. I don't know. But all of the girls were way cute and fun to be around. Gracie was talking up a storm and SO busy. Oh, and she was singing ALL the time! It was so cute. Aliese was of course writing and playing and a very good big sister. I made an Apple Pie, and thought it was very delicious indeed. Rebecca made an amazing Pumpkin Cheesecake which was wonderfully delectable. We also had chocolate pie, chocolate creamcheese pie thing, caremeled apples, and I THINK that's it for the treats. We had all of the traditional items for the main meal. Thanksgiving is wonderful.

Mom, Rebecca, the girls and I all went to see "Enchanted". It was SO CUTE. Oh my goodness, we all loved it! It was so funny and just really cute. You should all see it.

Lets see....we were very pleased to come home and see that all of our fish were still alive! I even fed them by myself today. I felt wonderful about that.

One funny story to tell....while we were watching world trade center today- we had cadbury mini eggs. DELISH! Anyway- We were eating them and then Clay wanted to lay down, so I needed to move to the end of the couch right? Well I got up and there was melted chocolate all underneath where I was sitting. I turned and saw that I had melted chocolate all over my left bum cheek! Oh my goodness- I have NO IDEA how that happened. I'm guessing a few just rolled out of the bag or something. Anyway- we were laughing so hard about it for some reason. We cleaned it up, I changed pants and then came back to sit on the couch. Well, the movie got over and I stood up- MORE CHOCOLATE WAS MELTED UNDER MY LEFT BUM! Can you believe it?!?!?!! You can imagine, we were laughing even more. How did this happen!?!?! Clay told me that from now on, if I eat cadbury mini eggs, he has to hand feed them to me himself. Isn't that crazy? Dear oh dear.

Lastly, it has finally become winter here! Typical 20's to 30's. Snowy....the works. Hoorah for us! It's kind of a relief. Because it was so delayed, I think there was a subconcience struggle inside of me wondering when it would come. I no longer feel that struggle.

Alright, Clay and I were going to play some Nintendo Wii, so wish me luck on beating him to the pulp! :)

9 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Icky cold weather. It is cold here too. Probably paradise to you though. I loved how you were glad your fish were alive when you came home, that's how I am with my plants. That are still somehow alive in this cold weather. I think they'll die this week. I'm so jealous you got to be with everyone and eat yummy food. Very jealous. Ok the chocolate thing? That happens to me all the time! But with chocolate chips. And I don't know how it happens either! But it does all the time! LOVE YOU!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

That is soooo funny about the choc. However I have had it on my bum a few times and it is always a wonder how it got there. I think the fairies do it when we're not looking. They love choclate also. We all went to see enchanted last night. Nicole and I LOVED it and so did Ema. Nicole said to her dad that she would love to dance and sing through life. We took the guys and I'm not sure they loved it but they didn't complain. I have no idea what Casey thought about it. I love it that you are concerned about the fish. I am that way about all of the animals and always pray for them if we are gone. Alan and family flew back around 3 and Ed and Judy left around 11:30. Tyson had left on Friday as he is the night watchman somewhere there at a construction site. So Grandpa and I were bummed at being alone and so we watched 3 movies on the Hallmark chanel. They were wonderful. I understand what you mean about the movie, I cried when the real thing happened and they showed it over and over on TV. What a sad day that was. I love you up to the sky Gramma

Emily said...

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving! That pumpkin cheesecake had my mouth watering! I just love long weekends...Steve and I watched a couple of movies too and it was so nice.

I am NOT jealous of your snow though!

Lizzie said...

It's so cute to hear about how much Anna loves Clay. And funny about his observation of her thinking all the brother-in-laws being the same person or something. Your Thanksgiving sounds soooo fun. I wish I could've been there. Especially for your treats. We had 2 pies from a bakery. Yuck.

So, maybe you just pooped your pants a couple of times during the movie. Was the movie so gripping that you couldn't get up and go to the bathroom Danielle? Really, next time you can just push pause, the movie will still be there when you get back. =)

I almost bought those cadbury eggs this weekend. I tried mint m&ms this weekend. They are sooo good. One of my new favorites. Love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Danielle! Thanks for blogging! i love hearing about your life! I couldn't wait to hear how everything went with mom and dad and everyone. I can't type much because Mike just walked in the door from a meeting, but I love you so much and you're stories were hilarious- with Clay and anna, and the cad burry eggs! HAHAHAH! That has happened to me before- hahahahahah- I love you guys! By the way- your pie looked amazing!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

loved your blog!! especially the mini eggs story! I cried in that movie also. its a hard movie. I had soooo much fun with you. I miss you already! You left your cute jammies at rebeccas and your tuna. Hopefully you can meet them in IF soon. love you!!!

Chad and Jessica said...

Yay, you deserved a fun vacation away from school. The cadbury eggs.....how funny...I loved that story.
Danielle, although I've never eaten your food, I can just tell you are an amazing cook. Lucky, lucky Clay. Happy Holidays and all that good stuff. I can't wait to see enchanted :)

Patty said...

I was glad to hear that you had such a great time with your family over the Thanksgiving Holiday. I loved the story about Anna and her crush on Clayton. Have a great week and we will see you later. Love you.

Megan and Greg said...

Danielle- I swear months ago you were talking about your nose hairs freezing. What do you mean winter just started?! Your pie . . . looked so beautiful. (sigh) it really was perfection!