Thursday, November 8, 2007

Fish

Okay, so here is a video of our fish tank.


Just to clarify- Clay was going to get fish and a tank for Christmas. One of Clay's friends called him up about a week ago asking if he could help them pick out a big screen TV and a sound system for their parents. Clay researched and went to Idaho Falls to help out and completely set it up. REALLY, it only took him like a few hours. Anyway, we were only expecting him to get reembursed for gas and stuff, but they reimbursed him AND gave him $100! It was a HUGE surprise. So, Clay came home telling me we would split it 50/50, but I told him that he could just get his fish stuff. SO he went and got this gigantic tank that included like...EVERYTHING a tank needs: filter, heater, light, etc. And four fish. You heard the story in the previous post, these fish in the video are our CURRENT fish. Clay is happy. We think that Rosemary is bullying Gimli, and not letting him eat. (We called one Gimli because they are 'dawrf fish'...you know, Gimli from Lord of the Rings, Rosemary somehow came out of somewhere...i dont know, but it stuck) ANYWAY- we watch, and King Triton and Rosemary always race to the top and start eating all the food when clay feeds them, and then when Gimli tries to go eat, Rosemary goes really fast to him and pushes him away! We are kind of worried Gimli isn't getting any food. Fish are stressful.

Anyway, I come into our living room seeing THIS quite a bit now.

LITERALLY- the first thing Clayton does when he wakes up, is go check on the fish. The last thing he does before we go to bed is check on the fish. He loves them, and is VERY concerned about them.

Nothing else is really new. I have a huge tax test I have to take on saturday. I am worried. He said the last test was one of the hardest. I got a C. He said THIS test is probably the hardest. I'm scared. I didn't study as well as I should've last time though- that was the week I read the Twilight series. Hopefully this week I will be more concentrated.

I am so ready for friday. Thank goodness that is tomorrow. That means I only have to do ONE MORE week, and then I have an entire week off. That's right, we get the WHOLE WEEK of thanksgiving off this semester!!! I am so happy.

WELL- I guess I'm off. Love you all. Bye!

11 comments:

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

loved your blog and the fish pics and video. I guess that shows how much he loves his fish if he will sit on that hard floor!! I hope you do well on your test. Reading for fun in the middle of a hard semester probably wasn't the best thing to do. Hopefully this one will go better. I love how you guys named the fish! I love you and am soooo excited to see you both!
love you!

Emily said...

That is a pretty cool fish tank...I can see why he is so excited about it. And how nice of your friends to give you a hundred bucks!

Good luck on your test!

Josh and Lauren said...

I think it's cute that y'all have fish! They're like your little babies before babies. :)

Patty said...

I love the fish tank. We will be up next week to get the real life look at it and help with the floor. Paul is talking about maybe coming on Monday. But if not, then Thursday for sure. Good luck on your test. How fun to have the week off for Thanksgiving. Will you be able to go to the workshop at our house with Amanda. Please let me know so that I can let Amanda know.Have a great day.
Love you guys.
Bye now

Chad and Jessica said...

You guys picked the funniest names! I love them. Your tank looks so pretty....it makes me want one, but I have no where to put it. It's awesome Clay is so into them cuz he'll be motivated to clean the tank a lot....tehe. I care about our fish way more than Chad does, so I'm always the one to clean the bowl. Thanks for showing us!

Susan, Blain & kids said...

You guys are so funny, if you get that stressed out about fish wait until you have kids! Good practice anyway. Perhaps you should put King Tritan and Rosemary in timeout, while gimli eats, HAHA! just kidding. I think it is great that you guys like them so much. Good luck on your test.
Love you guys,
Aunt Susan

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

yay! i'm so glad you guys got the fish tank and that picture is so rad! It's a cool fish tank clay, you have every reason to love it!!!!!

seriously it looks rad. and danielle i just love you so much, those fish names are so you and so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you guys are so cool!

Lizzie said...

I love this post!! It's so funny. I love how much Clay loves it. I seriously wish Shad loved something like that so much. Hopefully when you guys move down, Clay can help him get some hobbies. You are so funny in the video trying to figure out which fish is which.

Lizzie said...

I love the names.

Megan and Greg said...

That is so cute that Clay just loves the fish and watches them! So funny! It looks really cool in the dark! I love the names! They are original.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Danielle! I had no idea you had blogged! I didn't bother checking because of your rut you had with no blogging for awhile, i figured it would be awhile again- plus- I haven't really been checking anyone's blogs- I checked lizzie's to see if she had a video or pics- otherwise no i haven't! So I am so sorry!!!!!!!!! Danielle I love the fish! It makes me want to get some! I don't know where we'd put them! I'm worried about Grimin- or whatever his name is. why don't you take that net thing and push the others aside while you feed him, and then let them go and feed them like normal, he must be starving! The tank is really pretty- the plants and rocks and everything- it's all really pretty. I like the light how it lights up when it's dark, it's really pretty. I think it is SO FUNNY that Clay can just stare at them so much! I think it's so cute. I love that he loves animals so much, even fish! I didn't know people could care about fish that much. That's really cool. I hope you guys have alot of money some day because tehn you guys could have really cool animals like sharks and snakes and crocidileS! I would love it so much. I love the names! i was laughing when you were filming and telling the names. Danielle I wish you could have been at my bday party, and clay too. I miss you guys so much. That's not fair that you guys aren't coming for any holiday. If Mike and I came for Spring break would you guys have it off? I think it'd be fun to go to your apt and stay there if you guys didn't mind. I love you and miss you. Good luck on the test. It is amazing what studying can do. That's why I havent' touched those twilight books- because I know I'll be hooked like you guys. isn't mom's hat so cute! I love it! sorry I didn't call you back when you called, I haven't had alot of time- and friday was the b-day party and sat- we went to salem for my b-day. I'm going to call you today or tomorrow. I love you-