Monday, September 24, 2007

Allergies and Distraction

Okay. I am in the library at BYU-Idaho right now. Usually I am being a very good hard worker on whatever assignment I have to work on (usually accounting). Well, I finished my accounting on friday and have a few other assignments due tonight by midnight or tomorrow, but I just can't bring myself to work on them. I honestly tried doing one assignment and it's making my brain want to collapse. I don't know if a brain CAN collapse, but that's what mine feels like doing. My other assignment is to write a paper about tax proffessionals and their roles and I decided that once I get home, I will call dad and talk to him about that. It even said on the assignment to just talk to a professional. Now, I have a problem with focusing A LOT on the future. You may be thinking- that's a good thing right? Well, it is to an extent I think. My obsession is way past that extent. I can't help it, I always am thinking of the next big thing. For instance, I cannot stop thinking about my internship next semester. I actually DO need to be thinking about this, but I cannot think of anything else at the moment. I figure I need to get this done and find an internship soon so that I can move on and focus on other things.

Now, all of this fuss isn't helped by my horrendous neverending allergies! I don't understand. I decided to get equate facial wipes so that I would actually wash my face at night. Well, I have been sneezing a LOT lately- I mean...A TON! More than I have in my life. So the other night, I woke up in a frenzy sneezing and itching my eyes and crying because I was literally in PAIN I was sneezing so much. Clay and I thought and thought, at 2am, what could cause this? We decided it was the facial wipes. SO- I stopped using them. The sneezing lessened but the eyes grew itchier. Clay thinks it's our shampoo. It is possible, but I think it has to do with makeup. This is the worst possible thing because I've FINALLY started feeling like I know how to do my makeup. Seriously, I have felt so good about myself lately because I have finally found a way to do my makeup that I like, and is easy. So anyway, now that my eyes are acting CRAZY- I feel like I shouldn't do my eye makeup anymore. I am so confused and sad. I have never experienced anything like this. I have had allergic reactions to mangos, and sudafed that led me to hives all over, but not this. The sneezing and itching is horocious. I AM SICK OF IT!

Any advise?

Anyway- sorry for all this complaining. On a positive note, I decided I need to exercise. BYU-I has these free classes at night and I am going to start doing them. I really just hope I love them so that I stick with them. They have just started doing these things called "Getting Started Classes". So they are all the cool classes for people that aren't inshape like me. So tonight I am doing a Step class. I am way excited. Wednesday I am doing one called "Abs that Rock". Cool huh? I really just want to get in some good habits I guess.

Well I must be off. It is time to get Clayton and go EAT. I love you all and miss you!!!

By the way, this computer doesn't underline all the misspelled words so I might have misspelled words...sorry.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Danielle, I'm so sorry about your allergies...that sounds miserable! I hope you get to the bottom of it soon!

That's cool that you're taking those exercise classes. Abs that rock is good, but makes you sore! Maybe that was just me because I'm such a wimp.
Good luck! You should take Jenni with you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Danyelli, that is horrible. I'm so sorry.Especially because you found a new way to do your makeup that works for you. I wonder if you could just try a different brand of makeup. Is it when you wash your face? or do your makeup? if it's when you wash your face, do you use your fingers and get out all the mascara and junk out of your eyes afterwards? When you use the face wipes do you wash or rinse off in addition? This is really bad, I'm so sorry! The classes sound really cool. Sorry you're having a hard time focusing- I know all about that one! I love you-

Chad and Jessica said...

Bummer about the allergies. Yucko! Maybe in some countries, sneezing is good luck...tehe. That's cool they have free exercise classes, it's fun to have a variety. They had free gym membership at U of O, but the classes were $5 each....um....no thanks, I'll just bust my own buns for an hour thank you. Have a good 'un.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I feel so bad for you!!! Do you use clothes detergent that has purfume in it, or do you use fabric softeners,or dryer sheets? If you don't and you are using Patty's washer and dryer, do they?

I know the thinking about other things thing is partly because we don't want to think about today.

good luck on your exercise classes!!!
I love you!!!

Steve/Dad/Grandpa said...

My new little budding accountant, I am proud of you and I love you.
Dad