Saturday, September 29, 2007

Welcome Winter!


Well, it has arrived. On September 29, I look out the window as I shiver in my robe and see snow. Yes, snow. I don't get it. We didn't even get a fall. Yesterday it was 76 degrees! Today it is obviously freezing. Great. At least it's not sticking yet. Soon comes the time for scraping off windows, digging out the car, squeezing my nostrils together to thaw my nose hairs (yes, they actually freeze-it is a very weird sensation) and eat lots of chicken noodle soup. I hope you all enjoy your leaves and crisp breezes while I enjoy the below zero ice winds that cut through you like a knife! The great thing is, campus is under HUGE construction meaning the route to classes is even longer. What a joy Rexburg is in the winter time. BUT, alas, I do love it here. It is a wonderful town. I have just been dreading this time of year for a while now and now that it has come, in SEPTEMBER, I am a little sad.

PS- You know how when you look up the weather they have little pictures of sun, clouds, rain...or snow? Well, this was the picture I saw for rexburgs weather:)

7 comments:

Lizzie said...

Bummer Danielle. I really do feel sorry for you. Shad and I detest the cold. Shad will put up with it for snow skiing and that's about it. Soon you will be basking in the sun with us all winter long. We finally just started taking Tanner to the park last week. Anyhow, I can't believe you didn't get a fall. That is sad. I love fall. Unfortunately we don't really get fall where we live either. It's kind of just summer and winter. Well, at least you can wear cute warm winter clothes, right??

Emily said...

Oh Danielle I'm sorry! I hope it's just a quick thing and that fall will come back. I really like Fall in rexburg. We went to Utah this weekend to Court's wedding and it snowed on our way home! CRAZY! It was 35 degrees when we left this morning, and when we got home to LV it was 79. YES!! I know how you feel, hate the cold, but love Rexburg.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Oh Danille, you sound like us except the rain and storms started yesterday! I will take my storms thought any day over the cold and snow! I love you!!!!!

Chad and Jessica said...

Although we're not in quite the same situation....I want summer back already too! Well....all I can recommend its try to come up with activities you can only do in the winter, to psyche yourself up. Like drink hot cocoa, sit in front of the fire, ....oh what am I saying? Winter stinks!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Danyelli, I can't believe that. I feel so bad for you. Not to mention- you didn't even get the fall. I really like the fall. It's that halloweenish feeling. Snow and halloween do not belong together. Danielle my nose hairs have never frozen. I have seen that on movies- and didn't believe it. I can't believe that is real! What the heck does it feel like? is it like crunchy? I miss you....................I love you! Are you coming here for thanksgiving? We need to get on the same sched. I love you.

Megan and Greg said...

I had no idea your nose hairs could freeze! Scary! Wow- I feel bad for you. That's all I have to say. But I love you!

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

DANIELLE- I've been dyingggg to post on your blog forever but you don't allow anonymous comments and i've just entered the wonderful world of blogging!

basically i totally read your blog and love it, and um- yeah. now we can be real friends, and blog friends :)

love you!