Saturday, September 15, 2007

Random stuff

Before I started school I did a few things like start a quilt, and paint a picture. As you can see, none of these pictures are the highest quality. I don't know why...but, they were the best I could do. So there are some pics

This is the awesome bag I got for $2.95 at the bookstore. I think it is SO CUTE! I carry my books in it!
This one is of me wearing it- I had to do a timer and for some reason it ended up blurry. I really just wanted you to get the idea of what it looked like when I was wearing it.

This is the quilt I have started. I LOVE the colors. (Mom picked them out) The border turned out interesting. I couldn't quite figure it out and decided to kind of make it up. There are borders on the sides...but not on the top and bottom. I still think it looks great though.

This is the painting I did. I know it looks like a little kid could do it, but Clay and I think it looks cool. I enjoy painting. I am not that talented at it-this is the extent of my talent, but I think it is very relaxing.

As for an update. School is a stress! Yes...major stress. It seems like USUALLY, I start the semester off organizing my time and thinking- oh yeah, I can handle this. Not too bad. This time I organized myself and found myself thinking- how in the world will I get all this done everyday?!?!! We'll see. I guess I just need to get used to it and get back in school mode.

So we have this awesome place to rent movies. It's called Horkleys. It's a gas station with a conveinience store. The store has rentals. Old movies- $1.00. New Releases- $1.50! Awesome huh? The only downside is, they don't have TONS in like the big rental places. But hey, you can't beat the price. Oh, and they are always due the next day. Anyway, we rented "I am Reed Fish" from there last night. I wanted to rent it because Alexes Bledel (Rory Gilmore) is in it. I know she's not the best actress or anything but I can't help but want to see everything she's in. Plus, the story sounded interesting and the front cover said- "Feel Good Movie of the Year". I love to feel good, so..it sounded like a good choice. Anyhow, it is like an Independent movie or something. It was interesting. I'm not going to spoil it for you just incase your DYING to see it for some reason, but the feeling I had throughout was like...'I don't know whose side I'm supposed to be on...was that a good ending or a bad one? and how exactly did he find himself? that was weird...' those are just a few thoughts I had throughout the movie and after the movie. I don't recommend it. We did see some other independent films we want to rent though, in the previews!

Well, I am going to get off now and finish Chapter 1 homework for my tax class, then read chapter two and do that homework. After I do that, it will at least be lunch time.

Love you!

PS- Did you guys notice the little button right next to the picture button on here that lets you upload a video? I don't know if it's been here forever, but that might be easier than Youtube and Googlevideo.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Danielle your painting is gorgeous, I love it! And your quilt and bag are sweet too! Good job, and oh my gosh how do you have time for that stuff with those crazy classes you're taking?

PS: I LOVE Horkleys!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

We have to go to Corvallis today so I am in a hurry, but I love the bag!! And your painting could not be done by a child, it is very cool!! And that is neat about your videos. The quilt is AWESOME! You have to tie it or quilt it or something before you wash it, call me about it! love you

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Danielle- I love love love the quilt! I love the bag! And I love the sign above your doorway in teh back round in the picture. I'm so sorry things are stressful with school. I know you'll get through it. Mike and I saw an independent movie recently and it was stupid. We've given up on those. That's awesome about the cheap rentals. I have to go because my mother in law is coming over. I'll talk to you later- I love you.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Oh yeah- the painting is so awesome! You are an artist! I could NEVER do that. It is awesome! I want you and Clay to paint me some art. That is so cool!

Megan and Greg said...

this is so unfair. I just wrote the longest comment ever in my life and when I posted it, oh the connection died. I love the bag, love the painting and love the quilt. I wrote so much more, but oh well. Love you!

Chad and Jessica said...

Danielle, what can't you do...seriously?! I am so impressed with your quilt, it's very inspiring. I always see the cutest calico prints at the store, but I have nothing to sew besides the same skirt pattern, but I'm thinking of doing a quilt. Is it hard? The bag is adorable, but not as cute as you and your outfit with that hair, seriously, I was just looking at an Old Navy ad, and you would fit right in. : )