Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Books, Music, Cold feet

WELL- a big change has wrought upon Rexburg in the past WEEK. Suddenly, cars and people EVERYWHERE. Walmart and grocery stores are carazy. The students have come. Also, the loud music I told you about, that started...friday I think? Guess what, I can still hear it! It is still going on. I am wondering how long this will go on. It is coming from my bank, US bank, right next door. Lovely. It gets better- yesterday around 2:00, another bank, across the street from US bank- literally, decided to start playing country music. WHY? I have no idea. Anyway- all day yesterday I was listening to a mixture of country music and pop music. I'm hoping it ends within a few days.

Yesterday I went to get our books. Both of us combined, they cost $607. The funny thing is, we made out good! Our friends spent over $900. Clay only had to get one book. Amazing. The good thing is though, we don't really pay for it. It's just a bummer because we get that much less leftover money from grants/scholarship. I am SO grateful for my scholarship and our grants. We are soooo blessed. Oh yeah, I was standing in line for 45 min or more. It was kind of sad. I was holding with my two weak arms a basket full of 4 FAT books, and 2 average books. I was panting the whole 45 minutes. Then, I kept trying to talk to the girl in front of me...you know...trying to make the wait a little more enjoyable than looking at all the merchandise that is soooo wonderful- I wanted all of it- but she wouldn't really carry a conversation with me. I would ask her a question, she would answer and turn around. I would just say something, she'd say...oh, yeah...turn around. That stunk. About all the fabulous merchandise, I kid you not- the line existed in every part of the store except the books. So all the clothes, water bottles, home decor, etc. shoved in my face. I wanted it all, especially because I love BYU-I and am proud to be a student. Anyway- that was my experience at the bookstore. When I got home I realized I got a wrong book. Now I have to go back today to get the right one. At least I wont be carrying what seems like my entire body weight in my arms.

The other change in Rexburg is- it is cold! Not like...winter cold, but chilly for summer. I wake up and have freezing feet. I put on a robe when I wake up now. It's odd. I am used to this time being the hottest. It's just odd because one day it was like high 80's the next day it was low 70's and never went back.

I also wanted to say- sorry I am doing all these long writing ones. I decided this is like my journal, and I really do put meaningless things in my journal as I do in here, so if you're bored, sorry you don't have to read it.

Lastly, I am making a quilt from some fabric mom gave me when I was there. I have sewed all the squares together, now I think I am going to put a border thing around it and do the back. I am not positive exactly HOW I will do all this, it will definitely take some thinking. But I am sooo excited. The squares are wonderful! I hope it turns out well.

Okay, that will be all for today. School starts tomorrow, I am excited but not at the same time. I am excited for a routine to start again, but not that excited to get really stressed. I already got an e-mail from one of my accounting teachers saying that we should check out the syllabus because the first day we are diving into the first two chapters and the first assignment is due the second day of class and its a- I quote- "whopper", so we'd probably want to get an early start on it. It makes me nervous. I fear that I've just gotten lucky these past few semesters- ah, whatever...I am sure it will work out.


Okay I just had to add this last thing because this song started playing...AGAIN...while I was typing. Do you know the song that goes- "Your way to beautiful girl, that's why it will never work...you'd have me suicidal, suicidal, when you say it's over..." okay- his voice is so annoying. Anyway- I hated that song before this whole music bank thing was going on- now I REALLY HATE IT. I have heard it probably 10-15 times AT LEAST since friday. yuck. By the way- for some reason I never think to figure out the real words and think that a song is saying certain words that don't even exist, that's just how it sounds and I sing it that way. I was singing "so exito so exito" I thought he was saying like.... so excited, except making it cool sounding or something. ANyway, Clay corrected me after we heard it so many times. hehe

7 comments:

Emily said...

I'm glad you write about your day to day experiences...it will be good to have for later, plus...more for me to read!

I so miss Rexburg and the busyness of when the students come back. I think I need to come up there and visit. If you see Jenni give her a big huge hug for me and tell her I miss her!!!

Good luck with your "whopper" of an assignment!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

That is really funny about the song- I am the same way- It's like that one song- "kissing the night away...kissing the night away" but I guess its "pissing the night away pissing the night away" hahah.anyway- wow so you're starting schol tomorrow. Danielle you are so smart. You remind me of Rory. Really. I don't worry about you whatsoever. man- 600 something for books- that is amazing. We have a used store that carries all the books so ours are super cheap. Unless they don't carry it. That is so cool you're making a quilt. I really want to make another quilt again. Oh- I heard that Britney Spears performed last night at some mtv thing- and she did aweful and everyone laughed- so- look it up on youtube- mike is watching it right now- I haven't seen it yet. The music- that is so funny- is it to get students excited about school starting or something? hahah Well- good luck danyelli. I love you.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Mike just said he had to stop watching the video, so it sounds like it's not for Clay to watch.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I love that your blog told everything!!! I like knowing about your life.

I feel so sorry for you about the music!! I can't believe you haven't asked why they're doing it.

I agree with Amy, I know it will be hard, but you will do what it takes, and will do fine in the end.

THat is so funny about the song. I just remember thinking a song was wonderful and then really listening to the words and realizing what the song was really about and then I had to stop listening to it. I hate that, one of Satan's great tools.

Well, I love you!!

Lizzie said...

I am so sorry about the music. It sounds horribly annoying. I almost just wrote, "I'm so excited to see you when I come up to Oregon." I keep thinking you will be there. I wish I could see you and you could meet Kate. Anyhow, about the bookstore lines, sorry again. I am such a sucker for grabbing things to put in my cart while I wait in line. I can't imagine how tempted I would be in a BYU bookstore. The quilt sounds cool. Take a pic of it so far and post it. So your "whopper" of an assignment...too bad for you. Anyhow, I love you and miss you!!! Hope school is going well for you!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

oh about the quilt, just look online about how to bind a quilt or finish a quilt. I am sure you will see something. Otherwise I could probably email you something. I think that is so cool you have it almost done!!! I can't wait to see it.

Megan and Greg said...

I know that song, I never realized those words aren't that great. Anyway. I sympathize with you. In my last "single day's appt" I remember laying awake at 2am becuase of my neighbors parties and thumping stereo. But the worst was when there was a party in the appt to the left, and to the right. So both walls, separate music and loudness. That was AWFUL! I'm sorry for you.