Monday, September 17, 2007

No Bake Cookies

So- I have never liked no-bake cookies. I and Clay have always thought they were SICK-O! Anyway, Patty, Clay's mom, made no-bake cookies last night and both of us LOVED THEM! I don't know what is different about them, but they were dang good. I was telling Amy about them and told her I'd e-mail the recipe to her, but decided to share the love with everyone. Here is the recipe- very simple, but somehow amazingly delicious.

Bring to Boil:
1 cube butter (melted)
pinch of salt
2 c sugar
1/2 c milk
1/4 c coca

Let Boil 1 minute stirring

add:
1 tsp vanilla
3 Tbs CHUNKY peanut butter
2 1/2 c oats

YUM!

I just took this white/french bread out of the oven. I got the recipe from Lizzie a couple years ago. I LOVE this bread. Everyone who eats it loves it, and it is sooo easy. I will put the recipe for this as well. I know they don't look that pretty. If i wanted to make them pretty, I could...maybe...but I really just like the taste. This is why I just plopped them on there. This is actually a two loaf recipe, but I decided to experiment and put it into four loaves to see how it turned out and how big they would get. That is the REAL reason why they look so funny.


Lizzie's French Bread (that is how I have titled it)

4 1/2 tsp yeast
2 1/2 cup warm water
3 Tbs. sugar

5 Tbs. shortening
3 c. flour
1 Tbs. salt

3 c. flour

Directions:
Wisk yeast, warm water and sugar together and set aside. Mix shortening, flour and salt in mixer. Add 3 more cups of flour and mix. Let rise 10 minutes and then mix for approximately 15 seconds. Mix five more times after the first rest with 10 minute rests in between each mix. Twist dough in 2 and roll into 2 loafs. Spray cookie sheet, let raise 1/2 hour with towel over it. Slice top. Bake at 375 for 25-30 min.

**The raising and mixing part is a little confusing- if you don't get it, call me or Lizzie and we can explain I'm sure.

This really is VERY simple. I love it. PLEASE make it, so you can enjoy it.

Just to update- I am feeling better about school. I got all my accounting homework done and feel like it will all be okay. I am organized and good.

I love you all!!! I miss you all!!! Thank you all for your wonderful comments all the time. I love you- really, I do.

4 comments:

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I am excited to try the bread!!!! I am sorry I missed your call! I was at the house and shopping all day. I miss you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

that bread looks so good! I love you! thanks for posting the recipies.

Emily said...

Can I make that bread too...or is it an arnold thing? It sounds good, and I bet Steve (my husband, not your dad) would love it. Thanks for putting the recipe on there!

Lizzie said...

YUM!! I haven't made that bread in soo long. I don't have much time, but I love you!