Thursday, September 13, 2007

Quick Update

Well I decided this morning I have a bit of time so I would update y'all. haha. Y'all. Lots of people say that at school- the ones from alabama and stuff. It's funny. ANYways. Yesterday school started. It was good. I already changed one of my classes for the BETTER. Same class, different professor. It's for Microeconomics. I took this same teacher for Macroeconomics and LOVED him. He is such a great teacher. I was signed up for a guy that had retired and decided to come back and teach one class. He is old, has hearing aids, slow, un-animated, doesn't know how to work byui computer systems and I decided I just couldn't handle it! I fell bad saying all that, he was a good person at heart...I just knew I would struggle with paying attention.

One of my teachers doesn't even have a bachelors degree. He is my accounting software instructor. He is gaining his bachelors right now. I think the reason he is able to teach is because it's not a required class, it's just an indepth look at quickbooks, and he has been using quickbooks since it began and is a pro with it. I guess CPA's are always calling him and asking him for help and stuff. And he owns three businesses. So, I think he is qualified enough.

Today I start Intermediate Financial Accounting and Intro to Income Taxation. I also have Business Law, which Clay is taking with me! That will be nice. So if we are talking about whoppers, tuesdays and thursdays will be whopper days. Heavy classes. The accounting classes are back to back in the same exact class room. That'll be interesting. I already read the first chapter to the taxation book, and oddly found it interesting. So that's good.

Well, later tonight I will probably take some pictures of some things I've been doing before school and post them. Quilt, painting, awesome bag I got from the bookstore for 2.95!!! Alrighty, love you all!!!!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my gosh, reading all the hard classes you are taking just made me dizzy. You go girl!

Chad and Jessica said...

Oi yoi yoi! That class load sounds fierce, but you'll get through it. I hope your class with Clay goes well. I had one class with Chad, and I had a hard time being as focused as I should of been, but that was probably because we had just started dating at the time. Luckily the class was a required, low division biology course, so it was easy to get a good grade.
Also, way to go changing teachers, it was a smart move (even though your old teacher will miss you).

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Hahah,I laughed inside when you were describing your original teacher. You have to do what will work for you, that's just the way it is. I'm so glad you switched. Danielle, you are Dad's daughter. Those classes sound crazy. You are so smart Danielle. I'm so proud that you're my sister. Too bad you don't live here, then you could help me when I have questions. I love you! And Yes, you need to post your quilt and stuff. Awesome on the 2.95.

Lizzie said...

Wow, those classes sound hard. The titles alone, make them sound horocious. Just had to throw that in = ).

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Wow! I love reading your's and Amy's blogs, you take normal things and make them so interesting and entertaining. I think it is so great that you find your classes interesting. Just shows you've made the right choice with your major. I'm excited to see you quilt and other stuff!!