Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday...

Well, like most Saturdays lately, I am on the computer...Dante is laying by me....Clay is sleeping. He really does sleep most of the day Saturday, and half the day Sunday. Weekends are his recoup time.

I woke up with an extreme hunger for German Pancakes. So I thought, hey- why not experiment with a gluten-free flour mix, milk substitutions, and give it a shot? It's in the oven right now...so, we'll see:) I'm not holding my breath.

Work is crazy busy (i'm a tax preparer), Clay's work happens to be crazy busy too, and Clay is simply hangin on by a thread. It's hard.

However, I don't know if it's cause I haven't had Lyme Disease as long as Clay, or what- but I simply am not herxing! I am REALLY tired- like all the time tired. And my mouth tastes bad. But other than that, I'm basically the same ol me. Thank goodness! It enables me try and take care of the hubster.

The most happy thing is happening this next week though- my mom is coming to visit! YES! I seriously am so stinking excited. She is going to help me make freezer meals so that I don't have to cook so much and think of things to make. I can't tell you how much this means to me. Life will be so much easier! And of course, I just plain can't wait to see my mom! AND get her all to myself! That never happens anymore! The last few times she's visited was when Rebecca was here, so she had to divy up time between us and the grandkids...whenever i visit Oregon, I obviously see my sibs too! (which I loveeee) but it makes it so I don't ever get REAL quality one-on-one time with my mom. So this will be great!

I think it's time I start decorating my walls. I have really been into furniture, pillows, curtains...that kinda thing. But my walls are seriously bare! I need to get on that cause I think it'll just feel better.

I seriously watch a bazillion tv shows I've realized. And it's crazy cause I cut out 2 of my fav's a few months ago (Grey's and Private Practice) but somehow that time has been filled. We've got Bachelor, Parenthood, Glee (which might be cut...they are kinda getting boring and lame), American Idol, Modern Family, Off the Map (I know i know...it's that new one that is similar to those two shows I cut? Whatever), the office, aaaaaand I THINK that's it. ha! Seriously- a lot of shows. Oh well. Btw- I am loving the new judging panel on american idol!!! I think it's a good change. Except I don't like it when Steven Tyler hits on young girls....or any of the girls for that matter- it's kinda awkward.

Aight- I'm out. Sorry if this was boring and lame (like glee:) ). It really does seem like my whole life revolves around tv and lyme disease. Sad, but true. I'll try to have some more uplifting cool things to share next time!

PS- The "german pancakes" just got done. They didn't turn out. Surprise...surprise...

10 comments:

Aliese the Writer said...

I love german pancakes. Maybe you could find a recipe. I am so happy for you that Grandma (your mom) gets to come and visit. I love you so much and hope that you continue to feel great! :)

Kristi M. said...

Bummer the pancakes didn't work out. Those things are so good. We started watching Off the Map too. We'll see how that one goes. So exciting that your mom is coming. What a huge help she will be in getting the meals together.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Well, I'm excited tooooo!!!!!! For all the same reasons. I don't watch many tv shows, but I do watch movies, so bout the same. I'll have to try the German pancakes with jakes flour. I'm going to do the pie crust today, will let you know if it turns out. Walls... hasn't been my strength but I'm getting better! love you!!!

HeidiT said...

That will be so nice to have your mom there!The freezer meals are a great idea, that will make your life so much easier. Glad you haven't been herxing - that would be terrible during tax season especially.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Danielle, first of all- your posts are NEVER BORING! i don't know why you think that?! I lvoe your posts, I get so excited any time ANY of my sisters blog. Second- all your shows- ha, I started to get into off the map too. it doesn't help that what's his name is in it- it kind of obligates me to watch it- and he is really hilarious in it! haha. What is parenthood? We haven't seen teh office in like a year! I LOVE modern family- and mike has starrted putting gaming over it now! So now I watch it alone! I hate it- it as our thing. this weeks was so funny. I'm so glad you're not herxing. I wonder if it's because you haven't been taking the stuff for too long- I wonder if when you take ti longer it will get worse? I hope not. It's a huge blessing because if you were both sick I dont' know how you'd do everything! I'm so sorry you are so tired all the time, it makes it really hard to feel motivated to do anything. I'm so glad you have that doctor. Otherwise you'd be wondering why you're so tired all teh time. You wouldnt' know what's going on with you. It woudl be awful. I'm SOOOOOOO excited for mom to visit you. I'm so glad she is going to make all that stuff and that you guys will get to be with eachother. Oh my gosh- it kills me that I'm not watching American Idol!!!!! I think next week we will get a REALLY expensive antenna and see if it helps. LOVE YOU. does teh shirt fit? how does it look?

Unknown said...

My walls are so naked I need to get decorating them too. Post your wall creations when you do them cause I would love to get ideas from a super talented gal like yourself. I hear ya about having a lot of "shows". But luckily I have learned to chill out a little and remember that I can watch them online the next day and I don't need to plan my night around them as much. But it's still hard. Have fun with your momma!
-Tess

Lizzie said...

Wow. Those German Pancakes sound interesting. I do make mine with 100% kamut flour so the grain mix could work, maybe?? I used to make them with soy milk. But they really are the best with real milk, real butter and white flour.

how is your gluten free mix?

they had a "gluten free" cooking class here at a cooking school that I looked into taking (for you) but it sold out rapidly. hopefully that means gluten-free is on the up and up.

your lace flour is beautiful. it looks like it should be in anthropologie. i really want to talk to you. i almost called this week to complain and cry, but stopped myself. you have so much going on right now.

anyhow, there is something i want to talk to you about though....if you are free, and not too busy watching tv = ), call me tomorrow. the kids are way sick so i'm home from church.

and, i think it's normal and okay to watch so much tv.

i've always wanted to try parenthood the show out. is it good??

Jenni said...

Ok, I have your solution as for TV watching. I have almost totally given up on Network TV. I am 100% netflix! Have you finished FNL yet? I am watching season 5 now!!!! AND- start watching Veronica Mars. YOU. WILL. LOVE. HER! I promise!! trust me! netflix her. You won't regret it :)

And I am so happy you get to see your mom, that is the BEST feeling!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Danielle, Have you tried using oatmeal and grinding it into flour with your blender? I do that a lot and use it for a lot of things. I also use almond milk sometimes, and try using rice milk too. There is a blend of flours at Market of Choice that is gluten free, I haven't tried it but it looks like it might work better than other things I have used. You could check Winco and see if they have it. I tried to make some corn muffins with rice flour and it was a MESS! So the whole thing is a big catch 22. Trial and error and it is sad that a person can't just do what he likes and live life. I have been having a lot of stomach problems lately:-( bah and humbug!!! hate it and I need to get back on program also, but alas I keep eating the sugar. You're never boring I love reading your posts and I am so sorry you have the Lyme junk. I am glad you get to spend time with your mom. I love it when we go to the temple and spend time together also. I love you

Megan and Greg said...

Oh that stinks about the pancakes. Does Steven Tyler really hit on girls? Gross! Isn't he like 70? I don't know. But he's old. Tv is what it is. We all go thru our phases. I've never heard of Off the Map. I love Parenthood, even though it's not as good as it was the first season. Not as fun. More drama drama. I cut Glee awhile ago. Glad to hear I'm not missing much. I'm glad you're not herxing. The whole thing sounds so hard. I don't know how you're doing it, but I'm glad you're getting thru. I'm so glad MOm can come help you! I LOVE freezer meals. I should contact rebecca and get all the meals you guys do. I've only done the pot pies and Red Beans and Rice. It would be nice to get something else in there. I LOVE YOU!!!!!