Thursday, October 27, 2011

New Hair and stuff

So, I died my hair! Well actually, my sister-in-law Makayla died my hair! She is in beauty school, which is really great for me :) This is definitely NOT the best picture...since it was taken with my iphone front-camera, in my office. Whateva, it'll do.
It's basically black- and pretty shocking at first, but I LOVE IT! I really do! I think it's beautiful, fun, and awesome.

Have I told you how much fun my Zumba class is? Well, I'm gonna mention it again. It's fun cause you know...it's Zumba. But it's also fun cause the two sisters that teach it are awesome. They decided to have a Zumba Halloween Party, and told everyone to dress up. So I made myself this little tutu, which I plan on wearing to work on Monday with a witch hat and witch tights. The girls and I decided to be witches!
Here are the basic instructions of how to make this. Buy black elastic the same length as around your waist. You want it to be a bit tighter than your waist. Buy 10 yards of tulle. (It's 1.49/yd at Joanns and its not on sale right now...so if you use your 50% coupon, this all turns out to be less than 10 bucks). Cut tulle into 4" strips. I kept the width of the fabric (which was about 54" or something). Take the strips and make a slipknot around the elastic. I took two strips at a time to do this. And that's it! The strips don't have to be perfect, cause it's so puffy and all over the place, no one will notice:) Hope these instructions made sense. I thought about making a tutorial...but I just didn't have time. I made it in about an hour. It was really quick!

Nothing much else is going on. Just work...and stuff. My sister and one of my best friends both had the cutest baby girls this past week! It sure helps my baby hunger issues :) Thats okay though, seriously I am just so happy for both of them. It makes me SO EXCITED to have my own babies and makes me so motivated to get better and able to have kids. My goal is that this time next year I'll be pregnant. Yep! I said it.

Did I tell you that I am the young womens secretary? Happened last month I think. The asked me to play the piano for their Sacrament Meeting performance and I'm scared out of my wits. Oh well.

Well, I think that's it! Tomorrow I don't work, meaning I'm going to sleep in, meaning HEAVEN. Till next time...

6 comments:

Chad and Jessica said...

Okay, I loved your light hair, but this is so hot too! It really makes your face pop...and that's good! You make me less afraid to go back to my original color. I'm between that or red, we'll see.

Your tutu rocks. I think I want to make that my official working out outfit...well, working out inside. I'm so glad you love zumba. Didn't you say you wanted to be an aerobics instructor one day? You're on your way.

Kayleen said...

So cute! Your hair looks great and your tutu is adorable!!

Ainsley said...

i really like it dark! you're so skinny- my curvy short body could never pull off that tutu. haha.

Megan and Greg said...

I really want to make that skirt! Sounds simple enough. But my primary party is TOMORROW, so I have to get on it. I'm so glad you are still zumba-ing. What a great work out. You must be in such good shape. Don't worry about sacrament. No one will even be listening to you. Everyone will be focused on the singers. But I get it. It used to freak me out too. Now I'm so used to it. Oh! I LOVE YOUR HAIR. You've inspired me to do the same. I feel like such a copier. But really, I like it a lot. That is AWESOME your sister in law is going to be a stylist. That is SO GOOD for you. And exciting for her! Love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Oh my gosh I love you hair. I LOVE IT. And that is an awesome pic of you- you look so hot! I love your halloween costume! It is so cute!!!!!!! I LOVE IT. and I really like your work out shoes. I'm glad things are going so well for you right now and I have a feeling you will be pregnant in a year. Love you

HeidiT said...

I LOVE the dark hair! It looks so good on you.