Tuesday, October 7, 2008

From my blog to God's ears...seriously.

So I'm hoping that didn't sound disrespectful or anything (the title)- you will see what I mean by it.

So you know how in my last post I talked about how I would ask my sewing teacher how often they replace surgers? WELL- the very next class after I wrote that, today, I walk into class and what do I see? ALL NEW SURGERS AT EVERY DESK! What?!?!! The first thought was- "OH my gosh, I am too late! I can't believe I was late by A WEEKEND!" Well, my teacher comes in and I ask, "Sister Lammons, what does the school do with the old surgers?" She says, "They sell them at the surplus sale. I think they are selling for around $300" Holy smokes! So I get the name and info and stuff. The surgers are less than 4 years old, it's a Janome MyLock 644D for anyone who likes to know the specifics, and mother approves as well as my sewing teacher (who, by the way, is buying one for her sister...which of course she wouldn't do if it was a bad deal!). So basically- this is all meant to be. WHY?! Because just 4 days ago I sold my laptop for EXACTLY $300!!!!!!! No Joke. I am blessed. Clay tells me to not get my hopes too high, just incase something goes wrong. I tell him: TOO LATE! I am soooooooooooooooo excited! YES YES YES! I just had to share with all of you. BY the way- if any of you have been wanting a surger, and there is some way you could pick it up or I could bring it to you- I'd totally be willing to get one for you. One of the sewing teachers said she is pretty sure they are selling for $275. We'll see. Anyhow- TOTAL GOOD DEAL! Lizzie- I tried calling you to see if you were interested...just got voicemail. But anyway- just let me know! Here's a pic:


Love you all!

5 comments:

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

good blog!! I love you and am very excited for you! make sure you get there early!!!

Lizzie said...

I would totally want one. Give me a call.

I'm so excited for you. Wow, I can't imagine having a surger. Is it a nice one? Does it thread itself? Hard to use? I assume it's pretty simple if it's in a sewing class. Let me know....

Patty said...

I would love to have a serger. Let me know how things turn out. I can get you the money before hand if you need it. Thanks.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

OH my gosh so cool!!!!! You are going ot love having a serger and you will start sewing even more!!!!!!! That is so awesome that you are getting a nice serger at such a young age! You are so blessed! Heavenly Father loves you!

Megan and Greg said...

Wow! I would never spend that much on a sewing item but YAY FOR YOU!!! Very cool. I am the only one in the family who doesn't sew. Wow, I'm so glad for you. Congrats!