Friday, October 10, 2008

And you think your apartment/house is bad...let me tell you...

Remember my posts...long ago, when I talked of this amazing deal of an apartment that was way cool, way hip, and just so unique and awesome?! Hm...let me tell you a little story.

Tonight I thought, "hey, I'm going to clean the kitchen and make a nice dinner. Italian Skillet Chicken. Oranges. Perfect." I am just about done making dinner, and BANG! BANG! BANG! Clay goes to answer the door and...what the heck?! His socks are wet. He looks and our entire bathroom is flooded a couple inches and the toilet is overflowing. Who's at the door? The Bed Place (the store we live above) person comes barging into our apartment strait to our bathroom, turns off the water, and begins to tell us that the entire store is a lake. We are like...uhh what the heck happened? We were so confused. She calls Jim, the lanlord, and he is hours away from Rexburg, so he says, "I'll call my son"- WHAT?! MY SON? Well- okay. Of course a mid-twenties dancer (yes, he is a dancer) would know how to fix a flooded store and apartment and figure out what happened. Of course. Does this man not understand WHY THIS HAPPENED?! Maybe because he is always REFUSING to hire PROFESSIONAL help! He just has his son or himself fix everything- temporarily! Never quality, never timely, never ANYTHING. So the lady from the Bed Place tells us they have tiles on their cieling and they fell through, bursting with water. She thought a pipe burst or something. Well, Eric--the son tells us that this all happened because we clogged our toilet. OH REALLY! Well, we didn't exactly have any floaties on our floor, or toilet paper, and OH YEAH- we didn't even flush the toilet and have it clog. I think that is something we would notice, ya know? OH YEAH- how could us clogging our toilet, cause the roof of the bed place to FALL THROUGH?! So they tell us- "we turned off your toilet, but you can use the one in the ballroom" Hm. Okay. So in the middle of the night, or early in the morning, when I am not exactly decent- I'm supposed to go in the creepy, dark ballroom- in the creepy I am legend-like hallway to go to the bathroom? Where nasty teenagers go all the time? I think not. We wont have a toilet until tomorrow, when Jim gets back. No big deal. And then there's also the fact that we (and when I say we, I mean Clay--he is such a sweety) had to bleach clean our entire bathroom as well as hallway floor. And then there's the fact that we can't control our heat, WHATSOEVER. And then there's the fact that I can't seem to ever get the hang of my 50 year old oven, even with a thermostat inside, because at some heats, I have to do it 25 degrees below what I want, and some I have to do it 25 degrees above. And then there's the fact that every single light in our apartment has a short...so anytime the upstairs neighbors...well...WALK, we experience BRIGHT light, or an outage. And then there's the fact that we take cold showers all the time, and have a kitchen sink that gurgles the upstairs neighbors leftover water. And then there's the fact that I could go on and on and on FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is $375 a month really worth all of this? I thought so at one point, but now I'm wondering...I know we wont move though because we will be moving in april. That is just too much moving for my taste. I don't mean to be a whiner...but...well...maybe I do mean to be. I just thought you should know- when you have noisy neighbors and think, ugh, these apartments suck- or you have a minor but annoying quirk to your place- just remember Danielle and Clay, and the marvelous memories they are making in their apartment.

3 comments:

Grandma, Nonnie said...

It is 6 months until april!!!! I think it would be a good thing, not to mention healthy to move. Just"DO IT" as Pres. Kimball used to say. Nothing is worse than this. I mean it. I love you so much grandma

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

My mom may have a point! I love you, I must have a problem, I laughed all the way through yours and Megans. I do have empathy, but it just sounds so funny. Then when I get done laughing I think your landlord is where the nick name slumlord comes from!!! I think maybe mom is right move! love you!

Chad and Jessica said...

How awful!!! Ugh! You are such troopers. Would moving be that bad? Maybe if you moved now, it would be easier in April because you would have already gone through everything, and condensed your stuff....maybe. I dunno. I'm just trying to be optimistic. Good luck!