Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Stupid fridge, Food, Lizard, Clay's gone............

Alright. I'm actually going to go backwards! So Clay is gone. For 2 WHOLE NIGHTS! Now some of you who have been married longer than us might be laughing at me but we never are away from each other! I think maybe 1 night we've been away from each other! OH- I just remembered! This whole time I've been remembering some time when I had to of been away longer than a night because I left notes all over the place for Clay. I JUST remembered! I guess we have been away from each other 2 nights before- when I went to Lagoon with the Leslies. Anyway, it isn't normal. And I've never been alone for 2 nights without him. So....why is he gone? His stupid class this semester is going on a camping trip so they can better unite with their teams. StUPID! Oh well. I decided I can get all my homework done, get the house clean, and read and watch gilmore girls! hehehe.

Lizard. According to Clay, I am turning into one. This is the deal- my right hand is drying up like mad. It looks bad. I tried taking a picture but you know how flashes are and I don't know how to work cameras that well so I couldn't get it to really show what it looks like. WELL- It's ridiculous! (every time I type or say ridiculous I think of Harry Potter) My left hand isn't dry. Only my right hand. You might ask- have you done anything strange lately? NO! All things normal. This happened once before. It went away. I decided I'll just do the same. Clay told me I needed to get some heavy hand cream to help it. I said it's a waste of money. He said I need it before I turn into a lizard. Oh dear.

Food. I am taking a foods class and have made suckers, fruit pizza, vegetable pie, and today we made salads! I made spinach salad and it was delish! We made some dressing too. I should've taken pictures. Anyway- I am loving my foods class. Unfortunately it's only once a week.
This wasn't made in my foods class. This is the penut butter swirl brownies I told you about. Please try them! They are divine! Truly, truly devine. And they are very thick so they last a while. (Meaning...Arnold's- you probably wouldn't eat the same size piece as normal brownies-4"x4", these brownies I usually eat about the size of what normal people serve for normal brownies- make sense?) They are so delicious. Here is the link:
http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/peanut-butter-swirl-brownies?autonomy_kw=penut%20butter%20swirl%20brownies&rsc=header_1

Now, what could clay possibly be doing here? I'll tell you- we have a fridge from the stone age. Our freezer gains all this ice on the sides and creates freezer burn on EVERYTHING! Ruins everything, etc etc. Well- mom told us that we need to melt the ice- it's not supposed to be there. WELL- we did. Much more food fit in, ice already formed that day- but everything seemed okay. UNTIL- our freaking fridge froze everything in our fridge part! Yes. I went to go eat carrots, FROZEN! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am so sick of this. We are going to talk to our managers because these are the kind of things that RUIN food. We don't have billions of dollars and the world shouldn't waste food anyway. How annoying.

Well, that's about it. Love you all!

10 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks for posting the link for those brownies...I'm totally going to try them.

Sorry you're all alone for a couple of nights...that's no fun. I don't think I would like that, I'd be scared.

My hands dry out here really bad in Las Vegas, and I had to buy some really heavy hand cream. I didn't want to because it's super expensive, but it really does help!

Susan, Blain & kids said...

hey good luck being alone, sometimes it is not all that bad. it was good to see you guys. my hands dry out really bad, bleed and everything, eucerin works really good and it is not to much money, get the stuff in the container not the tube. have a good week.
love you

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

that is so sad about your food! Tell the managers right away. Your cheap landlord should buy you a fridge, we would!!! That is weird about your hand! put a lot of lotion on that one hand and then put a glove or sock on it while you sleep. A doc told rebecca to do that when she was having spilting finger tips ugh! The brownies look divine, so I think I will pass. :-) Your food class sounds fun, I am glad you have that! Clay will be back before you know it! I love you!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Danielle, The hand thing is sad, what I would do is the same thing I do with my feet. Put a lot of vasiline on cover well and then as your mom says a sock will work nicely. The brownies look yummy, how I don't think I will try to learn to make anything else with so many fats and sugar:( which I hate as I love it. Enjoy all of the goodies NOW as when you mature you won't be as free to do so. Sorry about the time alone, I don't mind when grandpa is gone in the daytime. I hate the long nights alone. Bummer Love grandma

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Danielle, that is so funny that Clay said you were turning into a lizard. hahaha. I'm so sorry your hand is dry, that is awful, you need to go get some lotion for it. That is crazy about yoru fridge, I hope your managers are nice about it instead of you know what. That is weird that Clay's teacher is making them go camping to bond, that is so stupid. He didn't pay to bond, he paid to get an education! that's so cool you are learning how to make all these things in your cooking class, that's so awesome. I wish UofO had some fun classes like that. Did you get my email? I love you.

Patty said...

The eucerin is really good for dry hands and you can even buy the store brand of the same lotion plus wear the sock over it at night. It really works. The brownies look delicious. Have a great day. love you. bye now.

Richard and Allison said...

Hey~ that is to bad that you have to be alone, it is no fun. I had to be alone for like 3 rights the fall semester after we got married when Richard went on that choir tour. Then when he went to post he was gone for 10 weeks, but he could come home and the weekeneds. But I think this was a good way to prepare me for when I have to be alone at night when he is on the midnight shift. Well good luck and it will go so fast.

Megan and Greg said...

Wow, I thought we had fridge problems. We can't put anything against the back wall or it will freeze and there's this special place for the eggs but if we put them there THEY freeze! We have lost manhy eggs. Call your landlord. It is simply unacceptable. I want the pizza recipe. I need to send you the bean pie. LOVE YOU!!!! Oh, thanks for telling me I'm pretty, it made me feel good.

Jenni said...

DARN THAT CAMPOUT!!! but actually, kind of thanks for that camp out because i was so glad i got to see you!!!! it was so wonderful and i can't wait for our summer picnics :) Maybe I should take a foods class, it looks muy beneficial!!! Love you!

Rebecca said...

I still hate being away from Darin for one night. Hate. I have a hard time sleeping unless I take a sleep aid. Love you.