Monday, April 21, 2008

We're back!

Sorry to disspoint, but no pictures today. Hopefully Lizzie will post all the picture she took while we were there. We didn't take any with our camera except on the drive! Maybe I'll post those later.

Well, I must say- it is very depressing to go from high 80 degree weather to 30 degree weather within hours. It is even more depressing to feel great wearing shorts and a t-shirt at 7am one day and the next day be shivering...EVEN with a coat on. Yes, my friends- it is STILL winter in Idaho! UGH! Hopefully the weather will cheer up soon.

California was absolutely WONDERFUL. It was so nice seeing Lizzie and Shad and so fun to see the kids. They are both so sweet and so cute. Words really can't give them justice. Kate is cute in pictures, but she is 100X's cuter once you get to know her. She is so funny. Clay and I have already talked about how we miss her. Even her little temper tantrums are cute. In fact, we loved them. Both the kids LOVED LOVED LOVED Clay. Kate was flirting with him from the moment we got there. I was holding her and Clay tickled her. She smiled and kept putting her fut on his leg and trying to get him to tickle her more. By the end of the trip she barely even came to me, she always wanted Clay.

It really was a wonderful trip because we got to relax so much. We swam, watched movies, went to the park. It was great. Just being in that relaxing warm weather was perfect.

The drive was great! Clay was an absolute wonderman and drove almost the whole way. I probably drove 3 hours each way. He was so good to me. The fabulous ZUNE kept us happy with multiple songs and artists at the touch of a finger. Thank goodness. Our CD case is about the same weight as myself and it took all the effort of my being to haul it from the back seat in our past road trips. I didn't have to do that once! Wonderful!

I am now at school. I just finished my first class. Income Taxation II. Woohoo. Haven't I had enough of taxes for a while? I guess not. I have an hour and a half break between that class and my next one. I still haven't purchased our books. I am off to do that next. Joy. It will probably take 5 men to carry both Clay and My books. Teachers like to require the most expensive and fat heavy books in existence. Hopefully I will survive the experience. If you think the weather is depressing, buying books is even more depressing.

Well, that should be all for now. I will probably go back to updating multiple times a week now that I am done with the internship. THANK GOODNESS, by the way. It was a good end. I'm so glad I'm done. Alright. Love you all! I will try to comment on all of your posts soon. bye!

6 comments:

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I'm so glad you blogged, and even more glad that you had such a good time, you deserved it!! It's always so fun to go to Lizzie and Shads, the weather makes it feel like a vacation spot. I understand about the weather. We had snow in Waldport and Newport this weekend. It is crazy!!! The forcast is snow in Portland maybe in the next two days. That is funny and great about Clay and the kids. I'm so jealous you got to be there. I think when it comes to my kids and grandkids, I will never be righteous enough to not envy people being there and me being at home. I think the Lord will cut me some slack there! Well, I am glad you internship is over too. Just one year and you will be done!!! that is amazing and wonderful! Well, I love you !!!

Patty said...

So glad that you had such a great time with your sister and family. We are grateful to have you back homes safe and sound. I agree with you concerning the weather here in Idaho. I am really ready for some warm weather that will last more than a few hours. Have a great day. Love you. bye now.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Danielle! I'm so glad you haqd so much fun!!! That is so cool! That's funny about kate putting her leg on clay's leg so that he would tickle her. I'm so glad you had so much fun....well- hopefully lizzie will post pictures- I've been checking everyday- glad you got home safe adn that your done with the intern. I love you. good luck with school- and by the way- it snowed in springfield yesterday- crazy!

AMY AND MIKEY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grandma, Nonnie said...

Danielle, I too am glad you blogged. I miss it when you don't. I am glad you had a great time at Lizzie's. And the weather has been really crazy here. I think it was over 50 years ago that we had snow in April, but it has been doing that and colder than ever, Plus sleet and hail and freexing rain. What a mess on the roads, and Cottage Grove got 4 inches of snow on Sun. AM and we have the early time so you guessed it as the chapal is down there our church got cancelled again:( What a bummer as I planned to go for the first time since my surgery. I am glad your internship is over and that you will finish school next year. whoopee!!! won't that be a wonderful day. Much love grandma

Steve/Dad/Grandpa said...

Danielle, I am very pleased that you did the internship at the CPA firm in Idaho Falls. Now there is someone else in the family who knows what it feels like to be done with tax season! I love you and Clay a lot and am glad you had you good trip.