Thursday, August 26, 2010

Fudge Truffle Cheesecake


I made this for Clay for his 25th birthday (Aug 15)...it was awesome. And delicious. I stayed up till 3am making it........which I was actually really happy to do. I wanted to make my hubby's birthday AWESOME. And it was, cause of the cheesecake:) Oh and don't go judging the crappy frosting job....I don't have a cake spatula so I was seriously doing that using a rubber spatula which SUCKED.

(i just posted my Oregon trip below if you're interested)

PS- Anyone read Mockingjay? I seriously loved it. Like...LOVED it.

9 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! You can make me that cake anytime!! YES I read Mockingjay!! Wow. Very emotional! A lot of people are saying they didn't like it but I sure did!

Megan and Greg said...

What's wrong with your frosting? And I never even knew there was such a thing as a cake spatula. Ha. Does that shock you? Funny, before I read anything and saw the pic I was like, "Wo. Dan spent a lot of time on THAT." And I was right. I have NEVER attempted that recipe. It's just too time consuming. I can never bring myself to do it. Congrats! And now you get to eat it!

Megan and Greg said...

Oh yes, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAY!!!!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I think the cake is awesome and looks yummy!! Hugs

Courtenay Beth said...

uhhh that looks SOOOO GOOD!!!! I'm totally impressed! I love the ppst about Oregon, and all the pictures! SO cute and fun, I just love your family! I LOVE all the pics f you and Amy, hahahhaaaa, love it, you both are so gorgeous!....and silly!

Patty said...

The cake was so yummy I was so sad when my last bite was gone..it looks beautiful and tasted wonderful..great job..love the Oregon pics..would love to have some copies come my way..bye now

katy said...

Looks so pretty. I think the the frosty job looks great. You are such a good wife, with lots of talent and a great camera.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

the cake is BEAUTIFUl! and looks delicious! I don't know what you're talking about with the frosting- the chocolate the white? it all looks great! love you!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I want to eat that cake!!! I can't believe you even mentioned the frosting job! The cake looks awesome!! love you!!