Saturday, March 30, 2013

25 in 25

Happy Birthday to ME! I love birthdays. I think mostly because I LOVE presents and I LOVE cheesecake. And I get both today! And I love saying to Clay, "But it's my birrrrthday...." with a pouty face and then he HAS to do whatever I'm asking :)

Anwho, today will be a great day. But what this post is about is my 25th year as Danielle. I have seen on a few blogs people will make lists of things they want to do before their next birthday. The list has the same amount of things as the years you turned. So, for me, I am making a list of 25 things I am going to do before I turn 26! YIKES! 26....that sounds old...haha! No worries, I'm still 25 for a whole year :) So without further ado, here is my list of 25 things I am going to do while I'm 25:

  1. Ride my bike around the river
  2. Do yoga everyday for a month
  3. Go on a zipline
  4. Float Mack's inn river
  5. Go with Clay on the motorcycle to Mesa Falls
  6. Grow a garden
  7. Read a Jane Austen book
  8. Make a blog book for each year that I've been blogging
  9. Travel somewhere I've never been before
  10. Have a friend over for brunch on one of my days off
  11. Go to temple once a week for a month
  12. Reupholster another chair
  13. Paint another painting
  14. Make a new quilt
  15. Have a get together for Halloween time
  16. Have a get together for Christmas time
  17. Write a song
  18. Have no sugar/treats from my birthday to Clay's
  19. Plant flowers in our front yard and keep them alive
  20. Go for a walk everyday for a month
  21. Go rock climbing
  22. Redecorate above the piano
  23. Redecorate hallway
  24. Give my neighbors and friends a Christmas gift
  25. Write a book about my Lyme experience

Whoa nelly! So a lot of these are actually FEARS! Gardening, inviting people over, write a song, rock climbing, write a BOOK- these are actually all pretty big fears/anxieties of mine. A lot are just fun things too. But, I am determined! I think most of these will just be so fun, some will be growing experiences, some really hard- but I am determined to have the best year of my life so far. And I'm excited! I do really well with lists. The ones that I have set for like, "do X for a month" I'll just do one of those at a time. I'll probably talk more in detail about some of these later, but these are all things I've wanted to try for some time...so it will be great. And this is very much in line with my new determination to start DOING. Yay! I'm so excited. Happy Birthday to me and have a good day!

7 comments:

Shannon said...


i am excited about the book. Can't wait..

Megan and Greg said...

Write a book and a SONG?!!! Wha wha what?!!?!?!?! Good for you. I wish you luck on all of it and can't wait to hear about all of it. I would print it out- there's a lot to remember! I love all the activity/physical goals! I should make goals like that. Wierd as it sounds- the only ones I've made like that I haven't done!!! And they're so simple- walk in the jacksonville graveyard, back home- didn't do it. And I like the one here, but I haven't done that either! For some reason I like graveyards. Well, I like OLD graveyards. I think they're great and I like to think of the lives of people buried there. Or IMAGINE the lives- like if someone died in the 1800s, I just think that's rad their grave is there. Probably sounds wierd. ANYWAY. Great goals. Hope your bday is AWESOME. Love you.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Happy Birthday Danielle, I think it is a great one the 25th I remember when I turned 25. I love your list and I hope you get it all done. Those are really great goals. I think it would be the greatest to write a song and a book. I love Jane Eyre books. I love you Hugs and kisses

Brittany Flint said...

Happy birthday! Way to go on having goals. I need to write some out so then I feel motivated to do them! Hope you had a fun day.

Aliese the Writer said...

Oh my gosh, Danielle. That is such an awesome list. You are so amazing to make a goal to do all of them! I totally love that idea of making the number of goals you turn and getting them done before your next birthday! I totally need to do that. I'm sooo excited about your book! Haven't I always said (basically every comment haha!) how inspiring you are! I am confident everyone who reads your book will be inspired. So excited! Love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

you are extremely optimistic. You are very determined, disciplined, strong, motivated. You are a really incredible person. Your trials have made you so strong. You already were very strong before your trials, and now since them, your strength has been magnified. i love you.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

wow! those are cool! I think you are an amazing writer, so you could really do the book thing I understand the fear thing. maybe I will take a cue from you and do some fear/want things also. One is a secret, I did share it with someone and wished I hadn't, but that's okay. I love you!!!