Saturday, January 12, 2013

Quinoa Waffles

I have received multiple requests for this recipe so I figured I'd post it. I got this recipe from "Quinoa 365" (a cookbook) but I subbed out a few things to fit my diet better.

Quinoa Waffles

2 1/4 cup quinoa flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tbs sugar (i used coconut sugar)
3/4 tsp salt (omit if using coconut sugar)
2 large eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cup milk (i used almond milk)
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil (i used coconut oil)
1 tsp vanilla extract

Combine the quinoa flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in large bowl and set aside. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, milk, water, oil and vanilla. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, mixing well to make a thin batter. Pour into waffle iron.

Waffles will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and sealed in a container in the freezer for up to 4 weeks. Reheat in a toaster or microwave oven.


No comments: