Friday, August 24, 2007

Almost gone!


Well, I must say- I am excited! I am all packed and ready to go. Clay is all packed and ALMOST ready to go- he is..you know, still at work! Now I'm just going over everything in my head a trillion times to make sure I don't forget anything. We were planning on leaving tomorrow MORNING...and I mean morning when I say morning. Around 6 am is usually when we head out. So anyway- Clay hates-more than anything in this entire life I think-waking up early. I hate him waking up early too, he's not very fun to be with, and he knows it! Also, he has slight insomnia if he doesn't take pills because his body feels so uncomfortable he can't get to sleep. And then when he takes his pills, if he doesn't get enough sleep when they are in his system...he wakes up with a ginormo head ache and feels slightly drunk, as in he can't really function. AND- he loves to stay up late. All in all, with all of these factors- we decided to drive through the night! We are leaving around 6:00 tonight and driving till we hit the Arnold Beach Haven #1! I'm so excited. We should get there around 9-10am I'd say, unless we pull over to sleep, which we are fully prepared to do if we feel we need it.

Now, the only thing I am stuck on is car food. We have some snacks that Patty gave us (clay's mom) but nothing really mealy. Not much will be open as far as fast food by the time we get hungry. I don't know. I'll have to figure that out in the next few hours.

I will probably still blog a little while at Oregon even though the majority of my friends list will be in the same house as me most of the week. But, I plan on doing so anyway, probably not as much though.

So I officially decided yesterday to cut my hair- bob style I think. But today...I am back to confusion. I have really been enjoying my hair the past 2 days. I think it looks fabulous to tell you the truth, and so I am just nervous to cut it for regret. AHHHHHHHHHHH- I am sure I will get much advice this week around my sisters.

I listened to the entire Michael Jackson CD that I have today. I think it's like a best hits one or something because there's Billy Jean, Thriller, Way you make me feel, Man in the Mirror, Change the world. Lots of good ones. I loved it! I have to admit, at times I stopped from working and danced a little in the middle of my living room. I'm not even kidding, I'm sure my sisters believe me. It's funny because I don't really do that as often any more. I used to dance ALL the time, even when there was no music. Not much anymore...Clay doesn't really know that side of me. It has been coming out more lately.

Well, that's it I guess! Next time I post I will be in Oregon- YAY!

6 comments:

Steve/Dad/Grandpa said...

We are just as excited to have the two of you come. Have a safe trip.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

We're excited too!!!!!!!! Be sure and bring your laptop.

mandijwaters said...

Hey,
I hope you both have a safe trip... enjoy your vacation... I am sure that it is much needed. When you get back, you need to come out and play guitar hero with us!

Love ya,
Amanda

Emily said...

Danielle, you better still blog!! I LOVE your blogs! And I totally agree with the dancing thing...that's really funny, because Steve's (my husband, not your dad) not a big dancer either, so he never gets to see my go wild and crazy, which I also do in the living room from time to time. So fun.

I hope you guys have a really safe drive, and I'm excited for you to go home!

Lizzie said...

Have fun Danielle!!! You should be there by now and I'm jealous!!!! I hope you keep blogging to. I check everyday....

mandijwaters said...

Did you guys make it to wherever it was that you were headed? Hope you are having a great time.

Amanda