Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Just some randoms

I haven't been updating and I think I should. I looked back on some old blog posts the other day and I was giggling a lot cause they were so funny! One of them in particular made me happy. We were living in our ghetto ghetto apartment on main street in rexburg and I had an entire blog post dedicated to our new fridge we got! I even took pictures of the insides. I mean, I'm telling you- I thought I had won the lottery! THAT is how happy I was. It was fun to look back on. I don't write as much about everyday life anymore and I want to start doing that again. Helps me reflect and center myself.

Speaking of centering myself. I LOVE YOGA! I crave it. It's my new thing. Don't get me wrong, I am AWFUL at it. I am constantly losing my balance (actually...not ever GAINING balance would be more accurate), and can never fully do most of the poses. But I am trying and I know I will get there someday! Already my downward dog is better...which I say is fantastic! I do have to say that planking SUCKS! But boy do I feel great by the end! I know it's so cliche but I feel so at peace and at one with myself afterwards. And...AND! It is a great workout! I literally sweat my brains out!

I also love kick boxing! Another great one! YES!

Life lately has had lots of stresses. I am constantly having to relearn that life with Lyme is just going to make lots of things harder than normal. As great a place as I'm in right now, the fact that I will deal with certain things the rest of my life is kinda a bummer. Especially the fact that local doctors just don't know crap about it. More on that later..

But it's okay. I remind myself that I have been through worse. Things I'm dealing with right now ARE hard, but they aren't the hardest I've dealt with. I think of the days that I would be so tired, but Clay was more tired, and Clay was herxing or in so much pain and so I would have to run to the store to get him something, or try to make something that was gluten free and sugar free and dairy free and then have to travel to seattle to keep going. I look back and think of those times and want to cry. But the truth is, I don't think we realized how hard it was while we were going through it. I mean...I dunno. All I know is how good life feels NOW in comparison to those days...that if I went back, it would probably be harder. In those times we had forgotten what good felt like....which is probably why it was hard at times to hope for anything better.

Clay has worked out about every week day since he joined the gym. I am so proud of him! He goes right after work and then comes home and drinks a protein drink and eats with me if I've made dinner. He is so dedicated!

I have been trying to work out as much as I can. It's hard when different things come up. Mutual, relief society activity, twisted ankle, hurt back...hah. But usually all those things only last a day or so, so I try to get back to it the next day! I always feel so good after I work out. I love feeling fit, but I equally love the emotional high it gives me!

Dante is a sweet little boy. I feel he has aged within the past month or so. He lays around so much...and he seems to get tired faster. Clay says it could be because he was sick...he threw up a few times (conveniently while I was home and Clay was not...fun fun experiences), anyway...I don't like it. I want him to perk up for summer to go on lots of walks.

My mom is coming to visit tomorrow! I'm SO EXCITED! We are going to set up my garden! HOORAH! OH YEAH- I planted flowers in my front garden bed! They are marvelous! I need to stop being lazy and post some pictures...I will eventually.

Last item of business...my dang wisdom teeth. I should've gotten them removed years ago but was too poor and too cheap and anywho...I've had a headache a lot of the day because of them and my jaw has been hurting a lot lately. ALSO, my dang cheeks keep swelling because I keep biting them! It has been decided this needs to be resolved. So I have an appointment tomorrow to get xrays and such to figure out a plan. I am hoping to get them out ASAP because I am sick of this nonsense. I might get them out while my mom is here...which is a bit of a double edged sword. On the one hand it stinks because I don't want to be bogged down doing nothing while she's here...on the other hand it would be great to have the best caretaker ever around! If I can I will probably do it Friday afternoon so we have two days to do whatever we want and then two days to take care of me :) haha. After researching online, I am DEATHLY afraid of dry-socket!

The weather has been so amazingly fantastic here. It makes me so happy. But its supposed to be all lightningy the next few days which I DON'T like. Boo.

Overall life is very very good. With all the lows are also some very wonderful highs. I'm so grateful for so many things in my life right now. Clay is working, I am working, we are both working out, I have been making more meals, we are slowly slowly making our yard look nice, so many wonderful things.

That is all for now. Ta ta!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Hey sorry that Dante hasn't been feeling well. I used to make Bella "Dog Gatorade" out of broth and water so she would drink more water. Dogs get dehydrated, too.

Also, I had a dry socket. It sucks, but it isn't the worst thing in the world. Your constant head/jaw aches are probably worse than a dry socket.

Good luck with everything. I like to read up on how you guys are doing.

Unknown said...

I love that you love Yoga!!! After I had Graham I did yoga religiously for 2 1/2 years and then my instructor switched gyms blah, blah, blah and I haven't done it for 8 months. My favorite kind is Bikram yoga. If you ever get a chance to do that style DO IT! It is the BEST!!! When I first read about your Lyme situation a few years ago I instantly thought of yoga to help it. But I didn't want to preach that at you. Sometimes I get on a yoga soapbox and can't find the ladder to get down.
Good luck with your wisdom teeth! And yay for moms coming to town!!
-Tess

AMY AND MIKEY said...

danielle- yoga- awesome!!! that is so great!!! i'm so glad you love it! that's awesome that clay is working out too! you guys are so inspiring! i'm so excited for your garden. I know what you mean about the double edge sword with mom being there during hte wisdeom teeth- but you will be SO GLAD she is there! don't worry about the dry socket- just do EVERYTHIGN they tell you to do and you will be fine. i love you!!!!!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Sweetie, Get those teeth out of your mouth, you will be so glad you did. They are such a pain. I had some really stubborn ones. I don't think you need to worry about dry sockets, just do like they tell you and drink plenty of fluids and get plenty of rest. I hope you have a wonderful time with your mom. I am so glad you are having fun with the yoga and working out. Good for you guys. Hugs and kisses

Brittany Flint said...

HAHA Main street apts! I wish I would have taken a good pict of our fridge with a real "ice box" that I banged with a hammer to get all the ice out hoping it would break so we could get a new one. but no not our luck they just made them really good back in the day I guess. It is now funny to look back at those times! Good luck with your teeth!

Megan and Greg said...

Wow I'm behind. Loved the post. I get to see you tomorrow!!! I think? Love you! Can't wait to get a hug!Sorry Dante puked. Scarlet puked once. It was a very pukey day.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Great blog. I am so happy you are doing better! I am so happy that you and Clay are working out. I admire you that you like yoga. I hate my yoga workout. I will do it when I start doing my videos again, but I am not looking forward to it. Loved our visi!! Miss you!