So we never saw Avatar in the theaters...but kept hearing EVERY person who saw it say how amazing it was. Seriously? I didn't hear from ONE single person that they didn't like it. Clay already decided when he saw the preview that he wanted to buy it. So we did! We bought it the day it came out on BLURAY! We've never bought a bluray movie before but we have a PS3 which is a bluray player along with a video game console...so ANYway. We invited our friends over, I made chicken kebabs, and fruit kebabs (strawberries, grapes, pineapple...YUM!) and watched Avatar! It was great fun. Pretty much, Avatar is my new favorite movie. I LOVED IT! Things I liked about it:
1. It was GORGEOUS! It was simply a beautiful movie.
2. The sound was amazing- but we do have a nice sound system and it was bluray...so that will effect it.
3. The messages were amazing. I LOVED the message that everyone and everything is connected. We all share an energy and are all part of this life for a reason, and basically the whole point of life is to connect, stop, and feel. Ah, wonderful.
4. The characters were just awesome.
5. If you look into how it was made, it makes it that much better. Even though so much of it was not real- you feel like it is. Like, I had a dream last night that I was at Pandora, in my Avatar...and it was lovely. It was so real looking, even though none of it exists. And the writer and artists are soooooooooooooo freaking creative. I love it.
Overall, if you haven't seen this movie- SEE IT! It's the bomb-diggity. Yep, I said it. Bomb-diggity. No doubt:)
I went to an upholstery class today (free of charge, thank goodness) with Lori, Patty, and Patty's sister Cheryl- and Lori and I basically decided we could teach that class...BETTER than it was being taught. We were glad however, that we went. Cause we did learn some stuff about different tools and supplies you could use to make things easier. So that's cool.