Tuesday, September 4, 2007

We're Back!

Okay, so I know I said I'd blog...but the thing is- I didn't take many pictures because mom was and I was having a good time and well, I'M SORRY! Really, if you want to see any pictures from the trip- look on mom's blog. She will have some.

Well, the trip was wonderful! I think the biggest success of all was that Clay came home feeling completely comfortable with the Jentzsch's (I'm sorry Greg and Meg if I spelled that wrong....) and the Winegardners and with my parents. We were able to spend a LOT of time with everyone so it was way fun. Among the many things we did- we went to Strawberry Hill- which for those of you who don't know, it is a hill that has a bunch of tidepools with sea enenemie's (don't know that word either!). You will probably see once my mom finishes her blog that Mom, Clay and Greg decided to touch their tongue to the tentacles of a seaenenamie. Don't ask why, I HAVE NO IDEA! They asked me if I was going to do it- heck.no. Anyway- that was fun...Clay LOVES that kind of stuff- creatures, that is.

One thing that was ongoing most of the trip was Amy, Megan and I made little signs. I will take pictures of them and update later today probably. They are soooo cute. You will understand after the pictures if you don't already. We also made decorative blocks. Mine say "BOO!". We watched movies, the boys played video games and built an egyptian thing on the beach, went shopping, went to Courtenays bridal shower, went to the temple, and lastly went to Jakes show!

Jakes show deserves it's own paragraph. Now, I am the youngest in my family and still under 21 and Jake usually plays at places that are 21 and over. I have barely ever seen him play. I have seen him play once as Cabinessence...and once as Marigold, I think. Anyway- Jake was playing an ALL AGES show while I was there so I got to go and it was SOOOOO FUN! I think everyone needs to see at least one of their shows simply because they are AMAZING. They sound 10 times better live, in my opinion, than on their CD...which a lot of bands cannot accomplish. Jake is so talented. I wish I lived closer so I could go to more shows. It was so fun and entertaining because the entire band was so good and I know I could be biased..but I really do think Jake's voice and talents are the best:-) I was sooo glad I got to go. I will put some pics of that too when I decide to do all that.

Clay and I got our hair cut by megan and it looks SOOOO GOOd! I love Clay's hair. It is soooo cute. And mine is good too:-)

We also played the Wii a bit while we were there and that was fun too. Everyone thought it was fun. I can't quite think of anything else we did besides that. It was a great trip and both of us wish we could've stayed a little longer. I love my family so much and feel so lucky to have them.

That's it for now! Love you all!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Cool Danielle, sounds SO fun! I've seen signs fr Strawberry Hill, but I've never been there. I will have to do that sometime.

I'm glad you had fun, but I'm glad you're back to blogging! Put up some pics of your hair, and your cute BOO sign...I'm ALWAYS looking for cute ideas for holiday decorations...especially Halloween!

Welcome back!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I feel exactly the same way. I wasn't ready for you guys to leave yet, and we had so much fun. I really wish you lived here. I hope it works out that we live by eachother when we're settled down. I love guys, and miss you aton.