Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Just a little update!

So I am in the library and I just finished my accounting homework and have a little bit of time left, but not enough to really get into another assignment. SO-I thought I would update y'all with my life.

WORKING OUT- Yowsa, lets just say- every movement involves some sort of pain. Monday I ended up going to Abs that Rock with my friend Kristen. She was so awesome- she kept saying, "Come on, you can do it! One more!" When we had partner stuff. Anyway- it was a pretty intense 30 minute workout for Abs ONLY. To create the picture in your head- by the last five minutes, I literally couldn't hold myself up. I went to sit down on the ground, my bum hit and I literally fell over. I couldn't even hold a sitting position! The last set of push ups, I couldn't do them. I WANTED to do them- it wasn't desire. I literally could not physically hold myself up. I kept falling over. Anyway- today I am WAY sore. Which is good- that means I worked hard. OH yeah- at the end of the class, the instructor was like- ' okay now this was the easy stuff, so if you want a real good workout, stay for the next class' Kristen and I looked at eachother in astonishment. I was insulted! I got over it though...Last night Kristen and I did the eliptical in the fitness center and she did it longer than me, but I did it for 21 whole minutes! Can you believe that? I was pretty proud of myself actually. Clay put it this way- I willingly put myself through pain for 21 minutes. I guess it was just really hard becuase I haven't worked out in at LEAST a month. Probably more. So being out of shape, I am proud of doing 21 minutes worth of eliptical workout.

Tonight we are going to a hip hop class! We walked in on it before Abs that Rock and thought it looked awesome.

School's going good. Clay is taking his first accounting class because Business Majors are required to take like 2 I think. Anyway- he got an A on his first test! I was so proud of him. I think I was more excited than him about it. I helped him study a bit, and realized I really do love accounting. Wierd huh? :-)

OH yes- Lastly. Good news! Yesterday I didn't wear mascera and my eyes TOTALLY didn't itch. I was finally relieved. So today I tried my old mascara that I used to use, that I don't like nearly as much as this new kind that kills my eyes, and my eyes don't itch. I will just have to wear the old kind and suffer my potential good looks.

Alright- time to go! I love you all and miss you soooo much.

7 comments:

Chad and Jessica said...

Good job doing the workout classes. You're helping to inspire me. The hip hop should be fun. I took hip hop classes as LCC for 3 terms...can you believe that, I got better, but let's face it, I just don't move like a black girl (I'm not trying to discriminate, it's just obvious that black people are better dancers for hip hop, they make the moves look better...sorry if that's not PC) Anyway, it's sounds like you have a good variety of activity going, and that's awesome...sounds like fun. Also, hurrah about finding the allergy culprit!

Patty said...

How fun it is that they offer classes like dance for you to take. I am glad to hear that you are feeling better and that your eyes are not itching. I personally think that you look cute even without the makeup.

Megan and Greg said...

Danielle, good job. 21 min. is a long time. I don't think I made that my first work out. And ABS that rock (that is the funnest name for an abs class) I MAY have lasted my 10 minute ab work outs ONCE. Definitely not longer. I canNOT imagine 30 minutes! A 30 minute sit up is not "the easy stuff"! Good JOB!!! You're motivating me. I haven't worked out in MONTHS!!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

yowsatia! First of all- amazing with all the workouts- that is amazing. You have so much determination! Ok- I'm glad about the mascara thing- but question: is the old mascara and new mascara the SAME brand? Because if they are different brands then that means you can still stick with your old one- the brand- but try a different type. All the brands have like 5 different versions to pick from. The brush makes a big difference. OHHHHHHH- if you haven't thrown away the brush of the new one- wash it thoroghly- and use that wand instead of the old one with your old mascara- get it? The wand makes a huge difference. Well---- that is really funny you love accounting...you are dad's child- and I am mom's. I love you-

Emily said...

Way to go with your workouts danielle! It's SO hard to get in shape...I am feeling it right now, I'm trying to get back into shape too and every day I just want to stop because it's easier to be lazy...but it feels good to work out.

I think it's great that you love accounting...you're lucky to have found something you love!

Lizzie said...

Well I just talked to you on the phone and just read part your blogs...finally. The work-out classes sound great. Your so lucky that it's free and right there on campus. Are the classes pretty full? I 'm glad you figured out what you were allergic too. I get allergies here in Oregon-it's so ANNOYING! I love you!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I am so impressed!!! I couldn't do abs for 30 min, or push ups afterward. Have you done it since?

Congrats to Clay and I am glad you like accounting that much!!!

Keep up the good work!!!!!