Sunday, September 9, 2007

Update

Well, I don't know how many of you knew this- but I was planning on taking 20 credits this semester. Next semester I was going to do an internship and take 8 credits at the same time. Then, the following two semesters I would take 18 credits each. This would all lead me to graduate december of 08. It was last night that I decided I am nutso! The idea of graduating in a year sounds GREAT- but...I really don't want to stress myself out to the point of insanity to get there. I really was feeling stressed all of a sudden about starting this semester with 20 credits, and I was even more stressed about interning while going to school. I talked to Clay-who by the way didn't even realize I was planning to take all these credits...I don't know how he didn't know that- and he too felt it was too much and I've decided to drop a class for this semester, not take any next semester, only intern, and graduate a semester later than planned. Let me tell you, the second I decided to do it I felt like my entire body just sighed with relief. I will still be taking 17 credits this semester, but I think it will be okay. If after the first week I don't feel good, I will take it to 15. I am sure I can handle it though. So NOW- my graduation date will be April of 09, and I am completely satisfied with that date. YAY!

Today was our ward conference. I wanted to share this bit with you because the majority of readers are women. In Relief Society, President Strong, our first counselor in the Stake Presidency, talked to us. He said the greatest compliment he could give to women is that they are gullible. Everyone laughed but he went on to say that men and the world often joke about women and how gullible we are. But he said that it is a truly wonderful thing to be. Gullible, is just a negative way of saying that you are trusting and believing. I think that is SO true. We naturally opt to believing in someone and trusting that they are good and honest. Therefore, we are gullible, and should be proud to be so. I thoroughly enjoyed his talk. I have heard him speak to my old wards Relief Society as well and both time he just makes me so proud to be a woman. Anyway, I just thought you would enjoy that.

One last thing- Clay and I have discovered a new little snack from one of our friends and have been doing it for a while. I had never heard of it before- neither had Clay, but we really like it! It sounds weird, just try it. Put cream cheese on a plate, pour salsa on top of it so it completely covers it, eat it with corn chips! Yummy. Sorry if you have all tried that before- we hadn't and we like it a lot.

Alrighty- love you and miss you all!

3 comments:

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

good idea about the classes. I think you will be fine with the 17 credits.

Thanks for sharing the talk. I am grateful whenever people give talks that make women feel good. I love you blogs! I am so grateful for blogging!!!

Lizzie said...

I CANNOT BELIEVE you were going to take 20 credits!!! While at the same time maintaining a scholarship! I'm glad you feel better about dropping one. I feel so bad for you right now. College is so stressful. I guess after I was married it was a lot better, but I never had the pressure of having to get good grades like you do. The salsa thing sounds so good. We've done the same thing with cottage cheese and salsa in a bowl, but I'm sure cream cheese would taste better. Once I can eat dairy again, I'll have to give it a go. Love you!

Megan and Greg said...

I am really glad you lowered your credits. One more semester sounds way better than the craziness! I've never tried that snack, but it sounds way good! Love you!