Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Signs and stuff

Here are the signs I made when I was at the coast. It is so easy. Amy and I went to our local lumber/hardware stores where they have lots of wood and asked if they have any scrap wood. It took a while for the guy at my store to understand what I was talking about, but basically you go and get scrap wood and it's FREE! You then have someone you know with a table saw (i think that's what it is) cut the wood, if you don't know anyone- i think the store would cut it for a small price. THEN- for the font, print out your phrase from your computer with your desired font in size 300 or so (depends on the phrase and how big the board is) and then get tracing paper and TRACE on the lettering. THEN YOU PAINT! It's sooo easy and lovely. I am planning on doing more blocks for holidays. The one sign- "The Walkers Est. 2007" I am giving to our friends that just got married. The one with the leaves Clay made. All of them look better in person, but I'm sure you can imagine. If you click on the bakery one so it gets bigger you can tell that i sanded the corners and it looks sooo cute.



Cute huh?

7 comments:

mandijwaters said...

These are really cute Danielle. Looks like you had lots of fun on your trip!

Amanda

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Danielle they look so good! I'm glad you posted them so everyone can see-like Lizzie and friends. I miss you so much. I love you.

Lizzie said...

I love your signs!!! They look so good. It sounds like so much fun to be at the beachhouse with just couples and no kids. It's neat you all got to know each other better. I want to do those signs as soon as I get home. I am jealous that you got to see Jake play. I haven't seen him play in over 7 years. In highschool I would see him play almost every weekend. I miss you and wish I could see you.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I'm so glad you made it back safe. I still love you signs! I miss you already!

Emily said...

SO CUTE!!!

Emily said...

And Danielle, I need help...I want to make an apron!

Megan and Greg said...

Danielle they look SOOOOOOOOOO Cute! I confess, Amy won't like this, but I like all yours way better than ours! They just look so much better to me! You just have a talent in this area! I love them all! And Clay's will be great for the season!