Friday, September 7, 2007

Major Changes and LOUD MUSIC!

Okay. Lets start with this morning because it is still ONGOING! The truth is I am starting to not mind it, now that I am out of bed.

So you know, we live on main street. It's pretty busy so we get loud motorcycles or booming cars everyonce in a while that we can hear very clearly. This morning I heard the loudest music I'd heard yet besides the dance festival I blogged a month or two ago. I say- what is that? Clay says- someone just showing off. I was rather impressed with their sound system because it wasn't just BOOM...BOOOM....BOOOOOM.....It was the song very clear and it sounded great. Then it never really stopped. Also they didn't play the whole song, it was like radio style or something. Finally I realize someone on the street is playing it from loud speakers and decide to get up. I am wondering if there is going to be a parade today or if they are having some welcome back students type of thing. Rexburg soooo does that kind of stuff. Anyway, it was just sad because today Clay isn't going to work because he is sick (more sad than the music) but we were going to sleep in together...Clay was able to sleep through it...I on the other hand, could not.

Now onto my other subject. Clay is changing his major! You might all be thinking- wait didn't he do that already? Well yes, but the thing is- this is like his 4th semester and he is young and has time to do this type of thing. The funny thing is, he is changing it back to what it was before. Business Finance. Well, I don't know if finance was his emphasis before...but it is now. Basically he wants to be a financial advisor or something like that. After he was told that he could do many different things like that with a Business major, he decided that with his selling skills (very good) he could do great in Business. Also- Clay and I have always felt a tiny unsettled about geology. We both knew he was good at it and loved it and it had a good future, but were a little worried about his health and abilities in the field. All in all, we've prayed thought, talked to people (dad and shad) and decided this is the right decision! We are both way excited. In fact, this allows us to take a class or two together. It kind of stinks because he will be taking like...5 or 6 classes I took these past two semesters. OH well! And the awesome thing is, we think he only took one class that he doesn't need because he is going to get another emphasis in geology- it's all going very well- the transition I mean.

As for other news....we watched the movie "The Ultimate Gift" last night. I liked it a lot- but a warning...there are some corny and wierd parts. Sometimes your like- what?! Why are they acting like that? This hasn't even happened yet...And there are some corny lines...the main character I could tell hasn't acted a lot...but it had a great story and I enjoyed it.

We start school on Wednesday. I think now that school is starting, I've finally started to enjoy this vacationing thing. It always seems to work out that way...

I really love being able to take care of the apartment. I know I am meant to be a homemaker. Sometimes it takes a lot of effort to get myself to do a lot of homemaking things, but once I do them I am so happy. Clay is also very much meant to be a worker. When he decided to stay home from work, he said...well- I might end up going to work...I'll probably get bored. Silly boy.

Clay and I have been very grateful for our life lately. I am just sooo satisfied. We love each other, we love our apartment, we love our car, our bikes, we have enough money to feed us and go on some dates. We have the gospel, wonderful families, everything. It has just become so apparent to both of us this past week for some reason. Then last night Clay told me about a guy he knows that has been married 4 months and his wife is asking for a divorce. It is a terrible situation. I feel so blessed. I hope you don't think I'm bragging about my life or anything- trust me, we have our struggles, but in the big picture, even for the most part, the little picture- life is wonderful.

6 comments:

Emily said...

I'm glad you guys are so happy, that is so great! I hope Clay feels better soon and that the loud music stops for you! Rexburg is such a great place...that's probably while you feel so happy! I ALWAYS feel happy there. Plus, you are very blessed and have a great life. Good luck with school and all the new classes and changes!

Lizzie said...

You are both so righteous. I don't think that just because of your blog, I can just tell. You both do the right thing and are so happy. I wish I knew Clay better. Everyone loves him, so I'm sure I would too. I'm happy for you that you feel at peace about the major change. That can be such a frustrating decision, so it's nice you both feel good about it. Love you both!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I loved your blog!!! It didn't sound like you were bragging at all, you sounded grateful. I am grateful too, it makes me so happy and comforted that you are happy. It was so good to have you both here. I am like Amy, I wish we could all live around each other. I missed you when you pulled out of the driveway. I'm glad you both feel good about the major change. I am so grateful that you both have such a strong testimony, and such great faith. I am excited for the day you get to be a fulltime homemake also. It makes it fun to visit! I love you !!!

Megan and Greg said...

You are SO not bragging, I'm so glad you shared. Greg and I feel the same way. We feel so blessed. Life really can be so incredible. I'm glad yours is too.
As for the major change! Shockaroo! (there's a word for Clay!) But it sounds like a good thing. Greg changed his major for a term and changed it right back to what it was before. It was a little chaotic, but all worked out. I'm so glad the transition feels so smooth and right. That is just great! Thanks for the movie recommendation! I almost rented it! And then someone picked it up before me, but I'd never heard of it before. Now I'll rent it! I never mind cheesiness! I think I'm starting to prefer it. Yikes. That makes me sound old.

Megan and Greg said...

Oh yeah, I had such a good time when you were both here. Greg too. I love you both so much. I hope we can still get together when we all start to move.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

dito to what megan said. I miss you guys so much. I almost with you guys never came, cause I miss you guys so much. Ok- I think it is so wonderful that you changed your major and feel good about it. Secretly- I thought you should be in this major- because you are so good at sales. You will soar in this department- I know you'll make alot of money- because you're so good at sales. and you both are so righteous. you are an example to me and mike, you are both very obedient. No wonder you are so blessed.